What Freedom Means to Me | Teen Ink

What Freedom Means to Me

By eRiCa1304 GOLD, Sarasota, Florida
eRiCa1304 GOLD, Sarasota, Florida

These days, people take for granted what our ancestors worked so hard to provide for us. They had great perseverance along with a single goal in mind. Their goal was to bring America freedom at last. Freedom can mean so many different things to many different people. We are all different, so the term “freedom” means something different to all of us living in America. To me, freedom means a sense of hope, commitment, and pride. When I read in school about how America came to be a free land, I always feel proud and amazed at how the many leaders, soldiers, and families from the past brought freedom to us, and I also feel hope for America’s future that it will keep its freedom and remain the land of the free for generations and generations to come.

The freedom that we have today, also reminds me of the places where freedom does not exist yet. There are many countries where the people living in them hear about our freedom, but yet, they cannot experience it for themselves. We can only hope for those people right now, and dream of a world that’s free. I believe that everyone should be able to experience and live in a free nation at some point in their life. From free speech and free religion, to free press and voting rights, freedom to me always shows the opportunity of America to get better, and that’s what freedom really is.

MASD said...
on Jul. 3 2017 at 11:46 am
Well done the speech is very good

Haybeast said...
I need to no where the story takes place and if Michael Diane was convicted

srags said...
So much in so few words.

Denisey said...
I like zebras they are my favorite animal the same reason.

StacyA33 said...
Beautifully written. I loved reading about your experience.

shilohmymainhorse,
@eRiCa1304 i have to write a essay for a school contest im in 7 th grade an im lookin for some info to help me write an this helped alot

Jazzie j said...
Me too! I have looked everywhere and couldn't find a single thing until I came here! Thanks so much!

Bhargav said...
on Aug. 12 2015 at 11:22 am
Bhargav,
Freedom is the ability to make decisions on our own. But for me freedom means to learn from my mistakes and also do all the things that I only desire. Freedom to me is to feel safe, confident and comfortable in a good democratic country like ours in India . This does not mean that we are totally free from our responsibilities laid on us, but this freedom has it’s own limits. Freedom also means to be able to do many things without being forced. The meaning of freedom can differ from different aspects of our life. Thus I will conclude that life is a very tough challenge without freedom.

i love when she wrote we can onley hope for those people right now and dream of a world that's free.....<3love hope peace swag

That's cool that we are able to take the mortgage loans and that opens completely new chances.

helena deacy said...
helena deacy, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
very interesting thanks

eRiCa1304 GOLD said...
eRiCa1304 GOLD, Sarasota, Florida
thanks so much! good luck! :)

basketball22 said...
i am in 8th grade and i'm doing the FRA contest for what freedom of speech means to me, i am looking online for ideas and found yours to be the best!!!

*ads96* said...
on Sep. 20 2010 at 8:59 am
cool.it truly roxx!

eRiCa1304 GOLD said...
eRiCa1304 GOLD, Sarasota, Florida
thanksss :D

Rayanne SILVER said...
Rayanne SILVER, Ely, Nevada

'Careful Wat you wish for' And "Things may not always be what they seem'

i thought it was good