Why is it Cool?? | Teen Ink

Why is it Cool??

October 2, 2009
By kookyK96 BRONZE, Princeton, Illinois
kookyK96 BRONZE, Princeton, Illinois
4 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You can't win a dumb off."


Tell me one good reason why people think its cool. Why people think they have to be high to be cool? Really all they are doing is killing their future. It just makes me so mad that people think they have to be doing everything everyone els does. So if your so called friends want to try something and you try it to your basicaly be the most stupid person on earth. I'm not kiding. What makes it so cool killing your brain cells, or the memory loss the next day? Just think how your parents would react if they found out. Then theirs the Alcohol. Do you relise what that stuff dose to you. Teens there's a reason they put an age on drinking. That's all I ask why is it cool?


The author's comments:
People should pay attention in this

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 29 comments.


on Feb. 20 2015 at 9:49 pm
JesusandHisLawyers SILVER, Austin, Texas
7 articles 0 photos 99 comments

Favorite Quote:
"who the fuck has a favorite personal quote what does that even mean" - me, just now.

At least in my experience, most people smoke, drink, etc. because they enjoy it, not out of some misplaced intention of seeming "cool". Personally, I've NEVER been peer pressured into doing anything I didn't want to do, and never attempted to do so to anyone else. I think a lot of people have this huge misconception that teenagers or young people are idiots who don't understand what moderation is. Real tired of people spouting off their opinion when they don't know what they're talking about.

alright BRONZE said...
on Oct. 30 2013 at 12:36 pm
alright BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
1 article 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
“If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite.

You had alot of run off sentences and alot of mispelling. Your structure was kind of weak. You should had have a stronger idea structure.

on Feb. 28 2013 at 10:28 am
wicked_writer BRONZE, Oswego, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If your not first, your last." -Ricky Bobby

Thug lyfe chose me

cgibson BRONZE said...
on Feb. 28 2013 at 10:28 am
cgibson BRONZE, Oswego, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 6 comments
Thug life

love&happy:) said...
on Sep. 16 2011 at 11:00 am
i thinking doing drugs or dumm because they are killing they fulture and killing the paople how love them drinking is bad because they could lost they control and kill sameone or do samething bad to others person

Fluffy2772 said...
on Jul. 12 2011 at 1:38 am
Fluffy2772, McDonough, Georgia
0 articles 0 photos 41 comments
No one I know who does drugs does it to be cool. 

rockyraccoon said...
on Jun. 26 2011 at 3:15 am
rockyraccoon, Fort Wayne, Indiana
0 articles 0 photos 54 comments

Favorite Quote:
today tommorow next month next year all look remarkably gray.

some teens do drugs and drink specificly to forget.

Sis94 BRONZE said...
on Feb. 10 2011 at 7:35 pm
Sis94 BRONZE, Dongola, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
it's my life i choose to do what ever i do in it

may i ask why it is good 

 


on Jan. 9 2011 at 11:59 pm
Lespaul4 BRONZE, Port Washington, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson

May I ask 1. Reason why smoking pot is bad. Ill be happy to take any and all people.

on Oct. 4 2010 at 5:26 pm
Opinionated GOLD, Brantford, Other
15 articles 0 photos 48 comments

Favorite Quote:
~Change what you can and accept what you cannot change.~
~If you love someone, let them free. If they come back, it's meant to be.~
~Cease refusing to believe that in what you have created.~

Alright, I understand. And I agree seventh grade is to early, the benefit is simply a nicer enviroment or way of seing things, never the less, we've given our points, agree to dissagree.

Riley141 GOLD said...
on Oct. 4 2010 at 5:07 pm
Riley141 GOLD, Yale, Michigan
13 articles 3 photos 145 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Always do right. This will gratifiy some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

Thats not what I'm impling, my friend could have prevented it. Unfourtenly a car acceident is called a ACCEIDENT for a reason. Sorry for your loss. Also, I was not talking trash. You would not like it if I started talking trash but I was simply pointing out that I think seventh graders shouldn't be using drugs. That is my opinion and I should have said that earlier. Your opinion is different. Never the less I still don't see any benifit. This conversation will go no were because frankly I don't care enough. So I say that we can agree to dissagree.

on Oct. 4 2010 at 4:59 pm
Opinionated GOLD, Brantford, Other
15 articles 0 photos 48 comments

