My Thoughts on Teenage Sex | Teen Ink

My Thoughts on Teenage Sex

February 16, 2010
By sassymeforever333 SILVER, Fort Myers, Florida
sassymeforever333 SILVER, Fort Myers, Florida
9 articles 2 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast. Is not proud or rude. It is not self seeking or easily angered. Love keeps no record of wrongs. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.


Today, you hear a lot about teenagers having sex and many teen girls getting pregnant. Everyone says "use protection...have safe sex." It seems that everyones biggest concern is using protection..condoms, and birth control, etc. But, my question is....why even have sex in the first place? At such a young age, many are still immature and don't make the best decisions. We're telling them it's ok to have sex at 15...as long as it's protected. But I don't think we should just be worried about teenagers getting pregnant. As a christian, I don't believe in having sex before married. I feel like it'd be so worth it to wait and give it all to the one you fall in love with and marry. I dont think it should be just a careless act that makes you feel good for an hour or two. It should be a special, meaningful thing between two people who know they want to be with each other the rest of their lives. I'm not saying everyone should wait until their married, although that's the decision I've made. I'm saying that I think teenagers are too young to have sex. No matter how mature they are. I believe that it'd be a better choice to wait until you're old enough and actually ready. ~Just a thought~


The author's comments:
This is my opinion on sex at a young age. I'd like to know how other teens feel about this too.