What the United States Flag Stands for | Teen Ink

What the United States Flag Stands for

November 4, 2022
By 3chiles SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
3chiles SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Life. Life is God's greatest gift, nobody ever asked for it but it is a gift that will forever be a blessing
Eternal Life. Nobody ever dies, everyone's memory will live on in the name of God and America.
Remembrance. The third fold represents the departure of the brave soldiers who have lived and fought in our country's name, honor, freedom, and safety.
The fourth fold represents our weakness. We have no weakness, in times of war we turn to god for guidance and in times of distress we turn to god for peace.
The fifth fold is a tribute to our country, as Stephen Decatur once said “Our Country, in dealing with other countries, may she always be right, but it is still our country right or wrong.”
The 6th fold is for where our hearts lie. I pledge allegiance to the flag, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation, under god, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
The 7th fold is a tribute to the brave men and women who serve and protect our freedom, country, and rights from all enemies foreign or domestic.
The 8th fold is a tribute to “The one who entered into the valley of the shadow of death” therefore we can all see the light of day. And to honor our mothers for whom the flag flies for on mothers day.
The 9th fold is a tribute to mankind, it is for their faith, love, loyalty and devotion that has molded the character of the men and women who make this country the greatest ever
The 10th fold is a tribute to the fathers. The fathers who have given their sons and daughters opportunities to be successful and the right to freedom.
The 11th fold represents praise and honor to all Hebrew citizens. It represents the lower portion of the seal of King David and King Solomon, and glorifies the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
The 12th fold pays tribute to all christians of America and praises God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.