Life is a Game | Teen Ink

Life is a Game

By marie880 GOLD, New York City, New York
marie880 GOLD, New York City, New York

you cant hide from love forever

Is life just tough? I don’t think so, I think of life more as a book. Life as we know it has so many chapters to it. Like when we read a good book and we can’t put it down and we are in the middle of an unbelievable chapter where we can’t believe what’s going on, well I believe life is exactly like that. Sometimes life takes a turn whether for good or bad that we just stand there most of the times with a stupid look on our faces, just trying comprehend what just happened before our very eyes. Life is always compared to a book don’t ya think? Like that famous expression we all love to hate whether it’s with people we just met or a new boyfriend, it still annoyingly applies “Don’t judge a book by its cover”. Well I hate to admit it because I hate this expression more than anyone but in a weird out of date way it’s true. When we look at person we don’t know what their chapters have, we don’t know how interesting their book can be, or how much drama their book contains. A lot of people say life is unbearable, I don’t really agree with that, I don’t think life is unbearable I think the obstacles that come in our way or unbearable. Sometimes things pop up in life when we don’t want them to. But it doesn’t matter if we want them to or not, they are going to pop up. For example if your life is going so well there is bound to be a speed bump. Or if your life is not going according to plan and you think you can’t handle another unfortunate event or occurrence, something either really annoying or terrible pops up. Now it doesn’t matter how old you are there are always going to be those problems. The only thing age affects about life is when you get older you learn how to “roll with the punches” better than before, like right now for example I’m only a teenager, adults think “oh they are only teenagers what real problems do they have, try paying a bill once in a while, or going to work every day, then talk to me about problems.” You want to know what my response toward comments like that are, if you think like that they you forgot what being a teenager is like, and the time that we are growing up is way different from another time. There are more temptations to do wrong than ever before. And you know what sheltering us is not helping us. You have to let go of us, we are not your cute little five year olds anymore, we are young adults, these times are for us to experience and begin to rely on ourselves, so why are you holding us back? Because you want to protect us? Well newsflash we are not five anymore you can’t protect us from the boogeyman anymore; we all have different versions of our monsters now it’s our time to fight them. You gave us the tools to fight; now all that’s left is to let us go, and fight our own battles. Because in the game of life there are no second chances and redoes. We learn to do everything ourselves. The chapters in our books are written by us. There is nothing anyone else can write for us. Like I said life is like a game and it is up to us to come out victorious by the end.

im not great at expressin how i feel. writing helps me express what i live with everyday

zoeyy SILVER said...
on Mar. 2 2010 at 1:49 pm
zoeyy SILVER, Indianola, Iowa

free at last free at last thank God almighty free at last

hey i like it to!

on Feb. 28 2010 at 7:17 pm
XariaRose BRONZE, Bronx, New York

Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.

I like this one :)