Lost In Space | Teen Ink

Lost In Space

March 14, 2019
By Aurora_Lopez01 BRONZE, San Pedro, California
More by this author
Aurora_Lopez01 BRONZE, San Pedro, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

This novel is about me. A 17 year old girl named Aurora . I sometimes feel like I'm in space because there are times where I want to be alone but then I start to miss my family and I try not to ake advantage of them and love them for being there for me.

There was once where I dreamed that I had been to space but this time it had felt real. I felt like I was floating around in space and nobody else can see but myself. I almost wished there was someone that I can enjoy this moment. I thought that it couldn’t be true that I can be in space and my surroundings would be the planets. At this point I started floating towards one of the planets, I wasn’t sure what planet it was because I only saw from up-close and not the whole entire planet. I didn’t want to go to a planet that I didn’t know of so I carefully examined the planet and noticed some similarities of the moon.

I remembered how the moon looks like and it’s feature because I had done my research for my school project. I had gotten an “A+” on my project for the creativity and research that I had done. Many people were so interested and amazed in how good my project was, not to brag but I myself think I am a genius. Other than me being a “genius”, I never thought that I would be on the moon walking. I asked myself “Is this how the astronaut people felt? How did they not freak out!”. I remember seeing videos of astronauts being blast off to space in the past, I always thought that it wasn’t real. I then landed to the moon once again after being so into my thoughts.

It was weird walking on the moon because you’re not necessarily walking and touching the ground. You are floating! I went to walk around and see what I can find but I didn’t feel safe. I had the feeling of being watched. Then I felt this weird feeling again, it wouldn’t go away! My stomach was growling but I didn’t have anyone to give me some food until I remembered that in my spaceship I had brought packets of food. Thump, thump, thump, thump! I felt it again and this time it was my heart. I started to get homesick and missed my family. I tried to think of happy thoughts but I still couldn’t think of any, I even tried to remember my family, mom, dad, my two sisters and little brother but I couldn’t.

There was so much happening that I decided to close my eyes and take a nap in the spaceship. I couldn’t sleep. I didn’t feel happy anymore about being in space. It had felt so lonely that I didn’t even want to go explore.

I never thought that traveling around or traveling to space and the moon would make me feel so lonely. I felt like I was the only person alive in space which I was. I started to think a lot and there were just so many thoughts going through my head. What if I get really sick? What if no one or something can hear me be in pain or if I scream would they hear me? I couldn’t stop thinking about these scenarios if it were to happen. I thought that if maybe I were to take a nap and close my eyes I would feel better but I didn’t. I still had some of that awful feeling, I was a little bit better than earlier.

It started to get chilly and windy in the moon. I started to cleanup my spaceship so that I could have a nice rest the next day and wake up in a clean space. There wasn’t many cleaning that I could do but it did feel better, a little like home. I decided to make myself something to eat since I haven’t ate since I had landed to space. I floated and swam myself to the shelf that had my dried up food packets. I had never tried any astronaut food packets before so it was my first time preparing and eating the food. I grabbed a plastic spoon and digged into my chicken noodle soup with veggies. The flavor was a bit confusing but also fascinating the way it sort of tasted like chicken noodle soup it wasn’t the best in making you feel homie but it still tasted good.

After being done eating and drinking some water I felt very nourished and healthy in a way. It has been a long time since I ate something good and healthy. In matter of fact I didn’t even know if the food was healthy but I hoped it was. There was so many chicken noodle soup with veggies in the shelf including some different soups and desserts. I didn’t feel like eating some desserts so I decided to brush my teeth and wash my face so that I can go to sleep and see what’s the next adventure for the next day.

It’s the next day, I woke up and happily felt like it was going to be a good day but there was just one thing concerning me and that was that the moon didn’t seem very liveable. It would get really cold at nights and if I were to not be able to find a way to leave space, I could ran out of food supply. I needed to find a good area where I can live and grow my own fruits and vegetables. I also needed to build my home that I can live in.

I decided to go and check out the moon and see what I can do to be able to live here. Then I remembered one thing and that was that moon wasn’t very liveable for us humans. I never heard of a person living in the moon or even last. So I decided to go out and explore but before that I made myself some breakfast and drank some water. I packed up some things that I think I would need when exploring and I also packed some food and water in case I got hungry in the way.

I stepped outside of my spaceship and started walking and walking till I find something useful and a liveable area. I want to find something so I can have a little hope of still being able to live in the moon so I kept searching and searching counting my steps “ 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36…” hoping my legs take me somewhere.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.