Unknown Blood | Teen Ink

Unknown Blood

August 31, 2012
By Kieth, Columbus, Ohio
More by this author
Kieth, Columbus, Ohio
0 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Every day my momma told me to prey for a better life. Until the day my life ended. she she told me to prey harder, because it aint workin.


Author's note: This is just some random ideas a put together. the real inspiration was from an idea i used to have but could never really get out there. Rest in peace Nelo.

Lars ran into the great woods just off the edge of the city. Romania was a very large place but since he was always told to stay in the woods and forest he was never really bothered by the other creatures that lived in it. Humans, demons, angels and other supernatural in witch roamed the world. he frankly was too young to understand yet alone care about. Lars and Nelo were playing hide and seek and while Lars was counting that little fur ball ran out into the valley again.



Nelo is Lars’s best friend in whom he met around the outer edges of the Romanian towns. He has black fur with dark blue eyes and some collar around his neck with a bell. Kind of a dead giveaway for a game of hide and seek so it wouldn’t be that hard for Lars to use his smarts to find him, and when he said smarts he meant common sense. As the silver male padded through the woods of thick vegetation scents of a many filled his lungs like fat kids filled the bellies with cake. Whatever cake was anyway, to his knowledge it was some kind of food that Asterni in their human form ate on special days like birthdays or something. He smelled apples roses and many other things. Since Lars is barely even a year old he had no idea what some of these scents were. Lars had looked like he was only a seven month old pup, Nelo too accept he looked a little girly. Lars told him this often but he just looks at Lars like he was crazy and scoffed at him skipping of somewhere witch doesn’t really tell anyone anything in his defense.



He was an orphan living out in the wilderness of Romania and Nelo has a home and parents in the town in witch Lars never dared to venture too given he wasn’t really sure how other Asterni acted around younger children. His parents both died a few moons ago of sickness and he has been alone ever since just wandering around and eating rabbits or whatever else it was he could possibly scavenge up to eat. The thought of them constantly moaning and crying through the pain often made his skin cringe and his eyes tear up making Lars heave in grief. When they died Lars was alone without the warmth of a mother and the attention he needed as a child, his heart slowly falling into an abyss that would soon take over his self-conscious and young mind.



Lars loved them so much. His mother’s shiny white fur and her red eyes, witch for her kind was rather rare to have. His dad? Well, Lars loved him but honestly they were never really close nor was he ever really around. He worked in a big province called Revinis which Lars had no clue about and he was always gone and never really came back except when Lars’s mother was sick. He never talked about his work and he was so mysterious his secrets had secrets. But because Lars was young and never thought much of it he never really asked about it. After his mother died his dad soon followed after he fell into depression soon leading to his demise.



When they were both gone Lars was simply alone with no one to talk too, that is until he met Nelo on the outskirts of the woods. He was running around trying to catch butterflies and a bunch of other stuff Lars simply couldn’t recall. He was medium sized and kind of funny. After they met Lars and Nelo seemed to become best friends off rip and Nelo always came out into the woods to play with me daily. His parents were in charge of some group and he was free to do whatever he wanted. The kid was spoiled as all hell. But he was still Lars’s best friend and they would always be buds forever. At least that’s what Lars always tried to make myself believe.



Carefully like a predator stalking its unsuspected prey Lars lingered in the darkness of the shadows witch seemed to stretch so enviously across the exotic plains of the valley. The sunlight shining over the horizon as the day slowly came to its end and would soon rise like the endless cycle like death and rebirth. His claws dug in as he lowered his body and crept upon a small trench witch smelled strong of Nelo’s scent.



With steady nerves Lars poked my head into the trench and my his crystalline blue eyes scanned the trench for any sign of him. Oddly enough Lars did not see him in there witch made him rather suspicious. Lars rose and stood there for a moment as a few thoughts pondered in his head. “Maybe he is somewhere else?” Lars said shrugging and beginning to turn around. Suddenly Lars heard a sound that was often something he heard whenever he was around Nelo. A ringing sound? And it was at the very moment Lars remembered the bell around



Nelos neck and that the sound was that. Lars turned around to look for him but instead to his astonishment he was pounced by his best friend into the trench.



