Burning Ash | Teen Ink

Burning Ash

June 7, 2016
By Avenfall, Spotsylvania, Virginia
Avenfall, Spotsylvania, Virginia
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We held the line"


Summary:

Before I write down so much as one word, I would like to get it out of the way that I am a huge nerd for science and anything relating to in real life and fiction. I came up with the idea after I finished Star Craft 2 Wing of liberty for the first time. I thought to myself, “Hey I could make a story way better than this”. So, after a long while of developing a story, I came up with Burning Ash. Essentially, it is a large vignette of a novel I want to write. I took the assignment as a chance to get the story started. During the revising of my work, a lot of people thought that the story just ends and I have to explain that it’s just a prologue in my novel. While a lot of my classmates had discontent toward this I like how it just goes like this. I didn’t decide to add on that much to the story because it would take away from the ambience I developed. I was a little dissatisfied with myself that I left many of my characters that I developed silent and that my main focus was on some boy that just came out of nowhere while I was writing. I decided to keep it anyway because I figured it helped with creating the looming dread for the world I was making, and how Zeke stood as the bit of hope on my story. Overall, I feel that it stands as a good opening. After this project I’m definitely going to keep working on it. I would give it about a 7 because I see many details I left out that could be added in to make it better. While I am planning to try, I’m not sure if it is good enough to be published yet. I feel this way because I don’t think my style of writing is well liked by other writers. I’m still going to try it anyway when I’m done with it.


Alexander W.

Burning Ash


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.