Spreading Education About Modern Conflicts: How Children Can Innovate Their Way Into Companies | Teen Ink

Spreading Education About Modern Conflicts: How Children Can Innovate Their Way Into Companies MAG

Apple, once reigning as the most affluent company, recently experienced a diminish in profit and status quo. Tim Cook, the current CEO of Apple, is largely criticized for overpricing the iPhones, though he has previously solved large amounts of problems for Apple. Regardless, news media such as CRN state that Cook should step aside to an innovative leader, and I believe that I have the ability to step in his shoes. If I could positively disrupt the status quo of Apple in the form of innovation, I would spread Apple’s product range by targeting inventions currently needed, in order to further educate and inspire those around the world.

I would bring innovation to affect the status quo in order to educate as well as inspire millions across the world. Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple, once stated that those who push the human race forward are those who disregard the status quo. However, as the status quo is the existing state of any company, both I and many corporations disagree with Job’s statement. Inventions concerning education and current conflicts are needed in the world, especially in third-world countries, and as Apple has a monopoly over phones, it therefore has a large influence in the way people act. By engineering education platforms that specifically target modern conflicts, the resulting innovation would profit both Apple and the conflicting world. Spreading awareness of problems around the world will inspire those who are innovative to create solutions, and Apple’s status quo will be benefited due to the fact that creative solutions will be sponsored by the company. The innovations that can potentially solve conflicts can be filtered through Apple to spread (via iPhones) and the result will provide Apple with bundles of cash and the world with a method to solve a conflict.

By introducing/innovating a program that encourages children to create solutions to existing problems, I would effectively disrupt Apple’s status quo. With a widespread reach that nets the entire Earth, Apple has the potential to efficiently educate the world as well as spread news about current conflict. However, as Apple is currently experiencing a decrease in sales, I propose that Apple entails education as a method to increase their popularity. As technology increases, the potential for inventions are increasing, as well as the creativity of students (nationally). Creating a special app that targets solutions to modern crises would harness both of the previously mentioned resources, as well as disrupt Apple’s status quo. Sponsoring potential inventions would benefit Apple in the area of popularity (therefore increasing profit/ status quo), and also be benevolent to how the world functions. Known as the company that ‘truly helps us’, Apple would be positively affected and so would current technology.

I would bring innovation to affect the status quo by targeting the availability of Apple throughout the world. Statista states around 223 million people around the U.S. use an iPhone, and Apple disregards the influence they have on people in the education realm. Using the main resource of Apple’s influence, I would instruct the company to create an app (using XCode) that uses artificial intelligence to specifically target real life conflicts around the world and send them to children. Children are commonly stated as the future, and Apple would embrace that. By being the first company to provide education resources to everywhere around the world, those with innovative ideas to current problems would stand up and propose them to Apple. The inventions that possess potential will be sponsored by Apple and (with Apple’s great availability) spread globally. The status quo of Apple will benefit, as a large amount of the profit gained from the solution will be given to Apple, and Apple could be branded as a company that honors the children.

If I could positively disrupt the status quo of Apple in the form of innovation, I would spread Apple’s product range by targeting inventions currently needed, in order to further educate and inspire those around the world. Edith Widder, CEO of the Ocean Research & Conservation Association, stated that “Exploration is the engine that drives innovation. Innovation drives economic growth. So let's all go exploring.” Exploration is only possible with a source, and with new technological advancements, it is becoming easier to ascertain those solutions. Though a mere phone company may not seem to have the capability to educate Earth, anyone can accomplish the impossible. Providing the world with education yields multiple global benefits, and as Apple is perceived as one of the most influential companies, the affairs of this company is critical to everyone. The world runs on conflicts, and the only way to let Earth rest for a while is to unite together and solve our problems.

Reflecting on both popular companies and modern-day conflicts, my article proposes the creation of an app that targets the availability of students and the creative thinking they possess. As the company I chose, Apple, has a widespread reach of the world, it would be efficient to inspire and sponsor innovations that children make around the world. The resulting app that I would create would be accessible to children around the world, and prompt them to engineer and construct innovations to modern day problems. The app would accomplish this by informing them of current conflicts, and provide a base where they could share and improve ideas they had concerning solutions to a select problem.