Aeneas | Teen Ink

Aeneas

By Lisawashere GOLD, Los Angeles, California
Lisawashere GOLD, Los Angeles, California

In The Aeneid, Aeneas is a Trojan general who later become the founder and ancestor of Roma Empire. Although he is a brave man with strong leadership and the excellent achievement, many people refuse to recognize him as a hero since many of his success and passage during the adventure seem to be supported by women in his life. Aeneid, on the other hand, failed to take care of his own wife during the Tory War, and had to rely on the bless of his mother during his adventure on the sea. Finally, his success is supported by the wealthy women Dido. However, he is a remarkable hero and these supports are not directly causing his success.

Firstly, Aeneas’s mother Venus did not support him until he had achieved the strong leadership place in Troy before the failure of the war. This achievement certainly does not come easy and is later supported by his strong military scene during his journey on the sea and the later winning.

Also, Aeneas is a hero because of his family responsibility. He carried his father out of Troy during the war. Aeneas also always held the respect to his formal wife, while only decided to take Dido after he dreamed that his wife supported him to marry Dido.

Moreover, Aeneas has the leadership that not only allows him to become the recognized leader after the failure in Troy, but also helped him to found Roma from the ground. He was the first person to respond to the solider in the Horse in the night. His natural leadership allowed him become the new Troy leader, and guided his citizens away from the tragedy. 

Overall, Aeneas’s military sense, family value, and the leadership all suggest that he is a hero. Without him, all Troy people would die in the war, and they would never be the Roma Empire in human history.