How I Feel | Teen Ink

How I Feel

November 24, 2008
By Anonymous

Many people would say that growing up in a Catholic school is a faithfully rewarding experience. Every day, you get to express your faith and live it out. The only problem with this seemingly eutopian setting is that no one is allowed to have their own opinion on some matters.
John McCain was the pro-life candidate in the past presidential election. It comes as no surprise to me that my Catholic school should try to push their opinion on all of the students once again as they tried to persuade us that McCain was the right choice for president.
Barack Obama becoming the president elect was like death to my school. Everyone was walking around the next day with their faces to the ground, looking like they should be wearing black and be carrying a box of tissues. They tried to blame the current economic crisis on Mr. Obama even though he hasn't taken office yet!
Now, we are constantly praying for a change of heart in Barack Obama when we really should by praying for acceptance in the school. I think that even if your opinions aren't the same as Obama's or if you voted for McCain in the election, you should still support our presidential elect and try to help him keep this country afloat. Without the country supporting and helping him along the way, he could very well fail, but if we back him and support him and try to help him make the best of this country, he could really do well as our president and help make this country great.