2017: A Year of Peace | Teen Ink

2017: A Year of Peace

October 13, 2016
By SupahAce15 PLATINUM, Marietta, Georgia
SupahAce15 PLATINUM, Marietta, Georgia
47 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future"- Oscar Wilde


It's no secret that 2016 has been a turbulent year. With the deadly shootings in Orlando and of Christina Grimmie, and of unarmed African-American men Alton Sterling, Philando Castile,Terrence Crutcher, and countless others. Not to mention the terrorist attacks in Nice,France, and the devastating bombing of Allepo. When looking back, 2016 will most likely bring back fear and sadness.

But that's 2016, 2017 is whole another story waiting to be written. I have hope that the incoming year will not be about violence, chaos, or destruction. That instead it will be about strength, love and hope. That will be the year when more girls will be able to attend school. That will be the year that we are able to stop ISIS without destroying an innocent country. That will be the year when innocent African-American men will stop losing their lives. That will be the year when all the people who lost their lives, will be honored not just by their memorials, but by the all the good we did.

2017 will be about hope, faith determination, kindness, peace and love.