My opinion on police brutality                            | Teen Ink

   My opinion on police brutality                           

September 1, 2020
By HorrorTeller BRONZE, Independance, Missouri
HorrorTeller BRONZE, Independance, Missouri
4 articles 1 photo 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Let your unique awesomeness and positive energy inspire confidence in others.”


My opinion on police brutality is that it has to stop! People all over the world are getting beaten up by police some for no apparent reason and some have even died because of it; including George Floyd, an African American man killed by a police officer at the age of 46 in Minneapolis, Minnesota during an arrest for allegedly using a counterfeit bill. George Floyd was choked to death by an American police officer after pinning Floyd to the ground with his knee on Floyd's neck. While he was handcuffed, George Floyd repeats "I can't breathe." repeatedly. Yet, police officer, Derek Chauvin never once checked to see if he was okay. It only took 8 minutes and 46 seconds. But he wasn't the only one. On August 9, 2014, Michael Brown Jr., an 18-year-old black man, was fatally shot by 28-year-old, white, Ferguson police officer, Darren Wilson in the city of Ferguson, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis. Brown was accompanied by his 22-year-old friend Dorian Johnson. But there's still more, Jacob Blake was shot in the back 7 times by a white, male police officer and will not be able to walk again, and not only that, he was shot right in front of his children.