Favorite Quote:
~Change what you can and accept what you cannot change.~
~If you love someone, let them free. If they come back, it's meant to be.~
~Cease refusing to believe that in what you have created.~

Yeah, they do. Hence it being a drug, it does not last forever... Alex, I agree entirely.

on Oct. 4 2010 at 4:55 pm
Opinionated GOLD, Brantford, Other
15 articles 0 photos 48 comments

Favorite Quote:
~Change what you can and accept what you cannot change.~
~If you love someone, let them free. If they come back, it's meant to be.~
~Cease refusing to believe that in what you have created.~

Whoa, i've never though of asking someone why it's cool, I agree, that responce is REALLY stupid...

on Oct. 4 2010 at 4:52 pm
Opinionated GOLD, Brantford, Other
15 articles 0 photos 48 comments

Favorite Quote:
~Change what you can and accept what you cannot change.~
~If you love someone, let them free. If they come back, it's meant to be.~
~Cease refusing to believe that in what you have created.~

And your point is what? I use to know a girl who got killed in a car accident, does that mean we should not drive, bad things happen no matter where you go or what you do. So, you don't like drugs, thats fine, all respect for you but don't talk trash about people who smoke weed because you know nothing about them, why they do it or how often they use it.  P.S: Sorry about your friend, but certain people are more responsible with the drug.

Riley141 GOLD said...
on Oct. 4 2010 at 4:32 pm
Riley141 GOLD, Yale, Michigan
13 articles 3 photos 145 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Always do right. This will gratifiy some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

I might talk like I have so much experiance with it because I do one of my friends was doing a lot of drugs and she's dead. So yeah I think it's pretty bad. As for you, go ahead do drugs and have " fun" But don't pick a fight with me because I know people who have had realy bad expirences with drugs.

Riley141 GOLD said...
on Oct. 3 2010 at 1:08 pm
Riley141 GOLD, Yale, Michigan
13 articles 3 photos 145 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Always do right. This will gratifiy some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

Its wrong because, people do stupid s**t when they are high. And you are pathedic if you do drugs to fit in. If seventh graders smoke as much pot they say they do they can either stop using by the time they are thirty or die a glorious drug dealer. I mean if you even do go to rehab the best rehab center in the world has only a 17% succsess rate.  As of 2005. So if you are willing to give up your future be my guest. No acutly don't be my guest because I sure wont sit there and laugh as you through your sorry exuse for a life away.

on Oct. 2 2010 at 10:09 pm
Opinionated GOLD, Brantford, Other
15 articles 0 photos 48 comments

Favorite Quote:
~Change what you can and accept what you cannot change.~
~If you love someone, let them free. If they come back, it's meant to be.~
~Cease refusing to believe that in what you have created.~

And why is it soooo wrong?

Riley141 GOLD said...
on May. 20 2010 at 12:09 pm
Riley141 GOLD, Yale, Michigan
13 articles 3 photos 145 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Always do right. This will gratifiy some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

In the 7th grade people were doing weed.......its sooooo wrong

on Feb. 13 2010 at 8:19 pm
kookyK96 BRONZE, Princeton, Illinois
4 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You can't win a dumb off."

So your Supporting the use of drugs to teenagers or anybody at that, yes some parts of you brain do turn off and some turn on, but the one's that turn off don't turn back on

on Jan. 8 2010 at 9:00 pm
acousticalex BRONZE, Garland, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 41 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all." Oscar Wilde

Oh, ignorant believers of PSAs and horror stories: if only the other side of the coin could be considered. Marijuana has never been the sole trigger of death or fatal illness. It heightens the senses, including those of creativity and inspiration. When some parts of your brain turn off, others turn on, and the experiences of writing and appreciating art and music are intensified. It's considered "cool" because it's easy to get, straight from our mother Earth and not somebody's kitchen stove, and can lead to deep, insightful, meaningful conversation. Or just pass the time quickly, and food tastes better. Many people do abuse marijuana, sure, but besides burning the little hairs in people's lungs it's truly harmless for those who can handle it and don't allow it to dominate their existence. It's not illegal because it's bad for people. It's illegal because the government could never make money on it (since it has such a strong home market!) and officials needed an excuse to get rid of immigrants from Mexico, who brought the plant over, after their work services were no longer perceived as needed. People should truly study the truthful parts of an issue instead of relying on the impulsive garbage the conservative media shoves down America's throat.