World War III? | Teen Ink

World War III?

By MicahMorrison GOLD, Washington, DC, District Of Columbia
MicahMorrison GOLD, Washington, DC, District Of Columbia

"It's not too late, it's never too late" -Three Days Grace

Taliban forces control a vast majority of the Middle East. Russia’s nuclear stockpile, which ready to arm at any moment. China’s military, which has about the same number of people as the whole United States. America’s highly trained combat teams and weapon arsenal. Has the fear of another World War been compromised by anger and hatred of each other? There is no more musket fire in modern war. There are no more fully manual, fuse powered, solid lead ball cannons. And there won’t be just one atomic or nuclear bomb dropped to end the war. If there is another World War, then there will be no more humanity. Doomsday preppers, THIS IS YOUR TIME! But wait! AR-15s and stealth bombers strike in an instant. So there is no time for you to run across town, or even to your backyard bunker, because these things could happen at any time. And why would they, you ask? Maybe debt, the United Nations, oil, land usage, government issues, or many other things. Shouldn’t we be worried about the honest, innocent, human beings that would be cruelly killed because of the governments (or extremists’) unrighteousness doings? And not about whom the “criminal” country is on this Earth?! We all breathe the same air, and we all need certain things to survive. We all inhabit this one Earth, together. So why destroy it (and each other)?

The song I Don't Want to be Here Anymore, and it's music video, by Rise Against inspired me to write this piece. Also, other current events in the world inspired me. Such as the recent death of James Foley... Anyway, I hope you enjoy the piece.

on Sep. 27 2014 at 4:26 pm
Crystallite BRONZE, Santa Elena, Other
wow this is so interesting, nicely written! kinda scared me a little while reading lol but a i got to the end and i loved it even more because of the positive message that you are conveying. nice work ! :-D

on Aug. 26 2014 at 5:35 pm

Thank you for the feedback, some people are scared. I appreciatie it though

on Aug. 24 2014 at 11:19 pm
Caesar123 DIAMOND, Union Grove, Wisconsin

"Madness in great ones must not unwatched go" --Claudius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet

Could be a little longer and maybe more thought out, but the premise is pretty good. I think you’re right, it used to be that the Russians wouldn’t attack us and vice versa because of mutually assured destruction. But, with the increasingly radical ideology worldwide, it seems like passion is beginning to trump that fear. In fact, it wouldn’t even take a major nuclear conflict to screw up the planet, but even a few bombs triggered in a short amount of time could disrupt the atmosphere and thus the rest of the planet. Well, hope you enjoyed my rant. Keep up the good work!