“GOCTHA!” Nelo said in a playfully voice as he pinned Lars’s shoulders to the ground and growled in his ear.



Lars’s teeth bared and his hackles rose in frustration as he snapped at his friend.



“What the hell Nelo! You scared me half to death!” Lars snapped.



In a way giggling inside as the infuriation in his voice seemed to cover all signs of happiness that would be visible if only Lars wasn’t so afraid at the moment. Nelo gave a toothy grin and stumbled off of him with his nose up in the air and tail up.



“awww, what’s wrong? Was Lawrsy poo scared?” Nelo teased.



as Lars worked his way up onto his feet. The irritation building in his mind as he looked at Nelo.



“Hey I was not scared!” Lars snapped in his defense, he could tell by the look on Nelos face that he was not convinced.



“Oh yeah?” Nelo said as his gave moved down.



“Then why are your tails all fuzzed up?” Nelo said giving a chuckle.



His eyes turned to Lars’s two tails and saw that it was as frizzed as a dog after getting blow dried. Lars didn’t even look at him as he turned his head and licked his tails making them smooth again. The embarrassment radiating off his back as Nelos gaze stared him down and he laughed at Lars. Soon Lars finished with his tail and turned to Nelo with a scowl on his face.



“I thought we were playing hide and seek, not pouch on me without me knowing.” Lars said with his ears lowered a bit.



Nelo stuck his tough out at Lars and walked up to him, placing a paw on his chest and giving a wolfish smile.



“And why should I wait for my predator to find me when I can turn the tables?”



Nelo looked him in the eyes and rolled his in a joking matter as a grin spread across his muzzle.



“Come on two tails, it’s getting late.” Nelo said turning tail and walking away.



Lars was cooling down but still didn’t feel like talking. So without saying a word he scoffed and walked a good distance behind him. Lars wondered exactly were they were going but didn’t really care enough to ask.





An hour passed and Nelo brought him to their normal hang out area. A small little den surrounded by trees and vegetation. Nelo walked into the dark den and lay down off to the side.



“Lars…can I talk to you?” he said in a low and somewhat worried voice, it caught Lars’s attention since Nelo never spoke in that kind of tone.



It sort of made him wonder what he wanted and forget about the accident that happened a few moments ago. Lars padded up to him and lay down next to him.



“I guess, what is it?” Lars asked a little more far gentle then he really wanted too.



But he ignored this and waiting for Nelo response witch seemed to take a moment to come. There was a rather long silence witch really made Lars wonder what it was he was going to say. Lars opened his muzzle to speak but his words were cut off by Nelo’s.



“Listen Lars, Mother and father are thinking about moving to a place where there are bigger packs and more education. They told me it would be best to get away from here.” Nelo said closing his eyes.



Lars’s eyes flared in shock, he said WHAT? Lars couldn’t even begin to comprehend the news and his thought process was momentarily on the fritz. He was going to leave!? What was Lars going to do now? He was going to be left in Romania with no one to talk too!? Lars stood up and barked at his friend.



“WHAT!? SO YOU ARE JUST GOING TO LEAVE ME HERE!?” Lars barked infuriated by his friend.



Lars did not want to be left alone again and his heart ached at the thought of his best friend leaving him, a tear ran down his eyes and his voice became shaky.



“YOU…You can’t! You can’t just leave me here like this…i….i thought we were friends.” Lars said beginning to breathe a bit hard.



Nelo looked at him and his ears flattened. “I’m sorry Lars, but it’s not my choice, things have been getting bad at home and mother said she wanted to get away from the danger.”

Nelo looked at Lars with his eyes filled with regret.



“We are leaving tomorrow morning Lars…I’m sorry.” Lars growled at turned around walking into the back of the den.



But before he got far he swung around and snapped at Nelo again.



“THEN GET OUT OF HERE! SOME FRIEND YOU TURNED OUT TO BE!” Lars shouted at him angrily as he felt his heart clench within his chest.



