Chris Brown | Teen Ink

Chris Brown

By Pudd1016 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Pudd1016 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

'Love is a perfect bond of Union."

Ok. Admit it. You love Chris Brown. I mean, who doesn't? The awesome smile, the sick moves, the baby face, the smooth voice. What guy doesn't want to be him?
However, the things I've heard about him have led me to believe that he isn't as cool and good as we all thought he was. And, yes, I am mainly talking about when he basically almost beat Rihanna down to a pulp months ago.

Chris raised eye brows everywhere when he did this. It even put his career in jeopardy when people realized how bad he beat that poor woman. He lost lots of fans, but gained a new name: "Woman Beater."

I don't know about you, but some people have really stopped supporting him by not listening to his music. Some radio stations have banned his songs. Others won't download his music or even bother with him anymore. And why? Because that night he showed people his true colors.

Yeah, he had to go to court. And yes he has to do community service. And yes he may have apologized. But behind closed doors you don't know what's happening. And seriously does any of that really change anything?

Personally, I'll admit it. I still listen to his music. I like his music. I think he brings something different to the music industry that no one else can. But that doesn't change the fact that what he did was wrong. My thing is: Does his music really have anything to do with what he did? I mean, put all his music and his albums and his records aside and look at the real picture. He abused a woman. That has nothing to do with his singing or dancing or anything.

I'm not saying what he did was ok either. Me being a Girl and all, I think it was stupid of him and totally wrong. To me, it shows how weak and puny he is. For him to beat on a girl like that shows that he really has no heart or strength in him what so ever.

So, I want to hear from you guys. Do you still listen to his music and support Chris Brown, even if he did do what he did? Do you think it matters? Do you care?

Discuss and Rate Please :)

wicked-souls BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
-Oscar Wilde

This article was posted a while ago, but regardless, I understand completely where you are coming from. What he did was wrong, however, in the three years that pasted, his matured as a person and learned from his past decisions. Personally, I never stopped listening to his music because I was able to seperate music from his as a person. As I saw him progress as a person I was able to fully forgive him. Every human does something that may not be the best choice, but the way I see it, the only thing left to do after it is done- is learn from it so you never put yourself in a situation like that ever again, which is exactly what he did.

on Apr. 5 2011 at 11:52 am
kalijahhooks BRONZE, Kansas City, Missouri

If you can change your mind you can change your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i understand where all of u r coming from but one lil mistake get real EVERYONE makes mistakes no matter what it is every body lives is not perfect. and im still going to be one of his biggest fans no matter wat he does because im a real fan not a FAKE one that sops being one because of one mistake. LOOK N THE MIRRIOR  U MKE THEM ALL THE TIME NO MATTER WAT IT IS

on Apr. 5 2011 at 11:47 am

i agree 100% with u

KKKKK said...
HES NOTT ALWAYS A WOMAN BEATER

sarap611 BRONZE, Winslow, Maine
I think his personal life involving Rhianna has everything to do with his music. For one, it inspires music. Secondly, his personal life is a part of who he is, and so is music. So if people don't like what he has done, than they shouldn't have to bother with his music either. Supporting his music is supporting him,well  to me.

Chloe-e-e-e said...
on May. 14 2010 at 9:48 am
I've never liked Chris Brown, but my best friend did and she has stopped supporting him entirely. I think it's different supporting music instead of like a tv show or movie, because with music they are the only ones that get credit and each time we buy a new album or download a song it shows that people will still listen to him and that his behavior doesn't matter. I think that's wrong.