Dear drugs and Alchohol | Teen Ink

Dear drugs and Alchohol

By Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

Everything you have will someday be gone. Even if you don’t miss it now, you probably will later. So take pictures and hide them in your memories so you can recall them later after everything that is becomes everything that was. OR I know you’re hurting, even if it’s just when you’re alone and thoughts seem to rush into your head and you can’t seem to keep them from coming in. But there can be beauty in pain; Even though sometimes it’s hard to see.

Dear drugs and alcohol,

You make the most successful men your slave. You control millions of minds around the world. When their not on you they dream of you, and when they don’t have you they think of ways to steal you. You’re the reason why so many have lost loved ones. You’re a cause of cancer and major disorders. You’ve taken away peoples voices and their lungs. You’ve deteriorated people’s skin, glazed over their eyes, and robbed them of their youth. Pretended to help people through their problems, and gave false hope. You’ve foiled education and job opportunities, ruined marriages and left children to fend for themselves. You’ve caused violence, helped people fall through the cracks and lead and helped toward depression. You’ve built and helped economies, and gave people jobs. You’ve healed some but killed so many more and made billions of dollars. The world hates you but they can’t live without you.

Love,

Someone who doesn’t love you

loveisntreal GOLD, Arcata, California

"you live what you've learned." -linkin park

this is a very good article. i love how you wrote to drugs and alcohol like they were a living person that you could "chew out". i disagree when people say tht marajauna isnt addictive, because i have seen not only my friends get addicted to it, but also my mother, who eventually went on to bigger drugs to get the same "high." i have to say, that drugs ruin peoples lives and families. i agree with darkstar6265. <3 you did a wonderful job, keep writing!!:)

mirandyg12 PLATINUM, Longmont, Colorado

we only live once, but if we live the right way once is enough!

omg so amazing and so true you have a way with words just amazing wow!!!!!

PhoenixCrossing GOLD, Tinley Park, Illinois
I agree re-writing and editing this. The idea is very creative and I love it. If you really wanted to, you could delete the article, edit it, and resubmit it.

pandagirl312 GOLD, Leawood, Kansas
Yeah, there really should be a way to edit your stuff if there isn't. Editing is important. :)

pandagirl312 GOLD, Leawood, Kansas
Yeah, there really should be a way to do that if there isn't. Editing is an important part of the writing process. :) I sound like such a nerd...

Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

Thanks. I wrote this a long time ago before I was very good at grammar and spelling. I've gotten a lot better now but it's a shame that you can't go back and edit your pieces. 

pandagirl312 GOLD, Leawood, Kansas
I like how you formatted your opinions into a letter to drugs. Cool idea. I would definitely go back and fix grammar errors and look for them when writing in the future. But besides that, well done. :)

MayaaMagdy BRONZE, Nasr City, Other

i totally agree with you,i love your way of writing

TheLuncheonette SILVER, Montreal, Other
I seen so many of these "drug" articles submitted and the term "drugs" is really broad. For example, marijuana isn't an addictive drug, so I don't think "you make the most successful men your slave" is accurate. 

FreeThinker said...
Nice insight, KaylaAmy. What people don't understand is, they HAVE a choice. They don't let it run their lives. I got away from that scene. Others can too.

mariomaster BRONZE, Duluth, Minnesota

History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction.

Sorry, "should've." And of course, a lot of the world loves them.

mariomaster BRONZE, Duluth, Minnesota

I beg to differ on this point. You use the term "drug" too broadly. A lot of drugs are safe and fun. Thinking of things never hurts. If it's so terrible, you should of wrote an essay on wet dreams. Death sucks, but this essay is the product of pure indoctrination, and is rambling.

Ashley.Noel SILVER, Lugoff, South Carolina

"You can't always wait for opportunity to knock; sometimes you have to knock the door off its hinges and pumble opportunity in the streets."
~ Lisa Landry, "Sister, Sister"

This is exactly the point of this article! Even though drugs and alcohol may seem like fun or a good way to fix your issues, it's not the answer and there's a better, safer way to fix the problem, whatever it is.

Hetalia-otaku SILVER, Sweden, Maine
I totally agree with this article.

on Mar. 23 2012 at 8:55 am
DarkIsThyThought BRONZE, Shishpipkabibble, Pennsylvania

I think I know enough of hate- to say that for destruction ice- is also great- and would suffice.

I really loved how you made drugs into a person! Spelling mistakes or not, I loved it!

callmeike SILVER, Denver, Colorado

Heroes die, Legends endure.

This is very well written, but the only thing that I think could be changed is the few grammatical errors you had in there. It was a good story. I like how you made it in a letter sending it to drugs. Well done! I hope to see more of your work :)

on Mar. 21 2012 at 7:18 am
kurtis.m.russell, Zama-shi, Other

But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell. We'll tell you that, uh, Kojak always gets the killer, or that nobody ever gets cancer at Archie Bunker's house, and no matter how much trouble the hero is in, don't worry, just look at your watch; at the end of the hour he's going to win. We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here. You're beginning to think that the tube is reality, and that your own lives are unreal. You do whatever the tube tells you! You dress like the tube, you eat like the tube, you raise your children like the tube, you even *think* like the tube! This is mass madness, you maniacs! In God's name, you people are the real thing! *WE* are the illusion! So turn off your television sets. Turn them off now. Turn them off right now. Turn them off and leave them off! Turn them off right in the middle of the sentence I'm speaking to you now! TURN THEM OFF...

these things don't kill people, people kill people

KaylaAmy said...
on Mar. 4 2012 at 8:27 am
i've had an alcoholic as a mother for 11 years i think i know by now.

dukecitysouthpaw SILVER, Moriarty, New Mexico

"How can you call yourself tolerant, but refuse to tolerate the intolerant?
-Myself

you obviously dont know the pain of alcoholism

Even if drugs and alcohol have been around for an extremely long time (they have), that does NOT make them beneficial. Certain drugs can be used to a certain extent, but we can all live without them. Naturally, if you're an addict, a withdrawal may kill you. I'm not saying that we should eliminate them all starting right now; I'm just pointing out that the bad they do usually outways the good. Sunshine is absolutely right about one thing: we CAN CERTAINLY get along without them. The fact that drug lords are becoming rich off of these things is entirely irrelevant.