Virgin Lips | Teen Ink

Virgin Lips

By grasslova GOLD, Highland, Utah
grasslova GOLD, Highland, Utah

When you learn to die, you learn to live - Morrie

V.L. Stands for Virgin Lips. It’s a term that should be far more widespread and is the status your lips should hold for more than the first ten years of your life. People don’t seem to realize that once you give your first kiss away, there's no going back. Once you give it, it's gone for life. No over-sized eraser can fade the marks of crimson lipstick. This applies not just to the virginity of your lips, but of your body... When you start young, you end young. No refunds. No exchanges. Final sale; take it or leave it. Once it's gone, it's gone. Forever. When learning this lesson in life, you get no second chances, just one shot. Take it or leave it? I choose to leave it. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm waiting until marriage, waiting for Love. True Love. Not the deception of Lust, Love's shadow; she who wanders dingy streets, ambling with outstretched hands, ever-searching for something clean and pure to defile with her filthy hands... Sugar has a substitute: Splenda; glasses have a substitute: contacts; Guitar Hero has a substitute: Rock Band! But when it comes to Love, there is no substitute. So save your lovin’ for the one you really love, the one who you’ll spend the rest of your life with. And hey, no worries!—you’ll have ample time to practice kissing when you have the rest of your life to do so.

I'm not possessed, but rather obsessed. ;D No, I'm really neither of the two. I just don't believe in sex outside of marriage. Although that may sound crazy to you, and as abstract as that may sound, I believe in it wholeheartedly, and wish to share this message with the world. Most people don't believe in virginity or chastity of the mind or body anymore, and I just wanted to stand up and say that I do. I believe it like a religion!I dearly hope I didn't offend or anger anyone with my opinion. Take what you like from my words.
peace out!

on Nov. 17 2017 at 9:09 pm
eldestcdjf BRONZE, Cedar Creek, Texas

"Run until tackled." --My father

You're not the boss of anybody, and, honestly, your first kiss isn't even a big deal. So someone who probably has stank breath and sweaty palms kisses you, so what? What really matters are the moments where you look at the person you love and think, "Wow, I could spend forever right here." A "first kiss" is just as mundane as the first time you try tapioca pudding.

on Mar. 4 2016 at 3:12 am
Aspire_2.0 SILVER, Tirana, Other
This article varies between the different audience that reads it and how they interpret the article. A first kiss is nothing, its a simple non dramatic thing. If you look at some of the religious audience, they might view a kiss as a big deal with disgraceful factors involved.

on Nov. 15 2015 at 11:26 pm
Lucy-Agnes PLATINUM, Clarksville, Ohio

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Justice Antonin Scalia

Oh my gosh I was literally planning an article like this! Hooray for you for writing it! This is wonderful, brave, and so so true. I wish virginity was upheld in our society; we have to work to make it so with pieces like this. Great job!

on Jun. 21 2014 at 11:39 am
AwaitingEscape, Willard, Ohio

"I am defeated and know it only when I meet a human being from which I am unable to learn anything"

why would it be empty?

on Jun. 21 2014 at 11:33 am
AwaitingEscape, Willard, Ohio

She wasn't shaming them. It was an  opinion essay. They should be ashamed if they gave it up, but if they were forced, it's different. There is no price on virginity.

on May. 26 2014 at 7:03 pm
JesusandHisLawyers SILVER, Austin, Texas

"who the fuck has a favorite personal quote what does that even mean" - me, just now.

You don't have to kiss or have sex if you don't want to, but it is NOT okay to shame other people if they choose to. Don't be that person, nobody likes a slut-shamer. 

angle99 said...
on Aug. 4 2013 at 11:49 pm
angle99, Meridian, Idaho
i'm glad someone has the guts to talk about somthing likes it is a touchy subject to some people, and i agree with you. :D

on Mar. 5 2013 at 4:10 am
JacquelineM.Grange BRONZE, Yucaipa, California
I completely believe in sex only in marriage.

BetaD said...
on Oct. 24 2012 at 8:44 am
BetaD, Reykjavík, California

suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion

The article was good on some point. The  person that wrote this article is clearly a person that doesn´t  believe  in sex before marriage and if u kiss someone your first kiss maybe it may never be your first it would be taken from u  and she is describing  the sad part of it and my idea of  this is that some of us that have kissed and thing could feel  really  bad cause they don´t feel like that and it may seem that is they are some kind of  whores  if we are brutal on the language.  Having sex before marriage is fine as longs as u approve of it and you know who you   are with and that is all that matters  really . I really think that she means   it in   a good way   and good for her that she is saving her virginity for the   love of her life someday 

beccac. BRONZE said...
on Oct. 17 2012 at 7:01 pm
beccac. BRONZE, Abington, Massachusetts
I seriously thought i was the only one that had some common sense like you. Thank God you wrote this. i have been wanting to say this for so long! i feel the same way. You need to wait until you really love someone.

Lyrics27 said...
on Sep. 25 2012 at 11:23 am
Lyrics27, Yoloville, California

"how can anyone else love you, if you can't love yourself?"

wow, I'm only 14 and I haven't had my first kiss and I thought that it was really embarassing because all my friends have. EXTREMELY GLAD that I came across this!

Sir_Bromsten said...
on Sep. 3 2012 at 3:23 pm
Sir_Bromsten, Scottsdale, Arizona

So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.
-Helen Keller

Hello there! This was a joy for me to read! You wrote this on a level of deep feeling for this subject.  I fully support everything you have said concerning virginity of the lips and body!  But yet, you were spotty on one important point.  That it's just as important for us guys to strive for virginity too.  I hope to write on the subject soon and post it.  Once again, thank you for posting this thesis of yours.  I hope that you write more soon!   With all thanks! Sir_Bromsten

deanna98 said...
on Aug. 24 2012 at 10:33 am
Way to go! Kudos to you! I have yet to taste my first kiss and even my mother thinks I should kiss before I'm married. But no, I want to wear white on my wedding day with a clear conscience...and I admire you for sharing the same opinion.

lovemyAbba said...
on Aug. 21 2012 at 11:10 am
I absolutely believe this... It is something so powerful, so emotionally connecting... It causes life changing decisions..... nothing could be more special than to save your gift... for the one who you love, WITHOUT, the physical side of things... My first kiss... I want on my wedding day... and I think that's a pretty good goal

on Jun. 7 2012 at 9:06 pm
ironsidegirl GOLD, SEATTLE, Washington

\\\And then, something happened. I let go. Lost in oblivion. Dark and silent and complete. I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom.\\\ Chuck Palahniuk

16 and never held hands with a boy? Don't you think thats a little...I dont know, empty?

on May. 30 2012 at 12:07 pm
chica_leah BRONZE, Springfield, Vermont
Love isn't about kissing. Love is about the special relationship you have with a specific person. You want to spend time with that person and be with that person, but Love isn't physical. You don't need to kiss someone to know if you love them or if they love you. I'm not saying that kissing isn't an expression of love or that it's bad, but that it isn't something that should be taken lightly.

on May. 16 2012 at 3:47 pm
gossamergirl GOLD, Nowhere, New Hampshire

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." ~ Moulin Rouge

i believe in this as you do. it is very important to me, i think that nowadays it is harder to stay a virgin and i hope many people will rise to the challenge

on May. 16 2012 at 2:33 pm
bass_rockrgrl13 PLATINUM, Burlington, Massachusetts
That was beautiful... :O

on Apr. 24 2012 at 1:17 am
i_am_so_very_large_and_towering SILVER, Mililani, Hawaii

"Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?"

great article; you make a great point that i think many people don't realize!

on Apr. 24 2012 at 1:17 am