A l m o s t | Teen Ink

A l m o s t

By Vakiya Glaspie BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Vakiya Glaspie BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

"The truth is everyone in this would is going to hurt you you just got to find the people worth suffering for."
-bob marley

Almost is one of the saddest words I've ever heard in my entire life.

You almost got the courage to quit the job that makes you feel three feet tall and as if your drowning under water. You almost traveled to see that place that everyone on your feeds been talking about. You almost cut that toxic person out of your life thats been feeding off your ambitions and will to live.

Almost, it means very near but not quite.

How many times have you almost been close to following your dreams or concurring your nightmares before almost held you captive and doubts took away your voice. 

I'll be the first to admit I'm a victim of the soul sucking vulture and dream killer that is almost but I allow myself to be. 

You can only achieve as much as you allow yourself to. You can blame it on timing, a lack of talent, or our disfunctional society and though it may be somewhat true, there really and truthfully isn't much in this world you can't do. People don’t realize their worst enemy, is often theirselves because we will always be our harshest critic.