butterfly time traveler 2 | Teen Ink

butterfly time traveler 2

By Nara, Nursultan, Other
Nara, Nursultan, Other

today you are you, that's truer than true.

Hi, I am Kitty. Last time me and my friends went to the future and came back, there are still a month until the new school year starts. 

After mum and dad went away again we helped Rita and Lily to learn things for the next year they can go to the school. Their maths and English are amazing, so we just help them to learn about the geography and history.

They are clever at learning geography, but history is a bit tough. So they tried so hard to deal with it, they watch history movies such as wars, they read history books.

One day, Lily stared at the book and gasped: “the two world wars are so cruel! I hate learning it!”

“So what about stop it by going to the past? There are still a month.” suggested Butterfly.

“Smart idea!” I agreed, “I hate the war too, a lot of people died in the war and war waste money!”

“Ugh, why did we learned it so hard before? It will soon disappear.” joked Mary.

“Yeah, we don’t have to learn about it anymore!” Rita was happy.

So we quickly packed up and I found more about WWI in my watch: ‘there’s only 20 years between WWI and WWII, a lot of environment change is caused by the 2 wars, many young soldiers died etc.

“I already know it’s scary but now I felt more scared.” gasped Rita.

“I don’t want to go, it is too scary!” cried Alice.

“Maybe I will be here with Alice and you all will go there?” suggested Mr. McElhenney. 

“Oh, this is so kind!” I was happy about that, “now we will have no worries.”

When Butterfly gave us all a bullet-proof jacket, a bullet-proof hat, and a small gun. After we waved them goodbye, we get into the Butterfly, I set the year ‘1913’ and place and then started. 

Then we went to sleep, but hard to fall asleep. I woke up and went to the playing room, I didn’t feel excited when I see everyone are there.

There’s nothing to do at night, so we held an assembly about what should we do tomorrow.

this story is imaginated, so all the change can only be in the story, please do not check in with life.

After the long assembly we soon get into dream. The next morning Butterfly landed in the village and people came to watch. 

This is in our plan, so we came out from the Butterfly, people staring at us as they’ve seen aliens.

I clapped and began: “listen guys, we are coming from the gods and the god let you all to listen to us!”

So people stopped talking and knelt on the ground, then Rita tried not to laugh, and Lily began: “okay, so I will tell you, a few months after, some soldiers will come to the village and attack, now get the guns and when they come, shoot them!”

“Long live the god!” shouted the people still kneel on the ground.

“And the leader of your country wanted a war, this war killed over 8 million people, over 21 million people get injured!” Mary told everyone.

All people gasped, then I shouted: “you all get together and you can stop the war, do you want?”

People shouted: “yes! Yes!” and we told them what to do.

“Remember we have to protect the prince from being killed? If he’s alive, the war may stop!” reminded Lily.

So we moved ourselves to where the prince live, after 2 days the prince will be killed if we take no actions.

When we arrived at the palace, I took my vitamin out, we made a perfect plan of saving the prince from being killed:

First I will find the killer, then I will be a spy, and I will give him a cake with poison to kill him.

“Is it too cruel to kill him?” asked Mary.

“If we don’t kill him, he will cause over millions of people die!” I explained.

So I found the killer, I looks innocent: “hello, I am Kitty, and I really want to follow you! My dad died and mum runaway, I have nowhere to go!”

“Poor kid, okay, follow me and you will be rich.” He smiled and laughed, I can see his golden teeth.

So I suggested the way to poison the prince, and he agreed, I took my vitamin out and sneered: “this is a deadly poison, it will make people get diarrhoea for the first week and then it will kill people.” 

“Amazing! I want to kill him with my knife but it will be too dangerous, clever girl!” he shouted and laughed his head off.

Then I got into the royal kitchen, I showed the cook some ‘magic’ by my watch, and he believes I am coming from the god.

Then I give him the vitamin and told him: “this is something healthy for the prince’s body, but please let him act like he got diarrhoea, or someone is going to kill him!” and the cook believed.

Then I went back to the Butterfly house, cooked a cake and put the real poison inside and then I brought it to the killer.

