Seeing Barack Obama | Teen Ink

Seeing Barack Obama

By Specialk13k GOLD, Ocean View, Delaware
Specialk13k GOLD, Ocean View, Delaware

"They say that right before you die, your life flashes before your eyes. Make it worth watching."

Cold. Tiring. Crowded. Long. Early. Worth It.

- It lingered around 28 degrees all day long. Life lesson: Little hand warmers make a HUGE difference especially when you ignore the little warning and put them against your bare skin.

- Being on your feet for about 12 hours straight can actually decrease your ability to walk. Life Lesson: While Uggs are warm and snugly, if you expect to have any feeling in your feet at the end of the day, wear sneakers.

- Crammed behind a security gate with about 2,000 other crazy citizens who share your dream of seeing the president for about 10 seconds. Life Lesson: The coolest people that you will ever meet, you'll meet on a D.C. subway.

- There's really nothing like waking up at 12:45am and not crashing until 9:00pm after standing in the freezing cold for 12 hours. Life Lesson: You only live once and will have plenty of time to sleep when you die.

- Can't wait to tell my grand kids that I was at the inauguration of our nation's first African-American President, and saw Barack Obama walk down Constitution Ave. This is definitely one for the scrap books. Life Lesson: I'll be thawed out by 1/20/12, so why not go again?

silentpeacock BRONZE, Whitney, Texas
1 article 1 photo 80 comments

all it takes is all youve got

omg omg omg you dont realize how blessed yall are to SEE the first black president. im a texas country girl and.... wow

specialty said...
Just a quick note... it was Pennsylvanie Ave, not Constitution. By the end of the day the streets were running together. We were in a security line on Constitution.