A Song For America | Teen Ink

A Song For America MAG

A new song by the heavy metal band Megadeath is titled "Symphony iof Destruction," and portions of its lyrics are very pertinent to a phenomenon the American people have witnessed recently. The phenomenon, of course, is Ross Perot. At one point in the song, lead singer Dave Mustraine belts the following words: "Just like the Pied Piper led rats through the streets, we danced like marionettes, swaying to the symphony of destruction."

H. Ross Perot never really had a plan for America. He was just a pied piper, leading a group of disillusioned people, fed up with politics, who were willing to settle for anything. The question that remains is, did Perot know where he was leading the American people? He had no concrete platform. I don't think even he knew what he was going to do. Thus, it is inevitable that he would have led the American people to disaster.

Every time he spoke, Perot was performing a symphony of destruction. Luckily, he self-destructed before he could destroy the United States, which at this point would not be too difficult n

Editor's Note: Since David wrote this, Mr. Perot did, of course, rejoin the race for president.