I love you... wait, was that to soon? | Teen Ink

I love you... wait, was that to soon?

By jennifur GOLD, Youngstown, Pennsylvania
jennifur GOLD, Youngstown, Pennsylvania

"even after all this time the sun never says to the earth 'you owe me.' see what happens with a love like that? it lights up the sky." -hafiz

Today is the day I'll tell him how i feel... or tomorrow... or the next day... or the day after...
"do you love me?" I'll tell him that I do... or I won't... Only if he says it first, which I hope he does.
Then I'll say his name. He'll look at me smile like he always does and I'll share my heart with his.
One day I'll hope he realizes whenever he's holding my hand that I don't mind if he tells me.
Tells me that he likes his arm around my waist. That he gives me his hoodie not because I was saying I was cold, it's truly because I want people to ask me about him.
"You know him!" They'll say as they show me their entire face and how it lights up as I'll show them how sweaty my palms get and how I loose my words just hearing his name.
Today I will tell him. Today it's early. Today is a new, bright sunny day and well, today is not just another wake up then it's over day. This is the day... This is the day I tell you I love you.
I hope you do not get frightened and understand that I only want to look into your eyes, because I do. I truly magically true.
So I see you as I walk towards the building.
"I love you"

I like this boy, but I have a boyfriend. I'm waiting for him to tell me because I wouldn't want to brake up with my boyfriend for someone who only acts as if they "like" me.

aly-mack10 said...
You welcome =]

jennifur GOLD said...
jennifur GOLD, Youngstown, Pennsylvania

of coarse, i absolutly cannot disagree with that! thanks for commenting(:

jennifur GOLD said...
jennifur GOLD, Youngstown, Pennsylvania

so true, so very true. thanks for the comment!

jennifur GOLD said...
jennifur GOLD, Youngstown, Pennsylvania

i was hoping someone who read this would relate to it! You're totally right, follow your heart. It's the best thing a person could do! thanks so much(:

jennifur GOLD said...
jennifur GOLD, Youngstown, Pennsylvania

that is so the point i was trying to show. thanks!

aly-mack10 said...
i absolutly understand how you feel because this just happend to me and I think you should ask the boy if he likes you and if your having doubts about being with your bf because of him that means that you dont like your bf that much so just fallow your heart and who knows you might be suprise!

holly.nicole SILVER, Templeton, Massachusetts

"It's Only Awkward, If You Make It Awkward."

I like this alot!! I love how the author made it obvious that the girl in this is excited to tell him and how open she wants to be about it!! I agree with jennnnnn!(: BRAVE

Nancy18 said...
I love the way you express yourself in words. Never be afraid to tell him you love him first. Maybe he's just feeling the same way you are. Maybe he's frighten that once he tells you he loves you, you'll get frighten too. Just don't worry about it. If you feel like you really do love him, then you should go for it. Takes chances, that's what life is all about :)

jennnnnn said...
I like how the author keeps mentioning that "today is a new day" and has a very positive outlook on telling her boyfriend "I Love You" first. She is very brave for that