LOVE? | Teen Ink

LOVE?

By SingleGal SILVER, Huntsville, Arkansas
SingleGal SILVER, Huntsville, Arkansas

PEACE LOVE DEATH

“I love you” ,“I miss you”, “ We will always be together, forever”. Days pass. Weeks pass. A small fight, but it’s ok, its small. Months pass. “I love you”, “I miss you”, “We will always be together forever”.

BAM!!!!!!!! “ I hate you”, “ you ruined my life”, ”I don't want anything to do with you”. . . . The word “Love” gets tossed around like a rag doll. Love isn’t just being committed and having a strong relationship. What is the meaning of love?...Is it something only in dreams?....Is it something in movie screens?...Most teens don't know what the meaning is. They just say it to say it.

LOVE: Unselfish concern that freely accepts another in loyalty and seeks his good. It Is a beautiful feeling and elegant.

Teens are feeling infatuated. Infatuated-To be inspired with an intense but short-lived passion for admiration.

Love can mend your heart,

Love can burn your heart.

Love can save your life,

Love can drown you inside.
Love is confusing. Most 8th graders agree with me. I talked to an anonymous 8th grader and, she thinks that love is when you can see a future with that person. She says that she has been in love maybe 7-8 times and they left her.

People having their heart broken is natural. Everybody gets their heart broken in life. Most people get over it. Some are stupid enough to commit suicide.

Infatuation is everywhere around you. This life would not be complete without “Infatuation” and “Love”. So just ask yourself are you in “love” or ‘infatuated”?

on Dec. 7 2010 at 9:33 am
SingleGal SILVER, Huntsville, Arkansas

PEACE LOVE DEATH

Thank you very much!!!

zero_123 PLATINUM, Las Vegas, Nevada

courage is not the abasence of fear, but the judjement that there is someting more important
Knowlage is what you get when you dont get what you want
Brick walls arent there to keep you out, theyre there to prove how badly you want whats behind it

in all honesty? i have been with the same guy for almost three years. i am infantaly happy and i cant belive that some people kill themselvs over someone they dated for one month or so. love can be confuseing to someone whos in lust. but for me? love is not something you need, not what you want.....but the ultimate respect for someone. it is very well written though. wonderful job

Daisja.J SILVER, New York, New York

be you because no one can do you better than you.

I agree!I see girls walking around depressed about what they thought was"love." Sometimes their love can last for a long time but maybe it's for something other than love like lust.

on Dec. 2 2010 at 9:36 am
SingleGal SILVER, Huntsville, Arkansas

PEACE LOVE DEATH

Ya i am with my boy friend i am in the same situation and i have been with him 3 months and almost 4!!! I love my baby matt!!

jones(: said...
i think this is so true ! i falling in love twice , my ex boyfriend broke up with me for no reasons an i was heart broken for mouths , but the one in falling in love now is my boyfriend well my husband . i love him to death , we always say we love each other an we miss each other , an he tells me all the time that im his last girlfriend which makes me the happiest girl in the world ! my boyfriend has trouble finding the right girl in hes life an he tells eveybody that im the right girl for him , an hes the perfect boyfrined for me an i love him alot . he means everything to me , i cant lose him im deeply in love with him . we have been together for over a mouth an were gonna be forever an always . were getting married , an having a family , a big big house . we have are future planed out right now .   i love my husbandd (: foever an always <3 .

on Nov. 30 2010 at 10:17 am
TheMascot BRONZE, Arkansas, Arkansas

i reject your therory and substitute it with my own!

i disagree

on Nov. 30 2010 at 9:56 am
SnowAngel BRONZE, Rogers, Arkansas
this is a really good article

on Nov. 30 2010 at 9:35 am
SingleGal SILVER, Huntsville, Arkansas

PEACE LOVE DEATH

I can see where you are coming from i geuss.

liveincolor GOLD, Gainesville, Florida

You need to be the change you wish to see in the world. ~Ghandi

*gone

and i think it's never a good idea to judge untill you have been put in the shoes of the person.

liveincolor GOLD, Gainesville, Florida

I think that people who have a perfect lifewould never commit suicide. and wanting too, is a really scary feeling. Most of the time when ppl kill themselves isn't because they are stupid or selfish, its because they have gine through things almost impossible to stand, and usually  it is the fault of the ones around them.

on Nov. 29 2010 at 10:20 am
TheMascot BRONZE, Arkansas, Arkansas

to replyto angellikaseto or whatever i think that suicide is giving up. you cant bear it anymore and you faild. so suicide is for losers

on Nov. 29 2010 at 10:09 am
SingleGal SILVER, Huntsville, Arkansas

PEACE LOVE DEATH

I know it is selfish but i think it is at least a little stupid to.and NightOwl thanks i do my best!! :-)))))

on Nov. 29 2010 at 9:22 am
AngelikaSeton, Eatonville, Washington

if i kiss your throat, will you slice mine?-jeffree star

WHOA!!!!!! whoa ok did i just read that commiting sucide is stupid?? NO it is not stupid it is SELFISH these people are not stupid!! in fact they are anything but!!

NightOwl SILVER, Anacortes, Washington
I think this is so true. Teens need to open their eyes to what's real sometimes. there are times when teens are in love (my parents went to the same highschool and just celebrated their 25 anniversary) but a lot of times they're not.