My Neighborhood | Teen Ink

My Neighborhood

September 20, 2018
By htalia90 BRONZE, Auburn, New York
htalia90 BRONZE, Auburn, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

A neighborhood, a neighborhood is a district, it forms a community within a town or city,filled with people that come from all kinds of backgrounds. So many different cultures, religions, and values all stored on one street. Weather you are born and raised in one neighborhood or moved into many, they all become apart of you as you grow older.

As you start down my neighborhood, standing on the top of the hilled street you stare to what is mistaken for a endless street. Continue down while looking to your right there is a forest, filled with aged trees that have green crisp leaves blocking the sun from shining it’s bright rays throughout the forest. Trees are skyscrapers in the glades, so gigantic that they almost engulf the crystal blue sky. Continuing down the right side of the street you come to my house with steps that lead to a white structure with lime green trim. Flowers, fully bloomed hang from the porch filled with colors of purple, pink, and white. The pleasant smell of freshly baked peanut butter cookies linger in the air so appetizing it causes my mouth to water. Looking out into my neighborhood from my porch you see houses bordering each other side by side, children out running around and the sound of cars zooming by as they pass through the neighborhood fills your ears. Continuing down the street there is a community center where children are welcome for either an after school program or summer program. Basketball games are also held there during the summertime. The building is rough and spiky at touch with oversized blue words printed on its surface. There is an open field filled with green, a garden surrounded by a tall silver fence with plants sprouting from the dirt inside. The basketball court has a light blue base with solid white lines used to determine points on the court. Across the street is a development with off white colored buildings, placed aimlessly away from each other. The development is separated by brown, steep, wooden steps that lead to the rest of the complex. Surrounded by overgrown plants and trees the development seems to be engulfed by woods. A creek flows down one side of the buildings. Filled with shallow dark green water, so low fish are unable to live in such a place. Rocks run along the side of the creek making it easy for the community to get a closer view. Walking down the street you occasionally will see a gathering. Weather they are celebrating something or are just hanging out. Friendly faces fill my neighborhood with enjoyable company and many welcomes. My neighborhood is apart of me, it teaches me life values and memorizes that are unforgettable  have been made here as i continue to grow up surrounded by all the familiar faces.

Neighborhoods are very important in everyone’s life, good or bad they all teach valuable life lessons. A neighborhood is what you and the others living in it make it, it’s a family. I have shared with you all the aspects of my neighborhood.


The author's comments:

This piece describes my neighborhood from my point of view.