The Blame Game | Teen Ink

The Blame Game

By Clover.lace GOLD, Brandon, Mississippi
Clover.lace GOLD, Brandon, Mississippi

My future seems like one big past.- Paul McCartney

Teens these days are resorting to drugs, sex, and alcohol, but its only to numb the pain of what is actually going on in their lives. Parents are the X-factor in many of these equasions. Parents will smoke when they said they've stopped, drink when they said they would no more, and watch p**n to fill the empty void in their lives, but then when you child does something wrong, you wonder why it is they are doing this. If you say your going to the store, then come back smelling like smoke, with alcohol on your breath, then why are you so shocked to find your children doing the same thing? If a father hasn't enough time to pay attention to his daughter, because he is wondering what to do to make his life better, then why is he so heartbroken when he finds out she has resorted to sex? If a mother abuses alcohol, to hide her lonliness, then why do you wonder what happend when your son comes home from a friend's house drunk. You wonder why we are, the way we are, and you still can't figure out why? Parents who only look out for number one, themselves, and wonders why their own child wont stay at home for a day. Who are you to tell us what to do? You can blame society, and public schools, and all the people we are exposed to, but whenever it comes down to it, you're the ones who are truly to blame.

A lifetime of pain.

Tomboy GOLD said...
on May. 21 2010 at 10:32 am
Tomboy GOLD, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

"The human heart had hidden treasures; in secret kept; in silence sealed; the thoughts; the hopes; the dreams; the pleasures; whose charms were broken if revealed" - Charlotte Bronte

i agree.  i think parents are to desparate and sad though.  at least they try to prevent their child from knowing by covering up but i think that just adds to the pressure because then they just feel lost and alone