The things | Teen Ink

The things

October 31, 2018
By Anonymous

Author's note:

My mom helped me right this piece and gave me some ideas for it

The sky sat ominous over the house. No one knew why this house was the way it was,it just was. Many people have looked into purchasing the house at 123  Candy Ave, but all have failed. Until this one family came, there was something a little strange about this family. For sale, nice three or four bedrooms, two full and two half bathrooms with a walkout basement plus 16 acres of land   a lake
Anna  and her family loved the house at first sight. Her parents let her have the bedroom in the back of the house the overlooked the lake in the backyard. Anna could already imagine all the amazing adventures she an her friends would be having in her bedroom. For the first few months the family adjusted to living in the country away from the hustle an hectic city. Life was great
The Highlands enjoyed having family and friends over to their new home. While sitting  in the basement, she felt that something was calling her to that room and to the pond. Soon Anna would find out what it was that was calling her.
One night Anna couldn't sleep. She sat up looking out the window  into the sky at the moon. The air chilled around her while the moon started to fade. The lake started to churn violently and uproar. Anna just sat and watched as if the lake had compelled her to stare. All of a sudden she sat up and started walking to the door an out the house to the lake but she wasn't walking it was as if she was floating and someone was leading  the way. As she got to the lake she heard the sound of whispering become louder and louder. As if they were coming from the lake. She looked up and saw people in the woods. They were tall and skinny and blended in with the trees.
The people started to come closer,moving out of the woods and towards her. Anna still couldn't cleary see them since it was so dark. As they got closer their mouths hung open and they has complete silver eyes. They started to whisper a language anna couldn't understand. She didn't understand what they were saying because it was a language she had never heard. She didn't even understand what they were saying besides that they would occasionally say her name ¨Anna¨ one of them said it a deep voice. ¨Anna¨ another one said in a deep voice.
As anna stood there staring into the eyes of the people as one approached her standing tall above her. Anna bent her neck back so she could see the thing that wasn't even human. Annas mouth soon fell open as if a hand was forcing her to open her mouth causing her jaw to break opens up wider and wider  A black liquid started to pour from the things mouth as the whispers in the background became louder. Anna then fell onto the cold ground. When Anna woke up she wasn't at the lake anymore. She was deep in the woods. As she sat up she looked up to see the things all staring at her in a circle. Anna tried to say something,but to no success her jaw was wide open and stiff  she couldn't move it. You could only hear the sounds of her breathing. The things came to anna and took her into a shack. There they put her on a cold steel table tying her down to it. They put a mask up against Anna's face. Her eyes soon became heavy as she began to shut them, falling back into a deep sleep.
¨AHHH¨ Anna screamed as she shot straight up in her bed. She looked around her room and then to her clock. It was only 11:30am. Anna looked around her room confused as she touched her face rubbing her jaw, making sure it was okay.  Her parents came into her room ¨What's wrong are you alright¨ her mother said as she came rushing by her side. Her dad sitting on the other side of the bed. ¨I was by the lake and then these things, these tall things came to me and they broke my jaw. And then one of the had this black goo coming out of his mouth pouring into mine and I couldn't stop it and it knocked me out,. Then I woke up and they took me into this shack an tied me to a table and I woke up here¨ Anna exclaimed as she began to burst into tears . ¨Oh honey it was just a night terror¨ comforted Anna's mother as she pulled Anna in for a tight hug.¨But it was so real I swear¨ Anna exclaimed. ¨Well they aren't here now are they¨ Anna’s mother suggested. Anna shook her head no in response. ¨Go back to bed honey, your mother and I will be in our room if you need anything¨Annas dad told  as he got up and walked to the door.
After Anna’s parents had left Anna stayed up thinking about what had happened. Everything had felt so real. She didn't understand how it was a dream. Anna eventually became too tired and fell back to sleep.This time she stayed sound asleep.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.