Broonvilles | Teen Ink

Broonvilles

By tspro, Wyckoff, New Jersey
tspro, Wyckoff, New Jersey

Author's note:

I am from Ramapo highschool in Franklin Lakes Nj

It's a fun read

Jill looked out the window of her new room. She has not been out of her room since her family came about a weak ago. No one asked her to move away from the city, away from her friends. Her brother would come into the room and try to annoy her, but out the window she still stared.

Her parents tried to bring her outside. Now that she lived in the suburbs, she actually has a backyard to enjoy. While outside, Jill walked in circles. She had no idea what to do in a backyard.

“Hi there.” Jill turned around to see a girl, maybe a year or two younger the herself.

“Hi. . .” Jill was not too sure what to do. She started to walk back to her house, when she felt a hand on her shoulder. Jill turned around to she the girl.

“My name is Maggie. I live next door.” she stated proudly

“I notice.” Jill said sarcastically. She continued to walk toward the house, when Maggie stopped her again.

“What’s your name?” Jill sighed

“Jill”

“Oh, that’s a pretty name.” Jill was right on the front porch.

“Well,” said Jill, “It was nice meeting you.” She walked inside before Maggie could say anything.

The next day, Jill walked back outside, with encouragement from her parents. She saw the woods behind the house.

“Jill!” Jill turned around to see her brother, Logan, running towards her. “Are you going into the woods?”

“Yes but you’re not invited. Go play with that girl next door.” Jill kept walking

“You mean this girl.” She turned around to find Maggie standing next to Logan. Jill groaned.

“Hi Jill! Who’s this guy. It doesn’t matter I can’t wait to go into the wood.” She talked so fast the Jill could not understand her.”

“Wait. What? No! You two stay here. I am going in here alone. Logan I know you don’t understand this word but whatever.” She stormed off into the forest.

“We’re going to follow her, right?” Maggie said already walking into the forest.

“Sure. Random person I don’t know.” Logan whispered under his breath following Maggie.

An hour had passed and Jill was getting tired. She walked a little further and them found a big rock to lay on. After a minute or so, she heard the voice, the terrible voice of a girl. She got up to see Maggie and Logan

“Ugh. . . I thought I told you two to leave me alone.” She turned around and went to storm off, but hit a wall. A literal stone wall. “What the. . .”

As she looked up, there was this big, beautiful stone wall with an arch.

“How did I not see this? She looked at the two. “Did you see this” They both shook their heads. She climbed up and there was nothing on the other side of the wall. “Well there is nothing here”

“Are you sure? asked Maggie, “Because there is a whole town behind here.” Jill jumped down and walked towards the arch.

“I don’t see anything.”

“No,” said Logan. “There is a whole city. Here let me show you.” He grabbed her hand and pulled her forward. Once she went under the arch, the sun beamed into her eyes. Once she walked a few more steps she still saw nothing.

“There is still nothing.” She walked forward more and ran into something. “What the-” She looked but the was nothing there.

“You ran into the side of this building.” said Maggie.

“There is no building here. There is no town here. It is just the woods.”

“Why can’t she see any of this?” said Maggie

“I don’t know.” said Logan. “Maybe she doesn’t believe Jill has been depressed lately. Maybe we should try and cheer her up.”

“Jill,” said Maggie. “You need to cheer up to see everything. Open your eyes.”

Jill looked up. She was getting all teary eyed. “I didn’t wanted to come here.” her voice started to get dry. Jill closed her eyes “I left all my friends back in the city. I don’t know my way around here. Everything is so confusing. I just want to go home.” When she open her eyes again, she saw it.

“I see it.” she said. In front of her, a ginormous city started to materialise. “What is this place?” She looked back to the archway to see a name carved into the stone. Welcome to Broonvilles. “This place is too weird. Let’s get out of here.” All three of them turned around and walked towards the exit.

They walked back to the house and didn’t come back