The Last Time | Teen Ink

The Last Time

By H.P.L.F. BRONZE, Davidsville, Pennsylvania
H.P.L.F. BRONZE, Davidsville, Pennsylvania

This is the last time. I know I’ve said this a million times before, but this is it. I can’t do it anything without it being an epic lie of strength that I told everyone I have. I don’t want to talk, it hurts to talk. I don’t want to wake up in the morning and realize things aren’t the way they were yesterday. My eyes are going to swell shut from the constant flowing of tears coming out of my eyes like water out of a faucet. The sobbing is putting a strain on my throat, like a cat scratching a bedpost. My pink pillow is stained permanently from the black residue of my mascara and eyeliner that now make a black puddle on top of my pink pillow. No one understands, they have their guys and girls, and I’m left in the shadow watching and waiting for the next lie to come, the next blow to hit me, and maybe realize it isn’t worth it anymore. So I’ll put on the fake smile and the fake attitude, pretend like my heart hasn’t exploded into the millions of pieces its now in. Just make everyone believe everything’s perfect, while everything’s falling apart.

This piece was written for any girl that has gotten hurt by any guy a numerous amount of time

on May. 26 2011 at 2:58 am
savannah tranby, Hawarden, Iowa
i can tottaly relate to this right down to the pink pillow and mascara. im always telling lies and being told lies and im always faking everything. my life is like a movie and im the actress playing the role.

Tara_4 said...
on Mar. 21 2011 at 12:57 am
Tara_4, Heber City, Utah
i haven't related to any other story than this one. i know how you feel. it feels as if there is nothing good left in the world and that nothing will ever be right ever again. thank you so much for sharing. i know that i probably don't have any right to tell you what you should do because i probably don't know any better that you do. but what i would do is i would tell someone. when i was hurt and heartbroken i didn't tell anyone but then it all boiled up inside of me and would boil over on the people that i really loved. so i decided that i needed to get it out of my system but i didn't think i could get through talking about it without crying, and if you had ever met me, you would know that i'm not a cryer. especially in from of people. but what i decided to do was write in a journal. write everything that i was feeling and thinking. write everything that was on my mind. i found that i wasn't exploding anymore on the people i loved. and i also started giving myself advice in my journal. later on i let my best friend read it. it was a hard decision but i finally agreed and now, thanks to her, i'm not so sad anymore. sure i'm still hurt but i can forget about it because now she knows what i was and am going through. it was also good because my best friend unded up having the same thing happen to her barely a moth after it happened to me. by reading my journal it helped her understand and realize that everything was going to be ok and she would eventually not think about it every second of every day. so my journal helped not only my but my best friend too. if your too hurt to talk about it, i suggest writing and letting a friend read it. it worked for me it might help you. good luck! :)

msoccerm345 SILVER, Grimes, Iowa

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

this is a great piece of writing. not only does it grab your attention but i think any girl can really relate to it. i know i can.

on Jul. 22 2010 at 11:59 am
Hannahgee6 BRONZE, Greensburg, Kentucky

therefore do not worry about tomorrow. for tomorrow will worry about itself. each day has enough trouble of its own.
-jesus

oh wow. that is exactly it.....i gave him 7 chances. and every time i was the one crying. i'm done with him. and every other boy too...

CaseyLeigh PLATINUM, Moraga, California

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to.

I enjoyed this piece--it was so real.