Why Green is Better Than Blue | Teen Ink

Why Green is Better Than Blue

January 31, 2017
By khan.sahib GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
khan.sahib GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Recently I was looking at a Blue and Green picture when a thought suddenly occurred to me, isn’t green so much better than blue. Later I found out that some people actually thought that Blue was better than Green. I knew that I had to save the honor of green so now I will tell the world why Green was, is and always will be better than Blue. 
   

Firstly we have to look at how the color looks. Blue looks so drably whereas green looks fresh and alive (the proper green color, not the color called “yellow green” or “dull green” which are a disgrace to the Green color). Now some people say that there are some variations of blue which indeed do look good, what they forget is the fact that blue can only ever look good if there is some green mixed into it like with turquoise or cyan. Some would argue that Green is the product of blue and yellow, so without blue there is no green thus blue is the better. On the contrary just because you help to make something doesn’t mean you are better than it. Alexander the Great, Minamoto Yoshitsune, Kobe Bryant and Luke Skywalker all outshone their fathers. Also in Star Wars Luke Skywalker’s blue lightsaber is replaced, by a green one. Green has been known as the color of peace. Every single human being on the planet wants peace or wants a peaceful life. Inner peace is what Buddhist monks spend their entire life trying to find. Religious people do righteous act so they can get into heaven and thus get peace. What is blue the color of? Sadness and depression, that’s what. No one wants to be sad, people feel pity on those unlucky folk who are depressed. No monks try for decades to achieve inner depression, and being depressed is also a disease. There is also an illness called “the Blues”, which is when someone is really down. However the argument arises that, isn’t green the color of sickness and what about the disease gangrene. Actually the color of sickness should in fact be yellow (or pale) which is the real color of your skin when you are sick. It should also be noted that the color of vomit is mostly yellowish brownish not green. As for gangrene, even though it sounds like my beloved color, it is not spelled the same way so it doesn’t count.
   

What does count is what things are blue and green, and what does green and blue represent. Green is the color of the plants. The plants are necessary to our survival. These plants give us food and the oxygen that we breathe. Blue is the color of the ocean, we can’t drink it, we drown in it and it creates tsunamis. Yes we can eat seafood but they can also be found in rivers which are not always so blue. Blue (along with White) is the color of the cold, where plants die, people freeze and/or get sick. Cold might be fun…if you’re in a jacket, what if you weren’t, would you like it then? Green is the color of spring, where things are born and grow, where life flourishes (plus the weather is fantastical). Green represents nature, and life. Green is also a symbol for conserving energy, thus the term “Go Green”. Blue is also considered a royal color. Some people mistakenly believe that as a good thing, but it is not. Royal means monarchy, and monarchy is not a good thing at all. Green is fresh life, blue is cold sadness. Blue might have some good things, like representing loyalty and wisdom but they pale in comparison to the many qualities of green. You might say that blue is the color of courage, but why then, is the award for courage called Purple Heart. It is said that green is the color of an infected wound but blue is the color you get when you get frostbite, a bruise and when you can’t breathe. Green is the color of grass, that wonderful soft thing on the ground which makes the earth look pretty (along with trees and vegetation, which is also green). If Earth was covered in green it wouldn’t look bad, in fact it would look better, more fresh and alive. However if it was covered in blue it would look cold and distant, like Neptune. Green represents life, blue does not. Green is the most soothing color to the eyes, blue is not. Green is the best, blue is not.


The author's comments:

Dear the color Blue,

 I like you, I really do, but Green is better so therfore in this article you must be destroyed