Nelo looked at Lars and shock and complete betrayal.



“W- What?” Nelo said scared of Lars all of a sudden.



“You heard me, GET OUT OF HERE! GET LOST!” Lars snapped charging Nelo attempting to scare him off.



To Lars’s surprise it worked at Nelo shot up and ran out of the den into the woods, his bell ringing the whole way.



“AND DON’T COME BACK!” Lars shouted as he turned around and walked back into the den. his heart burning with pain.



He went into the back and lay down, burring his head in his paws as he cried. He had lost his parents and now his best friend. Why was everyone always trying to hurt him? What did Lars do to be so alone? Lars sat in his den in the spot his mother died and cried in her embrace.

The morning was high and Lars had spent his night in the den still angry with Nelo for leaving him. And for telling him at the last minute, He thought of what he said to Nelo and wondered if it was the right thing to say to him. a surge of guilt seemed to have found its way into Lars’s heart as he thought of the hateful things he had said to him and how he drove him out without a second thought. Lars stood up and began to pace around then den thinking. Talking to himself to try and fill the void of silence witch filled the area.



“What does he know anyway, I don’t need him I was doing perfectly fine on my own. Don’t need him, what did he ever do for me?” Lars was trying to convince himself that what he did was right and it wasn’t going to well.



He paused and a tear ran down his eyes again, his nose pointed to the ground as he grieved over the loss of his only friend, the things he had said to him weren’t right and Lars was beginning to understand that now. Lars’s eyes scanned the den and saw a small yellow mass on the ground off to the side. His eyes looked it for a moment and he soon realized that it was his chew toy. A gift was that given to Lars the day he met Nelo. A growl erupted from Lars’s chest from his own frustration that was as of now aimed only at himself. He felt simply horrible now. Guilt was building in his chest as if he were constipated. His mind was like water and agitated and unable to think clearly. His heart was full of regret as he walked up to the toy and nudged it with the tip of his pink nose. The yellow chew toy witch was Lars’s first gift. He had never had a possession before, and even though Lars was no dog he still treasured it.



Lars made a rather sad face as he picked up the toy and it squeaked. His heart seemed to tighten in his chest and he dropped the toy and looked at the ground. He…he needed to make this right, if he didn’t apologize he was going to live the rest of his life in regret and Lars was already a disturbed child. He needed to get this off of his chest before it tore him apart. Slowly standing to his feet he exited the den and made his way to the place where Nelo lived. Lars’s legs carrying him every step of the way with his head down, ashamed of what he had done to Nelo and only hoping that he could find it in his heart to forgive Lars for his rash attitude. Threading carefully through his homeland in which he knew rather well he threaded into the thick forest and wilderness that only Romania seemed to have.



The young Asterni make his way through the valley and the long rivers and soon was close to the area. The Asterni stood there and thought for a moment. Thinking about what the others like him would do if he came in. the Asterni were a human/wolf like race witch possessed special ability’s that were not discovered until ten years of age. The Asterni possessed two forms but some often had three. Their human form, animal form and their alternate form. Lars was born in his animal form so it would be a while before he went through his first phase and turned human for the first time. And even in human form they still has their animal tails and ears giving them a somewhat humanoid appearance. Lars had seen a few other like him and through observation he gathered that each Asterni has their own special characteristics. Some had the form of a hell beast and their backs had menacing spikes that were often accompanied with three eyes or even wings. Witch was kind of scary to Lars since all he had was two tails. Something not common but not surprising.



Lars thought long and hard on how to apologize to Nelo his heart wanting nothing more than to be his friend again. Lars hoped that he hadn’t left already. Lars tipped his head to make a howl but before he could he heard yelling and screaming. His hackles raised and his tail fluffed like the time Nelo had pounced him. His eyes wide as an explosion threw Lars onto his back. Smoke and debris flying in every witch direction and some of it getting in his eyes blinding him momentarily. Lars fell on his back and gasped by the sudden loss of breath and how his ears rang. His head throbbing as if there was a heartbeat in the core of his brain.