“The social workers found me, and they’re going to send me to a children’s care home. Thank for you care for these days.” I smiled and gave him a cake.

“Kind girl!” he laughed again, this is going to be his final laugh in the world.

After he eats it, I hide away. When he went to the toilet, I locked it and made nobody can open it. 

all thing about Adlof Hitler's childhoods were imaginative. 

I ran and ran to the Butterfly house, cannot wait to tell them the amazing news, and when I arrived, I shout: “prince is saved!”

And everyone is happy, then we moved ourselves to the village, a person shouted: “thanks to god's sake, our home is saved!” 

And the whole village gave us a red flower.

After saying goodbye to them, we travelled to the childhood of the Adolf Hitler.

“Should we just kill him?” asked Lily.

“I don’t think we should, we should tell him peace, so we have to be kind to him.” warned Rita.

So we arrived at his house, him mum is telling him off. She shouted: “you mucky stuff, do you know how hard it was to clean the house is?” and he cried.

Butterfly called some policies, they put his mum in jail, and we tell him: “your mum will be punished and you will be happy ever after, if the world is at peace.”

He cried: “my dad died in a war and after we knew that, my mum became crazy.”

So we told him that war caused his life become badly, but he can change it if he loves peace.

We waved him goodbye and go back to the house, set year 2019 and start.

There will be no WWI and WWII ever. I think.

When Butterfly start, we held a plan to trick Mr. McElhenney:

We will make some ketchup on Lily, and I will tell Alice it’s a trick, or she will cry till her throat break.

So we made some blood, threw them on Lily and I called Alice with my watch: I told her to be a spy, she will act like crying and make him believe, the deal was I will give her some candy we brought back.

Then Alice cried, we cried too. Mr. McElhenney heard and came, I cried (we put our face to onion): “Lily saved us, and she’s killed!” 

Over imagination, Mr. McElhenney burst into tears loudly and quickly, he ran to his room and laid himself on his bed, we can hear him crying out loud when the microphone is in Alice’s room.

Then Alice worried that we don’t know, and she reminded us: “oh no, the joke cause drama!”

But then he laughed: “I know you are trick me, all feats belong to my spy Alice!

OK, what a spy.

We arrived home quickly as Lily washed the ketchup on her body off. 

But when we got home, Mr. Mcelhenney looked serious.

He told us that the school sign up deadline is coming so if we want Alice, Rita and Lily to go to our school, we have to go today or tomorrow.

Today when we all had a walk to the Butterfly park, we saw that there are so many things change, and all the changes we saw were pleasantly changes.

For example some old houses become new, the road became cleaner, even we can see our school have a new colour wall!

“Wow, war really ruined a lot of things!” gasped Rita.

“And we will never have exams about them, we should not spend that much time on it!” said Lily.

“And I don’t have to teach anybody about it.” joked Mr.McElhenney and then we all laughed.

On the way we walk, we saw lots of new shops and things inside are really adorable.

I cannot control myself to buy some pretty pens and chocolates, they are such as magnets sticking us. It caused the shopkeeper thought that we are coming from poor areas, so when we pay for the heap of things we chosen, he looks amazed, but soon back to normal.

After the walk, we went back to the Butterfly house and ate some cake I made before we go.

The snack is finished and we are bored.

And I researched ‘Adolf Hitler’, I found out that he is now famous on peace! Then I saw some comments: ‘even though I knew that he would like peace, but I always remember him as an evil guy.’ and someone repeated: ‘me too!’ how funny.

“Let’s practice a bit for the meeting.” advised Mary.

And we agreed, it is a better idea.

So we told them what to wear, what to say and all things might happen, because if the head don’t agree, they can’t go to school with us! And if they cannot get into the school in Y6, they can’t get into the secondary school either. Also, because our headmaster Mrs. Poison is evil and wicked, how hateful she is: 

She blocked all children in the canteen before 12:50

She let the children with sick throat still sing loudly

She blocked the place children can drink water and let them to bring a water bottle (if they have water bottle, why do they still go there?)

