Mindless Scattering | Teen Ink

Mindless Scattering

By EmilyHoang SILVER, Pelham, Alabama
EmilyHoang SILVER, Pelham, Alabama

Ten billion people in the world. First thing that popped into my mind. There are so many words to say, but nothing arises to mind. We do the same routine every day. We eat, sleep, work, or go to school. Why do we do the stuff we do? Why do we say what we say? Why do we talk and act like we do. Many questions come to mind, but never answer. We question ourselves every day. Thoughts are flowing through are mind like sand at the beach, gracefully, but unevenly. In today’s society, most people don’t think about what’s going on in the world. Teenagers think about love, prom, games, and new trends. While parents think about kids, money, work, and taking care of family members. Why are we sent to Earth? What’s our purpose? What’s our goal in life? How are we supposed to know what to do or say? What if we say or do the wrong things? I guess you can say we’re programmed. We wake up every morning and get ready for our daily events. We go to school and sit in a vacant desk, listening to things we need to know for college or future references .We work to earn money, but what’s the point? What is it that we really need to do or achieve in life? We earn money just to spend them on useless things, like new clothes or shoes when we should really start thinking about what it’s like out there in the real world. Many people die every day from starvation or being homeless etc. Some people don’t have clothes and we spend money on designer brand, but at the end of the day it’s just clothing made out of different materials. Life is complex. Everything isn’t always easy and given to you. I learned that the hard way. You work and hard work pays off. I feel like my head is about to explode with chaotic problems I can’t solve. We argue, we fall in love, and we do unwise things. It can be fun for a while, but then reality hits us. We stress out about things we shouldn’t be stress about. Life should be meaningful, useful, amusing, and none of those words fit into my foolish life. If life wouldn’t be so challenging, I wouldn’t be writing anything. We’re so ungrateful; we only care about what we look like or who we talk and hangout with. Those things shouldn’t matter in a teenager life, but it is. It’s the little and significant things that matters. People should start caring about the world and the people that are living in it. We should start being old school and read the news and observe the world more than it really is. You can overlook things are not really see beneath it. TV shows, movies, and books all have some sort of morals and themes. It’s tragic thinking about the world how it was back then. Many wars, holocaust, and assassinations were brought during that time period. What has the world come to? Right now everyone think life is easy, but we should start preparing ourselves for the future and our life goals. Ever get the feeling that we our set out to do something amazing, but don’t know where to start?  Walking down a school hallway is like a never ending stop light. I have no space to freely move my legs and arms. Teenagers are so noisy and immature, but I have to remember I’m still in high school. Our generation focuses so much on social media and games. We never make time to hang out with our friends and family. We waste our days, words doing nothing or things that aren’t important. There’s more to life than just new things or new places to shop or hang. We our set to do something magnificent in life. I suggest we find our purpose and start on journey where we can make a difference in someone’s life or our owns. 

This piece should capture's readers,authors, everyones' mind to think about today's society

Jj65 said...
on Sep. 3 2016 at 11:49 am
Published this piece please!!!Teen Ink this what we need to read

AnonYO said...
on Sep. 3 2016 at 11:37 am
This is a really good piece, keep it up please.