The Dating Game | Teen Ink

The Dating Game

By eclecticeverything BRONZE, Western Mass, Massachusetts
eclecticeverything BRONZE, Western Mass, Massachusetts

“If I bite my lip he’ll know I’m interested.”

“I have to get to know his hobbies and then he’d like me.”

“If I text him hey with two extra y’s then it’s obvious I’m into him.”

What fine examples of what the typical female debates when trying to attract a male. And ladies, do you really think guys ever wonder about the little details like us? No, it does not even cross their mind. Men are doers. Think about it. They do what they want, when they want it. Women, on the other hand are more likely to sit on the side and watch; fearful of looking absurd in front of a guy. Why do women have to spend hours getting ready for a date while guys just put on a fresh t shirt? Dating leaves men with the power, and women over thinking every detail. And I’m not sure how we received the role in which we are expected to play. I’m positive there are men out there that can make their own sandwich. Flip through a women’s magazine. Notice how all the articles are relating to topics on how to keep a man interested in you, how to make him want you, how to tell if he’s a player. Now flip through a men’s magazine. How to grill a good steak, what sorts to wear in the summer, the best places to golf. Can you tell which gender is putting in more work?

Women, don’t think you have to make yourself more desirable or else he won’t care about you. Men don’t alter themselves for us, why should we for them? Sure, sometimes you want to look irresistibly sexy, we all do. But don’t feel like it’s required in order to catch someone’s attention. Think of the number of times you critique and change yourself in the attempt to make him notice you. You’ll act a certain way thinking he’ll melt at your feet. You want to be spontaneous and fun, but not too easy. Don’t fall victim to the game of dating. Be your own person, and if he can’t see that; then he doesn’t have much substance anyway. Yes, it is difficult because there are ladies out there who play the part of a perfect plastic doll. But they lack substance as well. Stay confident in who you are and how you act and the men will follow. They find sexiness in confidence so don’t let the magazines that feed off of insecurities frighten you. And keep in mind, there should never be an instance where you feel like you would do anything for a man.

on Jun. 23 2013 at 7:00 pm
nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Two things. 1) *fist pump* 2) check for a few little type-os. Nothing serious though.