“TRAVELLING KEEPS A DOCTOR AWAY” | Teen Ink

“TRAVELLING KEEPS A DOCTOR AWAY”

By Marian_de_Silva GOLD, Gampaha, Other
Marian_de_Silva GOLD, Gampaha, Other

“If this year has taught me anything, it's that grief can destroy a person.”

“Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it.”

"Don't assume the answer is no before you ask the question."

"Collect moments, not things"

Travelling has several significant facts that would leave you in amaze. Roaming around can make you smarter and it can discover the fearless adventurous spirit in you. But, there are facts that you should know for all our sakes‼!

Just like everything has its’ own branches to flow, voyaging also has different types to choose from. Such as, if you are willing to reach your destination from the terminus as an official solo traveller or as a group traveller which is organized by a travel agency or a group of pals etc. and negotiated by a professional besides a certified travel guide.

But, how can you select between the above two divisions?

First, think about the purpose of travelling. For an instance, is it for entertainment, educational or occupational purposes alongside business determinations? Secondly, you must find a renowned and trusted travel agency. Because we can’t judge a book by its’ cover. It will be easier to select a local agency to keep in touch with. Thirdly, consider their professionalism in the field and the network.

Lastly, if you chose to travel independently, find someone who can sponsor and who had settled in a specific country. List some iconic places with historical ethics to enjoy and to uplift your curiosity so, they can multiply the value of your expedition.

Expressively, a whole ball of wax has both pros and cons, similarly, travelling also has both sides. When it comes to positive facts, escapism tends you to get out from unpleasant environments and realities. Secondly, travelling gives you a vast knowledge of different cultures and traditional practices.

Thirdly, you can discover your own version of adventurous skills with new updates on software alike, you can reflect yourself as a braver and smarter than you were, overcoming phobias and illnesses. Especially, you can debunk the myths, you can make yourself more flexible with lots of personal benefits as long as a leg up inside the professional fields.

Lastly, You’ll get an opportunity to build up friendships the foreign people who can be trusted and so on.

Let’s move on with the cons of travelling. To begin with, Homesick is one of the self-disadvantage facts to consider. Homesickness is experiencing a longing for one’s home during a period of absence. It can lead you to miss your family’s most iconic milestones or the emergencies back at home.

Getting Lost is a bit common fact among most travellers whether it’s a group or a solo traveller. This is a big disadvantage, as it wastes a lot of time and sometimes increases anxiety. According to the statistics, about 94% of Americans are missing while travelling. According to, world population review.com, the highest rate of missing persons by far is in sparsely populated Alaska, with 41.8 missing people per 100,000 of the population while Arizona ranked as the second.

Finally, some items may cost a lot. Especially when your home country’s currency falls down compared to the US$. This can cause you a lot of disturbances when you are affording items abroad.

Overall, you can have a wide range of experiences including, Adventurous, Enthusiastic and discoveries.

• You must take a photocopy of your passport and the National Identity card.

• Don’t forget to be at the airport at least 4 hours earlier before the departure.

• Always stay alert about yourself, your luggage, electronic devices and money etc.

• Try new foods and don’t forget to capture the moments.

•Always carry a power bank, a compass, a map booklet of the region (you can follow your phone too. But sometimes poor signal will be a burden)

Fun fact: According to www.usanews.com, Spain is the number one in solo travel ranking without changing from 2020

To be brief, Travelling is fun and can be dangerous too. Enjoy the life till you live. Leave footsteps and enjoy the memories‼

PowerPaws_

Bonjour!! I'm PowerPaws. I'm not a native. English is my 3rd language. This article is about Travelling. PLEASE! if you spot any errors with this article, comment down below. It will help me a lot. If you hate this, just comment too. 

on Feb. 12 at 10:58 am
Marian_de_Silva GOLD, Gampaha, Other

That's great!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! ❤❤ @On_A_Journey

on Feb. 11 at 10:34 pm
On_A_Journey SILVER, Sparks, Nevada

Not all those who wander are lost- J.R.R Tolkien

Traveling is so fun! Me and my family have been traveling full time for the past eight years, and it's been such an amazing experience! Good job on this!

on Apr. 22 2022 at 11:52 pm
Marian_de_Silva GOLD, Gampaha, Other

@afra Thank youuuu Afra for your comment ❤️✨

Afra ELITE said...
on Apr. 16 2022 at 10:08 pm
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

Marian, it's really nice to know that I am not the only Sri Lankan teenager who thinks this way...Well-said!!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