Love: is it a feeling? | Teen Ink

Love: is it a feeling?

What is love? If you say a feeling, you're wrong. That's probably the reason so many marriages and relationships go wrong- because people don't know what love is! Some petty feeling is not enough to base a relationship on! Love is something stronger. It's not an obsession. It's to care about someone. To put someone before yourself. To protect them. To trust them. You love them not for how they look. Not for their personality. You love them just the way they are- on the inside. It means you'll love them even if they're a jerk to you later on, even if they hurt you, you'll still care about them. You'll still want the best for them. You'll still put them before yourself. Most teenagers- even most adults don't understand love because they have a misconception of what love is. Some have felt love but didn't know what it was.

on May. 21 2011 at 12:14 pm
ChelseyChelsey SILVER, Morristown, New Jersey

Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live.
-Charles Bukowski

They've promised us that dreams can come true but forget to mention nightmares are dreams too - Oscar Wilde

agreed! :) lol you're funny

on Mar. 25 2011 at 11:00 am
BlackKittie SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
love is when you can accidentally burp while kissing your partner and then laugh about it.haha

on Sep. 27 2010 at 10:01 pm
americasnextfreak, Mills, Iowa
Yes! I agree this is exactly how i feel! Thanks for posting this its great,great,great!

on Dec. 7 2009 at 10:41 pm
SerenityMine BRONZE, Not Saying, California
Thank you. I wanted to write this because I see all around me people that think love is just a feeling, and it leads to so much pain later. People often don't know the meaning of love and I wanted to help them see that love is something deeper.

on Dec. 7 2009 at 8:20 pm
Incendiary SILVER, NY, New York
This is the most realist, ACCURATE take on the concept I have ever read in a long time, coming from I assume, a teenager. This deserves to be read by everyone, because I am convinced that it is the truth. The problem nowadays is that most teenagers misinterpret love to the point where it becomes something thrown around mindlessly.