Stop Smoking Today | Teen Ink

Stop Smoking Today

By teenjosiah BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
teenjosiah BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania

Dear President Donald Trump:

Why do people still smoke today?  You know it can kill you, why do it? If you want to live stop, stop, stop or get some help it's not too late. Smoking is bad because there are over 4,000 chemicals in cigaretts, so when you start all the chemicals shut down your important body parts leaving the chemicals the only source keeping you, barely alive. So- stop killing yourself. Why do people still smoke today? 

The average smoker in the U.S spends 1,500 to 3,300 dollars why would someone do that? I could be rich myself with that money. Why do people still smoke today?  Next is when you do more than just cigaretts it becomes heavy GRUGS, taking more money from your family and doing what a parent should not do. Why do people still smoke today? 

Finally, you should stop smoking because it can kill you not save you from all the 4,000 chemicals inside of them you are just destroying your life. Why do people still smoke today? They are destroying their lives because they are addicted to the powerful nicotine that is killing their bodies. I know it is not illegal, but you should use different chemicals that are less harmful and less addicting.

Sincerely, 

Josiah C.