“aggg, what the hell just happened?” Lars said staggering to his feet and wiping his eyes with his arm.





A few coughs escaped his black lips as he tried to open his eyes and look around. As he did there was a long silence and in an instant his mind struck. Nelo….Nelo lived were the blast was. Lars’s eyes widened as he looked at the burning trees and a there seemed to be a small mass in the flames as a shadow. Lars squinted and looked into the shadow in the flames. He couldn’t make it out but it looked like a canine figure. Lars backed away with his tail beneath his legs in fear. Scared of what just happened and why. Was Nelo okay? Lars was now hoping he left already. Suddenly a voice called to him through the flames.



“La- Lars.” The voice said as if it were badly wounded. “Lars run….RUN NOW!” then out of no were Nelo dashed out of the flames and bumped into Lars.



Falling to the ground once more he fell and was still panicked. Nelo nudged Lars with his head and pushed, yelling at him.



“RUN LARS GO!” he pleaded in fear as he turned towards the multiple voices getting closer to them. “Lars please come on!”



Lars scared out of his mind jumped to his feet and began to pick up his legs that felt a lot like took picks at the moment. Taking his first step he felt Nelo push at his rear flank and soon Lars was off running with Nelo on his heels. As they ran through the woods witch were thick with smoke and fire that was spreading fast only one thought went through Lars’s mind. What happened? What was going on? Why was Nelo running away? Lars was now in full sprint and he turned his head slightly only to meet Nelo’s eyes. His dark blue orbs disturbed with ear as they ran into the deeper parts of the forest. Parts that Lars had never really been too. They were soon making their way up a giant hill in the middle of the forest. It was step and kind of hard to run up and Lars kept slipping. He turned behind him and saw Nelo was having no issues climbing as he used the trees for leverage and slowly made his way up past Lars. Nelo shot Lars a look that silently said to get his fluffy ass moving.





Looking back and seeing the fire spreading to them at remarkable speeds Lars freaked out and ran up the large sloop without even thinking about it. He passed Nelo who was already at the top but Nelo didn’t run with him. Making Lars pause in his tracks and He drifted forward a bit and turned around to Nelo and saw his chest was moving really fast and he was dizzy because he was walking funny. Lars padded up to him and tried to look him over to see if he had any visible wounds but Nelo simply began to walk forward stumbling all over himself. Lars wanted to talk to him but was hesitant. Finally finding his voice he spoke to his friend.



“Nelo….are you okay? Say something.” Lars said sadly as he licked his friend cheek, witch in their form was normal.



There was a long silence and it took a moment for him to reply. As if there were something stuck in his chest that silenced him. Lars understood that feeling and waited patiently as the fire grew closer as did the voices.



“yeah…I’m fine, but Lars we need to get out of he-“ his words stopped.



Lars was completely caught off guard when suddenly Nelo was being attacked by two Asterni in what looked like their human forms. Lars almost fell back in surprise as the used some kind of a sharp tool to repeatedly hit Nelo. Lars heard his cries of pain as the scent of blood flared Lars’s nose, the sharp objects plunging into Nelos chest and back making him bleed like a pig in the sand. Lars stood there unsure of what to do. He saw Nelo on the ground whining and whimpering as one of the Asterni turned into their animal form. Lars watched as he shifted into a large cat-like creature with spots and a long tail. The Asterni roared and was going to bite Nelos neck. On instinct Lars charged the Aaserni who was far larger than him attempting to help Nelo.



“Get away from him!” Lars yelled





Lars hit the cat and it didn’t seem to even budge. The cat did withdraw its attack from Nelo and focused more on Lars. Witch wasn’t really what Lars wanted at the moment. The cat looked at Lars with its golden eyes. His black fur and white spots looked more fashionable than scary. Then quickly Lars found a set of fangs on his lower spine and he turned around to see the other Asterni in their animal form, witch in this case was a tiger…. A white tiger? Lars snapped these useless thoughts out of his head and tried to pull away but it hurt. Lars withdrew his attack and then a pain in his back shocked his whole body and he fell to the ground as the bones in his back snapped. Lars gasped and his eyes became starry as the tiger threw him off to the side. The both of them now going back to Nelo and tearing him apart. And as Nelo made another painful scream, Lars passed out.



