Hellfire | Teen Ink

Hellfire

January 25, 2015
By Lauryn Mandy BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky
Lauryn Mandy BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Summary:

Candace was quite the girl. She attempted to love and protect her society through the church; this was a peaceful, untouched mission.

     At first, Candace was successful; she'd finally found someone that she could call a friend: Mara. Mara appreciated Candace's friendship, as well as her stimulating intellect.

     But Candace has a problem with her neighbor, Eve Arsonault. And Mara is even angrier than Candice. Eve's past was deemed too mysterious to be left unscrutinized by the two, so Mara and Candace decided to investigate. But neither of them liked what they found.

     The next day, something awful happened to the Arsonaults. Candace and her family talked to a local newswoman and the police officers, but none of them could figure out exactly what happened.

     Worst of all, Mara started to change. She went from a kind, but gothic girl to a ferocious, violent anomaly. She tore apart anyone that dared to hurt Candace or herself, and began to scare Candace. Mara started to do mysterious, annual rituals, including the one she did an entire year ago.

     But last year was the only year she'd been seen. Mara wasn't okay with that, and goes after Candace.

     Mara ends up catching Candace, and says a single sentence that shatters Candace forever.


Lauryn M.

Hellfire


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 5 comments.


NaNa said...
on May. 14 2016 at 4:32 am
You are amazingly wonderful & brilliant ! Love you Always!

on Feb. 14 2015 at 9:32 pm
DesmineRobinson PLATINUM, Melvindale, Michigan
27 articles 2 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is an opportunity."
"Different is normal."
"We have to love ourselves, so we can properly love someone else."

YOU ARE VERY VERY VERY WELCOME!!! As a fellow writer, I understand you, FULLheartedly.

ShortStory said...
on Feb. 13 2015 at 4:09 pm
You are extremely skilled at creating a suspenseful mood through vivid imagery and inner thoughts. You have created dynamic, multi-dimensional characters. Way to go!

on Feb. 13 2015 at 12:28 pm
Lauryn Mandy BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment
Well, thank you, DesmineRobinson. I appreciate the recognition.

on Feb. 8 2015 at 5:13 pm
DesmineRobinson PLATINUM, Melvindale, Michigan
27 articles 2 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is an opportunity."
"Different is normal."
"We have to love ourselves, so we can properly love someone else."

MY GOODNESS YOU HAVE GOOD VOCABULARY! YOU GO GIRL!