The Greatest Gift In The World | Teen Ink

The Greatest Gift In The World MAG

The best gift in the world is a family, one that you can love and trust.

A family can do things no toy can. It can take care of you and provide you with the things you need for life. A family helps you through thick and thin and will help push you up the ladder of life. They are behind you every step of the way, no matter what choices you make in life.

If you decide that you're just going to throw your life away, a family will try to get you back on your feet and send you on your way down the winding road of life.

Have you ever stopped to think about kids in orphanages waiting for someone to come along and adopt them? How do you think it feels not to have a family? Think about that. Think about how lucky you are to have a family.

Many people take advantage of their familites and don't take the time to stop and think about everything they do for them.

So today, take the time to stop and think about your family and the things they do for you - how they love and care for you. The next time a member of your family takes you to your friend's house or picks up after you, say thank you. Never, ever forget them. They are ... The Best Gift in the World. ?

StarlightStormcloud, Pasadena, California
I agree with this in full.  Too many teens disregard all the sacrifices made for them by their parents.  I could never stand to do anything that would disappoint mine because although even the smallest things may not seem like a big deal to me, every restriction they make is in my best interest.  To undermine that is disrespectful and breaks my heart.