World War III? | Teen Ink

World War III?

August 21, 2014
By MicahMorrison GOLD, Washington, DC, District Of Columbia
MicahMorrison GOLD, Washington, DC, District Of Columbia
17 articles 0 photos 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It's not too late, it's never too late" -Three Days Grace


Taliban forces control a vast majority of the Middle East. Russia’s nuclear stockpile, which ready to arm at any moment. China’s military, which has about the same number of people as the whole United States. America’s highly trained combat teams and weapon arsenal. Has the fear of another World War been compromised by anger and hatred of each other? There is no more musket fire in modern war. There are no more fully manual, fuse powered, solid lead ball cannons. And there won’t be just one atomic or nuclear bomb dropped to end the war. If there is another World War, then there will be no more humanity. Doomsday preppers, THIS IS YOUR TIME! But wait! AR-15s and stealth bombers strike in an instant. So there is no time for you to run across town, or even to your backyard bunker, because these things could happen at any time. And why would they, you ask? Maybe debt, the United Nations, oil, land usage, government issues, or many other things. Shouldn’t we be worried about the honest, innocent, human beings that would be cruelly killed because of the governments (or extremists’) unrighteousness doings? And not about whom the “criminal” country is on this Earth?! We all breathe the same air, and we all need certain things to survive. We all inhabit this one Earth, together. So why destroy it (and each other)?


The author's comments:

The song I Don't Want to be Here Anymore, and it's music video, by Rise Against inspired me to write this piece. Also, other current events in the world inspired me. Such as the recent death of James Foley... Anyway, I hope you enjoy the piece.