Teenagers Having Sex : Right or WRONG! | Teen Ink

Teenagers Having Sex : Right or WRONG!

By Deanna Tocco GOLD, Congers, New York
Deanna Tocco GOLD, Congers, New York

Don’t you feel that the world today is revolved around sex, drugs, and pressure? Our generation is different than our parents. Relationships are different than they used to be. There not caused by love at first sight at the homecoming game, there caused by getting drunk at a party and ending up making out or worse. Relationships these days are determined by how much they do. If teens are having sex they must be in love. People don’t realize that you don’t have to have sex to be in love. You should love the person to have sex but you don’t need to have sex unless you are married to that person and are dedicated to spend the rest of your life with that one person.
There is a lot of pressure to have sex especially in girls. All girls want to be liked and sometimes they will do things they shouldn’t to get that feeling. Girls can sometimes be fooled easily. They will believe a guy when he says he loves them, when he really just wants to do it. Those are guys; most guys just want to have sex. If you are lucky you find a guy that respects you and likes you because of you and not because of your body. A lot of teenagers these days are having sex and most don’t regret it they think there in love and they say they will get married some day. The truth is we are too young to be in the love that you need to be to have sex. I believe in young love but it’s not strong enough to lead to marriage and commitment. We are teenagers, were young and stupid. But what teenagers don’t realize is that having sex especially as a teenager is a stupid act that has series consequences. Pregnancy is a serious consequence that can change a persons life forever. Your life has to start over because you brought another life to the world. Most teenage girls say its wont happen. Not if you used a condom and or you were using birth control. That is not true there is nothing that protects you 100% from getting pregnant.
I’ve been talking about teens that made the choice to have sex but most teens don’t make the choice. Some are taken advantage of and raped because of drugs and alcohol. STD’s and pregnancies is a big problem in this world. Sex leads to guilt and regret in some and foolishness and ignorance in others. All of the bad things are all linked together somehow. Drugs and alcohol can lead to sex and the other way around. Sex and pressure are also connected.
Being in high school allows you to experience many things, positives and negatives. It allows you to make new friends, learn, and start taking on responsibility. There are many negative pressures that will come upon you like sex but it’s your responsibility to make the right choice and say NO.

Sparaxis GOLD said...
Sparaxis GOLD, Saint Marys, Georgia

"If you keep on picking on me, I'll mess up again. This time, on PURPOSE."

Or from your perverted thinking.

_Hailey_ said...
_Hailey_, Woodruff, Florida
I also agree that you should say no. I love this poem! It is so true!

on Mar. 25 2015 at 11:08 am
that's hot

georgeM said...
on Jan. 8 2013 at 8:09 am
Sex is goood for your health and also for teens. There is nothing wrong with teens having sex. I would say it is detrimental to teens not to have sex.   If they have sex it doesn't mean they do not love each other.

KeyKeyHere said...
on Nov. 1 2012 at 7:56 am
You Dont have to have sex to be in love with someone. love is when you happy to see them and they make you smile and feel good inside and if they are beautiful inside and out.you surppose to have sex when you married asnyway. love is not when you cant wait to see them so you can have great sex. Like i said true love is not all about sex period.

what i don't understand is why sex is so bad if it is done in your teen years even thought it is something so natural. as if teens can't enjoy being intimate, and why is sex only for a serious relationship? just seems so short-sighted to me. not saying you should jumb in bed with every guy or girl you meet but to wait until you are married or in a serious relationship seems so 1950s to me. guys are visual creatures, we can't help it. a guy needs to have sex with a girl to truely know if he is in love with her. to know if his feelings for her are only about her looks or more then that. when i talk to my friends about sex they agree they love having sex for the first month. but after that they start to realize they want more then just sex.

Nikolia said...
on Dec. 7 2011 at 8:21 am
dahh i agree with your agreeing

Akane-Ree BRONZE, New City, New York

\"She\'s got it out for me BUT I WEAR THE BIGGEST SMILE"

Um. Hi! Presumably your congers is the one in rockland.. I'm in new city, do you go to north?? :) If so we should talk some time XD.

Overall, it was a good article, but there were some grammar errors, no? Mostly, as far as I can tell with "there""they're" stuff.

Ashley987 said...
on Oct. 24 2011 at 7:30 am
yes, sex can cause pregnany but it don't always. Just because we are teenagers don't mean we can't be in love. I'm 17 and i have been dating the same guy for 2 years. He lives with me. Yes we have sex but thats not why we are together. so there for teenagers can be in love. 

Natyyy.* (: said...
on Sep. 16 2011 at 11:00 am
Thisz Isz So Trueeee.

Deanna Tocco GOLD, Congers, New York
Thanks. Hope you find that perfect guy !

Deanna Tocco GOLD, Congers, New York
You make no sense . You're saying that in order for someone to love you you have to provide them with sex wich isntt true

andromeda13 SILVER, Barrie, Other
i don't yes some of what u said is true but that doesn't meen we don't knw how too be in a serious relationship, and feel love. i plan on waiting tell i'm ready, and it it doesn't matter too me wether i'm married at that piont or not.

andromeda13 SILVER, Barrie, Other
i agree with some of what you wrote. Yes what you said about partying and not meening it when guys say they love are true some of the time but not all. we are not too young too feel love. yes we are stupid alot but that doesn't meen we don't knw how too be in a serious relationship. i plan on waiting tell i am ready, i don't care if i'm married by that piont or not, it doesn't matter to me. 

Aprodite25 BRONZE, Hartford, Connecticut
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Never think of yourself as small because every smart part has a big whole...

I read this and i think of all those girls who said it wont happen to them that they wont be the one out of five to get pregnant. Well there has to be one for their to be four girls that dont get pregnant. And, it only takes one time.

on May. 26 2011 at 11:25 am
ashley1012 BRONZE, Glasgow, Kentucky

Come askin for it and you will get

i so agree with this article i mean i have  been perssured so many times

on May. 2 2011 at 5:31 am
ClaraRose SILVER, Glasgow, Other

"It's not what we are born, but what we grow to be."

"you think that because I am Poor, Obscure, Plain and little, that I am Soulless and Heartless. I have just as much soul as you and full as much heart"

I don't know, Just when it fells right

on May. 1 2011 at 9:26 am
TheShadowsHaveEyes SILVER, Lansing, Michigan

How much dirt I gotta throw in the ocean to make a new island

and how do you know that they are indeed 'the one' ?

ClaraRose SILVER, Glasgow, Other

I think its a good article but things are changing, i agree that you should wait fot that special person but not until you marry them thats pointless, just wait until you know they are the one

septemberstarz BRONZE, Austin, Texas

"All you need is love"

Yep, I baisically agree with this. it's like the square rectangle thing. You should be in love to have sex, but you don't have to have sex to be in love.

and like DestinyH said, I don't think it's right or wrong, just dumb. :)