Presidential Elections Bring Up Real Conflicts Today | Teen Ink

Presidential Elections Bring Up Real Conflicts Today

By Hager2015 GOLD, Staten Island New York, New York
Hager2015 GOLD, Staten Island New York, New York

"There is nothing impossible to him who will try." -Alexander The Great

After taking this survey I felt really angry as well as surprised at the issues that we have to deal with in the United States today as well as results. I ended up with really weird results being that I got 82% for Bernie Sanders, 82% for Hillary Clinton, 77% for Michael Bloomberg, 77% for Jill Stein, 72% for Gary Johnson, 60% for Marco Rubio, 52% for Ted Cruz, 46% for Donald Trump [which was literally just some of the educational issues and nothing else like -_-], 43% for John Kasich, and 39% for Ben Carson. It was as if my mind couldn’t really let me have one person that has the higher percentage and had to give me multiple people with the same percentage not once but twice and all the other percentages were really close together. Creepy. I was really surprised with my results because I’m not really a person that’s deeply into politics but when I took the survey and got my results they were so high and that just took me by surprise as well as the issues that were discussed. The issue[s] that I find the most important would be things like building a wall on the Mexican border, preventing immigrants from coming into the United States especially Muslims, as well as many other issues but there wont be enough time for that.

One of the issues I think is really is important would be the building of a wall on the Mexican border. I disagree with this greatly because what is America without its diversity and besides that it would take decades at the minimal to build the wall as well as billions of dollars that would have to go towards it. Its just not that either because if you do end up building a wall on the Mexican border you would have to build another one on the Canadian border and that’s way too much money that could be used to help other social and environmental issues that are more important and relevant in our society at this day in age. Another issue would be preventing immigrants from coming into the United States especially Muslims. I think this is wrong because the United States is an immigrant country no one here is technically a natural born American citizen because all of us immigrated from Great Britain after declaring our independence and eventually we formed the United States so all of us are immigrants whether we were born her or not because of our past ancestors. Now the fact that its in most cases specifically towards Muslims is both unconstitutional as well wrong in general. This is because people believe that its Muslims that are ISIS when however based on past events like in Paris, one of Paris’s own citizens was apart of ISIS and its factual that ISIS is made up of many different people form different religions, backgrounds, and countries. You can say it’s just about as diverse as the United States. And when you think about it like that you have to realize the US is one of the most diverse countries in the world if not the most diverse. It is made up of people from all sorts of backgrounds and ethics just like ISIS, its not just one type of people, one religion, its multiple and that’s what people don’t understand because they don’t want to accept the fact that they cant just the Muslims as an scapegoat just like the Jewish people were for the Nazis, and just look how that turned out. It was horrendous and the UNITED STATES believe it or not helped the Jewish people now why would they do the same thing that they fought against with THE Nazis to the Muslims. This is also unconstitutional because 1rst amendment rights RELIGION. Who are we as Americans to specifically ban Muslims immigrants just because of their religious background? We call ourselves the land of the free and the home of the brave and we offer the freedom of practicing ANY religion or no religion at all but yet we are coming after a specific religious group and not letting them into the Unites States. That goes after everything we believe in, once that happens than this is no longer the United States if we cant even follow the very laws that were created to govern us and protect us as well as lead us in the right direction. We might as well give up our citizenships now and not call ourselves Americans because people Religion is a freedom given to us in our FIRST amendment and in our BILL of Rights, our basic rights that everyone is entitled to on this land.  That logic just doesn’t make sense.  

with the 2016 presidential elections so many important major life changing topics come up and the things people have to say are astonishing and whats even more astonishing is how we as a nations are acting with it.