Military Decisions | Teen Ink

Military Decisions

March 12, 2018
By AbheetSarker BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
AbheetSarker BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Imagine people covering themselves with dead, bloody bodies so they themselves can survive a brutal wave of bullets whose designated target are their body parts. Some people in Bangladesh didn't have to imagine this for they experienced it. This is the scene of the war of 1971.  It was waged by Pakistan on to Bangladesh. This war was also funded by America. 

Rather than being the police of the world and promoting good and justice, America’s involvement in international warfare has had ulterior motives (money and power) and has left many countries doomed with numerous casualties. Is it worth it? Does it matter if we’re bringing justice or profiting millions of dollars from these conflicts; is it worth the millions of lives lost and to be lost? Does it matter if they did it first? If it does then what differs America from a pair of six-year-olds. And we must remember that an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Some people argue that, “We must sacrifice some lives, so we can save more American lives.” This ideology is completely sick. Are we not dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal? If we are, then we should not be valuing American lives of the lives of other people. By now, in 2018, we should not be judging whether a person gets to live by their nationality, but by the content of their character. The drones that we send to Afghanistan are supposed to target certain targets. But innocent people get caught in the explosions. Those innocent people had families. And those families are then infuriated towards America. And those innocent families join terrorist groups and become murderers. It's like killing a mockingbird. According to Donald Trump, "We need more nuclear power." Is this why he has cut funding from the Department of Education? For more nuclear power?! Again, is it worth it? 

People do not come to America because it is militarily strong. They come because they want good lives and education for their children. If we cut funds from the Department of Education for military purposes, will people come to America. This nation was built by immigrants. If immigrants don't come, our nation will fall. Sometimes by losing a battle, you find a new way to win the war. Maybe this "new way" is education. For a great nation is defined by its great minds not great power.