Can't You See? You Are Perfect! | Teen Ink

Can't You See? You Are Perfect!

By peace_love_beauty PLATINUM, Florien, Louisiana
peace_love_beauty PLATINUM, Florien, Louisiana

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalms 23:4

Every day, I see people who strive to be what they call "perfect." They fix their hair a certain way, dress a certain way, try to act a certain way, and so many other things to change themselves.
What is perfect, though? Is it blond hair, blue eyes, size 0, white teeth, long legs, makes straight A's? I don't think so.
Everyone is perfect in their own way, whether they be size 0 or 10. You don't have to look a certain way, act a certain way, attain certain accomplishments, or any of these crazy things people think make you "perfect." Just be yourself. There are things about everybody that are awesome, like a talent. Everyone is awesome, and perfect in their own way. Don't let anyone tell you different. In the words of GaGa, "Baby, you were born this way!"

I just want to help boost the self-esteem of everybody out there who reads this.

on Aug. 25 2011 at 10:31 am

TWLOHA? Yes, definietly. In fact, im wearing one of their shirts right now =)

on May. 14 2011 at 1:10 am
loveisblind GOLD, Tenino, Washington

This world, it ends as you believe it to end; yet it'll live on to the actuall end, where then you admit yourself wrong.

~Me~

have you heard of Operation Beautiful and TWLOHA? you might like them :)