I Am One With The Fallen | Teen Ink

I Am One With The Fallen

October 26, 2018
By Alaska_Mae101, Non Ya Damn Business, California
More by this author
Alaska_Mae101, Non Ya Damn Business, California
0 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Live your life to the best of your ability and maybe you'll go down in history knowing you did the best you could even when life gets hard." ~Alaska Mae~


Kyla was once an innocent, caring, sweet, most loving person you have ever met in your life. Welp until she met Ben when the internet was just becoming a thing in 2004. They met in January just as the New Year was kicking off in 2004. Kayla and Ben hit it off faster then you can say cheesy potatoes. So they decided to continue seeing each other. Now let’s fast forward to when they have only been dating for a month and to the part where Kayla got some huge life-changing news.  Kayla didn’t have ANY idea how messed up her life will become real soon and she will make the second biggest mistake of her life, first being agreeing to go out with Ben and continue doing it.


Kayla looked at the test in disbelief. She couldn’t get her thoughts together but also couldn’t stop having panic attacks and screaming out “ WTF” ooooh and my personal favorite “This has to be a mistake, this stupid f*cking test HAS to be wrong.” The life-changing news was that Kayla had been very careless and had gotten pregnant and she barely knew the guy I mean come on a month? That’s barely any time to get to know the actual person I mean for all you know he could be acting totally fake around ya. Welp in 9 months she will find out that the ‘stupid’ test was actually not wrong but rather right. She told Ben when she was 4 months pregnant and was just starting to show. She told Ben when she found out and he proposed to her. So she stupidly said yes because she thought Ben was this perfect person who would make an even more perfect dad to the baby. They got married three months before the baby was born. Now let’s fast forward to where Ben messes up Kayla’s life as well as the baby’s.


To be exact on the 13th of November at 11:59 P.M. and then Kayla’s life, as well as baby Alaska’s life, will be ruined. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the ‘mistake’ was a baby named Alaska Mae and that’s me your narrator. I am telling you a story about life and death, but mostly death and I will be explaining how my life leads to my death (well sorta death) and how I became one with the FALLEN.  And if you can’t handle this then DO NOT continue to read this because this isn’t the book for you. But if you can then let’s continue shall we?


I wanted to be the perfect daughter my WHOLE life ever since I could understand that the way my dad treated my mom was wrong and how it made my mom was always depressed. She even tried killing her self once and I was the one who found her and called the cops. I tried to be loved but my dad still beat my mom n I up. It never stopped him when we begged him to stop and more times then not my mom n dad told me to kill myself and I was little. I took care of my parents because they would always get high and I felt like I was the parent instead of the kid. My dad ruined my mom and he got her hooked on drugs and alcohol. While growing up I couldn’t live down the story of how I was made and what a mistake I am and I grew up in a trailer park. I went to a pretty good school and I always tried my best but it still wasn’t enough for them.


I’m pretty sure you get how awful it was soooo let’s jump forward to the night before my 16th birthday. I woke up at 11:45 p.m. so that way I could make a wish just like I have been for the past ten years. Except ever since I learned that I could climb the fence to get on the really old and ugly tiny shed out back, then jump up on the roof and look at the stars, that’s how I’ve been making wishes. I learned how to do that when I saw a cat stuck on the roof and started wondering how to get it down when I was 9. So I have been doing this for the past 7 years now and it is kinda my tradition for my birthday. But tonight it is now only 6 minutes before my birthday and while I'm getting up to steal a jacket from my mom's box of mementos from her childhood that just happens to be in 

my closet under a bunch of old tarps and stuff I heard crash in the kitchen. It wasn’t like a pot fallen on the ground it was like someone falling through the roof. So I get up and go to check what the f*ck just happened. I carefully headed to the other end of the trailer where the kitchen is and is really surprised to see a huge hole in the wall and my parents aren’t even out of their bedroom which is literally right by the kitchen. I cautisly go to check out what happened when I see this weird teenager that I go to school with in my kitchen. He has brown hair and his eyes are glowing red and not to mention he has WINGS that are black.


My parents finally come out and I pratically broke my neck to look at them, then I notice my dad has this sick, sick look on his face when the weird angel guy who goes to my school but never talked to me grabbed my wrist. I started screaming for help and my mom just looked away and all my dad said was “ Thank god this night couldn’t have come faster you know what to do with her. Alaska go rot in HELL!!!!!!!!!!!” He said hell the loudest and started laughing. Then before I knew what was going on the weird angel guy I’ve seen around school grabbed me by my waist and started climbing to up the side of the wall that didn’t have a huge chunk of it missing and went up to the wall.  When we got up to the roof he started running, still holding me by my waist, he jumped off the roof, I started screaming and when I looked down the ground got smaller and smaller. That’s when I noticed we were flying. I couldn’t think straight anymore so I fainted. I had these words popping up the most though ‘Is this the end for me, am I gonna die’. I couldn’t stop thinking about what my dad said “ You know what to do with her.” Does that mean my dad hired someone to kill me?

 

*Find out what will happen to Alaska in Chapter 2*



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 3 comments.


on Nov. 13 2018 at 12:39 am
Alaska_Mae101, Non Ya Damn Business, California
0 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Live your life to the best of your ability and maybe you'll go down in history knowing you did the best you could even when life gets hard." ~Alaska Mae~

@The SapphireQuill I am so sorry that I haven't posted lately but I have been rather busy and I am trying my best to make this the best next chapter I can so I am making it 2 or 3 times longer than I normally would. My birthday is tomorrow - Nov. 13 - and I have been spending a lot of time trying to make up work because I have been sick a lot this month so I promise I will make the next chapter better than this one and I shall have posted the new chapter by the up coming Sunday night.

on Nov. 6 2018 at 8:38 am
TheSapphireQuill, New York, New York
0 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
-Mahatma Gandi

Please continue writing! I can't wait to hear what happens next.

on Nov. 6 2018 at 1:56 am
Alaska_Mae101, Non Ya Damn Business, California
0 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Live your life to the best of your ability and maybe you'll go down in history knowing you did the best you could even when life gets hard." ~Alaska Mae~

Please leave a comment and tell me whether or not you liked and if/how I can make it better. I will try and reply to ALL of you and answer any questions you have for me.