Get Up! | Teen Ink

Get Up!

By 2RileyA BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
2RileyA BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana

In the United States we have many social problems to fix before we can consider ourself as a successful country. We have citizens that are not eating every night, or how about the ones that can’t even afford health insurance. Our president needs to step up as commander in chief, and show the United States we can come together as one to overcome our social issues and job unemployment

In America we have jobs. There are those who work hard and make a tremendous amount  money then there are those who work hard and make little money. We then have those who can’t afford to work, or don’t meet the physical requirements. As of September 2015, then unemployment rate is 5.1 percent (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics). To make America a successful country, lower than a 3 percent is needed.  Some might say a 5.1 percent is already good enough. I agree. We still need to have everyone working.

Why are the people that are able to work not working? The non-working citizens think that they are making a good lifestyle off of their living, but actually they are bringing the country down. Selling drugs may seem like it has a steady income; however, it isn't the right that a citizen should be doing.

I know America is a free country, but we have to work to become a successful country. All of this starts with the citizens getting off their butts and going to apply for a job.