She hurried the children to the playground on winter even if they got a cold

She told everyone to be Eco but someone saw her drinking water with a single used plastic cups and throw it away when she has her water bottle on her hand

She took photos of children and publish them online

She charges the children when there’s a trip or free clothing day

She is so wicked and evil, but she looks kind and nice when parents heard child saying she’s evil and meet her, this causes a lot of children is punished at home for ‘tell lies and tell bad things on others’.

So I am really worried, but they told me it's okay, Mr. Mcelhenney will be with them hopefully.

The next day Alice, Lily and Rita got changed and went to school with Mr. McElhenney.

They saw the gate of the school is opened, so they go inside to the school. 

Then Mr.McElhenney took them up to the headmaster’s office, he knocked on the door. And then they heard “come in” so he took Rita and Lily inside the office.

Mrs.Poison looks honest, after the test, she shouted: “they are genius! I mustn't let them go to other school!”

So they get into the school successfully, and she told us kindly that Alice can come as well.

I heard it from Rita, so I made a huge cake to celebrate it, and everyone loved it. 

“So next week we can go to school together!” cheered Mary.

The next day we all bought us new uniform, the new uniform looks much better than the old one, 2 days before a new school year.

We spent the next two days on buying new bags and stationary for ourselves. They are cheap and high-qualified, because people spent the money on this when they spent it on the war before. 

And we bought ourselves some new scrapbook, after we have chosen our favourite one, I kept the rest in Butterfly. 

“Why you buy so much? Is it because you think they are pretty?” asked Lily.

“If there are new friends join us, we can give them one and don’t need to waste time on buying another one, also this type of scrapbook may have sold off. But the most important thing is if our own run out, we can get another same one or a new one, that’s why I buy 3 for each style.” I explained.

“How clever you are!” joked Rita, “clever girl, can you make a cake please?” 

And we all laughed, I made everybody including my favourite cake - Butterfly mouse! It’s my special recipe, no one else knows how to make it.

2 days passed like 2 years, we got ourselves ready, packed our lunch and go to the thing we wait for long - school opening day!

The opening is exciting and there is a pleasant news, our wicked headmaster Mrs.Poison disappeared! All people call her and the voice: ‘sorry, the number you call is an empty number, please check.’ and her email account is invalid, so we have a new headmaster Mr.Ulmer.

How nice he is:

He banned the unreasonable rules for example that all children if they eat in the canteen, they must stay until 12:50, children can now choose what to do on breaktime, children don't have to pay for anything, they can choose to donate money to charity if they want… 

He loves to be Eco as well but he does it himself, not to let everyone do. But everyone does the same as him even if there's no rule.

Everything in the school will behave better too, our class teacher is still Mr.McElhenney, me and Mary, Rita and Lily are sitting near. 

On breaktime, Masha came to Mary’s seat, she came and pleaded: “I can’t imagine my holiday was sooooo boring without you!” we allowed she joined our Butterfly girls team. 

On lunchtime Mary and Masha shared their lunch, Masha gasped: “Kitty, you cook foods so delicious!” and I promise I will give her lunch every day.

When Rita suggested letting Masha live with us, she agreed and said with worry and sadness: “dad and mum have gone to a long business trip to Japan, they are coming back at least after… 2 years.”

“But it will be fun with us!” comforted Lily, “just stay with us and you will not be alone.”

“Thank you so much!” cried Masha, brush her tear away.

The first day, we got a new teammate in our team and my superfluous scrapbook did work. I believe that tomorrow will be even better.

to be continued...

A new school year has begun, the Butterfly girls have another new teammate! They want to open a cafe but suddenly Mr.McElhenney became wicked and do not allow them to open it, but they are Butterfly girls, so they made the cafe open in secret, but paper can’t hold fire, Mr.McElhenney thought that the girls are behaving weird with him so he planned to follow them home, Kitty was angry and grabbed his watch off, he is angry and angry, but angry didn’t make anything better, so he put a spy in them… will his conspiracy work? What has happened to his heart? Did the secret break? Find more in the Butterfly time traveller 3