Why so Cool? | Teen Ink

Why so Cool?

Why so cool? Is drinking alcohol really that cool? Drinking alcohol underage is not only illegal but its dangerous. One beer at this age can cause many problems. Drinking can lead to jail time, trouble with parents, damage to the brain and other parts of your body, and even death. So I ask, why so cool? Only you can answer that,

on Jun. 15 2012 at 7:33 am
If your drinking because its "cool" your an idiot, if your drinking because you like the taste of it, and the wonderful effects it brings in moderation go for it, just keep in mind the key word MODERATION, don't try and put down a 26 in one go or you'll end up in the hospital. start off slow.  haha if you go overboard its your fault and nobody elses

on May. 2 2012 at 7:14 am
CyberLydii GOLD, Dearborn Heights, Michigan
One beer isn't going to make your liver shrivel up and die, just saying.

on Mar. 10 2012 at 10:02 pm
Some specialists argue that personal loans help a lot of people to live their own way, just because they are able to feel free to buy necessary stuff. Moreover, different banks present short term loan for young and old people.

on Sep. 13 2011 at 12:39 am
SuNsHiNe07 BRONZE, Scipio, Indiana

\"Don\'t take life so seriously, noone gets out alive anyways\"

exactly..i agree with u

on Sep. 13 2011 at 12:37 am
SuNsHiNe07 BRONZE, Scipio, Indiana

Kids use it as a way to fit in or look cool the first time, but after you keep doing it.. an addiction accurs..not just with drinking..but drugs and alcohol too..the best thing to do is never start

cesar789 said...
on Jun. 7 2011 at 10:41 am
same here, the first time i got drunk i lost i dont know how, my jeans and both of my shoes while i was drunk, it wasnt that cool

on May. 16 2011 at 6:21 pm
emilyjoe DIAMOND, Algonquin, Illinois

"What if the person in the puddle is real, and you're just a reflection?" -Calvin & Hobbes

personally, i think it's a stage. i understand why you wouldn't want to, and that's completely respectable. but i drink. and smoke. and do drugs. all the flippin time. and am i a bad person? nope. i'm a clean cut little girl who sometimes just breaks loose and decides to breath in life all at once in one unforgettable (well often not remembered) night. just understand that it isn't hard to fall into. and it doesn't mean you're gonna end up being a terrible person or being a hobo drug dealer. i have big dreams. but i also accept the fact that i'm young, i make mistakes, and i can stop whenever i want. as long as you can repeat that to yourself and be completely sure that it isn't the you forever, then it doesn't matter. it'll just be another story to tell. "Oh yeah remember when we were in High School and we always got waaaaasted! Hahaha!" that's how i think of it. a funny story 20 years in the future, and a good flippin time.

on Mar. 8 2011 at 8:18 pm
teacat749 BRONZE, Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin

We do not quit playing because we grow old. We grow old because we quit playing.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

really gross story: once  I sipped a teeny weeny sip of beer and maybe it was rancid or something but it tasted like SLUGS AND DOG POO! (I've eaten slugs before, but not dog poo, and this tasted like SLUGS and what I imagine dog poo would taste like!)

mlm1992 GOLD said...
on Sep. 14 2010 at 3:16 pm
mlm1992 GOLD, Brownwood, Texas

Do let anything bring you down, all you have to do is forget about it and move on with life

wow i bet tht sucks for you how do u feel

on Sep. 14 2010 at 10:49 am
KellerFalls BRONZE, Stocjbridge, Georgia

Life is a runway..so work it!! - Kellie Gordon

its not kool. i got drunk one time and sprane both of my ankles and couldnt walk for a month. that was 9 years ago and Ill nver touch alcohol again...lol i had to learn the hard way apparently.

Maria P said...
on Apr. 20 2010 at 4:34 pm
   It aint cool to be drinking at this age i agree with what it says drinking could cause you lots of problems that includes death, if any of you guys consume this thing think about the problems that you can get into

on Mar. 27 2010 at 3:27 pm
nitegirl BRONZE, Myrtle, Missouri

Beacause 10 billion years time is so fragile, so emepheral... it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking foundness

- its from a show i used to watch that i can't remeber the name of

wow, i get the growing up around something thing, but i grew up round smoking and drugs, and it only made me want to stay away from them.

uranus said...
on Jan. 22 2010 at 5:47 pm
It's not really cool it's just that when growing up in a village with alot of alcoholics around, its hard to stay away from that, we used to try it and it kinda made me feel good so i kept trying it it got addicted and i can't help it.

on Nov. 15 2009 at 7:39 pm
morgan_mabus SILVER, Anderson Island, Washington

Life is too short. Grudges are a waste of perfect happiness. Laugh when you can. Apologize when you should. And let go of what you can't change. Love deeply and forgive quickly. Take chances, give everything and have no regrets. Life is too short to be unhappy. You have to take the good with the bad. Smile when you are sad. Love what you have, always. Remember what you had, always forgive and learn from stupid mistakes. People change and things go wrong. But always remember; life goes on!!!!!

Its not that we think this is cool its that its an addiction