Blessed Curse [Working Title] | Teen Ink

Blessed Curse [Working Title]

April 1, 2012
By Iridescent_Lilly BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
Iridescent_Lilly BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
I have many, but my top favorite (at the moment) is;
"Fairytales do not tell children that Dragons exist. Children already know that Dragons exist; Fairytales tell children that Dragons can be killed."
-G.K. Chesterson


Summary:

It is the year 3012. Five years ago, all the children, who had begun growing incredibly intelligent, tried telling their parents about the dangerously unstable power plants. That same year, all of the adults died do to the largest nuclear plant on earth exploding; but the toxic air had a much different affect on all the people under ten. Each now has the ability to quickly adapt to new environments and for a “lucky” few, an extra ability was given. Depending mostly on what a child/teenager was doing at the moment the radioactive fumes hit them, the powers have great ranges.

The kids soon figured out a system, and brought all 6.8 billion kids together through an intricate network of communication across every continent. There was month of mourning and cremating dead parents and bodies of other adults. Leaders were quickly appointed by I.Q. and age, the emergency personnel became filled with those with the ability to do a specific job, and the older kids set out on hunts to find children in need of parenting and began filling hotels with families. Those kids who were in less developed countries and on islands made their way to the nearest well developed country and made refuge. War was considered pointless and each country signed a pact saying they would not go to war, nor would any country be allowed to build power plants. Currency was considered unnecessary as well, and an old-fashioned trading system began, but with a modern twist. The geniuses of the new world created more efficient power sources that relied solely on inexhaustible resources. Though different, life went on.

Amelia is one of the special people. When she breathed the gases she was administering a shot to her mother, who could no longer do it herself. However, her life has been pretty normal; she even spends all her mornings with handsome and sweet Michael.

Annalice is also one of the special people. She was administering the same shot to her mother, but right as she coughed from the fumes, she gave her mother a lethal dose of her medicine. Though she was assured she was not the one to kill her mother, she felt guilty and horrid. Now she is dating sexy and romantic Jake who she visits only in the night.

When these girls meet in the strangest of places, their lives will change. However, due to their unique abilities, they are needed more than ever when a new disaster lands on earth. The girls have no idea how they will help the world when they can’t keep their own lives straight, but will they pull through to fight earth’s new nemesis?


Emma G.

Blessed Curse [Working Title]


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 1 comment.


on Apr. 3 2012 at 8:51 pm
Iridescent_Lilly BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
I have many, but my top favorite (at the moment) is;
"Fairytales do not tell children that Dragons exist. Children already know that Dragons exist; Fairytales tell children that Dragons can be killed."
-G.K. Chesterson

Don't be afraid to critisize guys, I love contructive critisism!