Action Piece: Climate Change | Teen Ink

Action Piece: Climate Change

By Fluffy2003 BRONZE, Duluth, Georgia
Fluffy2003 BRONZE, Duluth, Georgia

Whether you agree or not, it is human behavior that changes the climate, there is the fact that no one can deny: the average temperature of the Earth's surface is increasing. Some areas tend to be cold, but in general, the average temperature of the Earth has increased by 0.74 degrees C since the 1800s according to NASA. Meteorologists believe that temperatures will continue to rise and drag after that are incalculable consequences. According to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, climate change is defined as a change of climate which is attributed directly or indirectly to human activity alters the composition of the atmosphere and which is in addition to natural climate variability observed over comparable time periods. But what did we do that climate change has become so bad? And how are we going to take action for these problems?

Glaciers are melting, sea levels are rising, cloud forests are dying and wild animals are scrambling to keep up. It is clear that mankind has caused most of the warming of the last century by releasing thermal traps when we supply energy to our modern life, their levels are now higher than any time in the last 800,000 years according to National Geographic. The main answer to this question is that a large number of greenhouse gases, its emissions are the leading cause of climate change. Climate change includes not only average temperature rise but also extreme weather events, population changes, and wildlife habitats, rising seas and a host of other impacts. All these changes are emerging as people continue to add greenhouse gases that trap heat into the atmosphere, changing the rhythm of the climate that all living organisms must rely on. Although throughout history, the temperature of the Earth has been fluctuating from cold to warm up the excess gas due to burning fossil fuels, which has caused the sun's light to remain, thus warming the earth. Naming for the greenhouse effect, gases such as carbon dioxide or methane have increased the earth's temperature according to NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the hottest years recorded after 1880 is 2016.

The greenhouse effect causes the temperature of the interior space of the plant to grow with the glass rising as the Sun shines. Thanks to this warmth, plants can germinate, flower and fruition earlier. Today this concept is more widely understood, derived from this concept to describe the phenomenon of heat obstruction in the Sun's atmosphere illuminated as a greenhouse effect. For the environment, the greenhouse effect is the term used to describe the phenomenon of thermal obstruction in the Earth's atmosphere because the heat of sunlight cannot be reflected outside. These gases (CO2) give light but keep the heat from escaping, like the glass walls of greenhouses. Increasing the concentration of man-made greenhouse gases, the human greenhouse effect will increase global temperatures (global warming) and will therefore change the climate in the next decade and decade. Some consequences related to climate change due to this impact such as water, coastal resources, organisms, health, etc.

The measures to reduce greenhouse effect that may be helpful to decrease the amount of Co2 gases and making the environment better is planting many trees as possible (especially those that absorb a lot of CO2 during photosynthesis) to reduce CO2 in the atmosphere, thereby reducing the greenhouse effect of the atmosphere. We also need to protect forest resources because currently, deforestation is increasing not only in our country but also in the world. Therefore, the prevention of deforestation will help protect natural resources. In addition, we need to raise awareness, plant trees. Do not release waste to the environment to protect this precious natural resource. Save electricity, part of the electricity is produced by burning fossil fuels, generating a large amount of CO2. Use natural light, use energy-saving light bulbs, turn off all electrical appliances when leaving the room. When you need to move close distances, walk instead of using a motorbike. Use public transport, the study by bicycle, and protect money while protecting the environment! Also, think green when making purchases, and the easiest way to cut back on greenhouse gas emissions is simply to buy less stuff according to Scientific American.

Well as you can see, a single change can make a big problem become small if you would be a part of one of these actions. Because for every single action can make a big difference. Reversing climate change is one of the biggest challenges faced by humankind. It is necessary to study and change in many ways, technology, economy, even politics to reverse the phenomenon that may affect our existence.