Five minutes after Lars blacked out from the pain and fumes in his lungs. He opened his eyes. His head pounding and his back still wounded. Lars was burning up and when he finally realized that the forest was still on fire right above him. Lars saw this and tried to get on his feet, the wound in his back and his mind telling him to lie down and die. But his friend who lay limp before his very eyes and his heart was telling him to get his ass in gear. Lars used all of the strength in his body to force himself onto his feet, the adrenaline running through his veins and pumping his blood faster as he took slow but fast steps to Nelo. As he approached he saw that he was lying in a pool of crimson red blood witch stained his fur. Lars examined his body and saw his chest was moving slowly and his breath was becoming almost still. Lars’s eyes went down and saw that his neck was slit and almost torn open, supplying most of the blood in which they both now stood in.



Lars panicking inside he nudged Nelo and urged him silently to get up. His heart aching and Nelo opened his eyes and looked at Lars not even moving his head.



“L- Lars?” Nelo said in a fading voice. His throat swallowing.



“Yeah Nelo, I’m here just keep talking. You’re goanna be alright” Lars said gently.



Lars looked at Nelos wounds and saw they were all really deep and that he wasn’t moving a muscle. The shadows closed in on him as the unsuspecting shadows closing in on them as Nelo coughed and closed his eyes and opened them again.



“Lars…ou- our ways separate here.” Nelo said as his eyes grew as dim as a dying star.



Lars looked at Nelo and a tear ran down his eyes. Why would he say something like that? Why would he be so fast to give in? Lars was not willing to give up on him, that’s what friends did, the never gave up on each other.



“NO, DON’T GIVE UP! JUS-…JUST HOLD ON!” Lars said he his eyes became deep with fear and his breathing hardened. Lars saw Nelos eyes close again and more tears ran down his face. He pressed his head into Nelos bloody back and nuzzled his fur. Blood and ears exchanging as Lars held his dear friend tightly.



“Ne- Nelo I’m sorry, I’m sorry okay!? I’m sorry I was such a jerk and a bad friend, just please hold on. You…you can’t leave me alone.” Lars pleaded as the black bloody wolf drew its final words.



“You…are…the…………” Nelos words drew off as his body went limp.



Lars’s eyes widened as he saw Nelo go limp and stop breathing, his chest paused and all the sound seemed to be blocked out as Nelo drew his last breath on this earth. And took his trail into the light. Lars looked at Nelo and shook him with his body weight.



“Ne…Nelo? Nelo wake up.” Lars said crying. “Nelo no…i…this…this isn’t supposed to happen. I said I was sorry, why are you going this? ANSWER ME!” Lars growled as he pressed his face into Nelos neck and lay next to him.



The fire was not a blaze and if Lars didn’t move soon he was going to be lit like the sun. But he lay there at his dead friends side and cried. The moments passing by as if time slowed down for them. Lars stood up and pressed his face into Nelos cheek.



“I’m…so sorry.” Lars said one last time.





Lars looked at Nelos neck and saw that his bell was unattached from his blue collar. Blood stained the golden bell as it did his fur. Lars looked at his best friend and closed his eyes as a tear ran down his face. Leaning down Lars picked up the bell and ran, ran from the fire, ran from his friend and ran from his past. The golden bell ringing with each step he took despite how much pain he was in, he looked back and saw Nelo still lying there as the flames consumed his body and blacked Lars’s view. Lars turned away again and ran deep into the mountains. And in the back of his mind only one thought remained. Revenge.

He remembered that day….he remembered it clearly. The blood and tears that were shed that night had stripped him of happiness and love. He had lost his soul that day; it was consumed by the fire as was Nelos body and his home. His heart knew only shame and his mind was sealed in a prison. A victim of his own mind he cursed himself every day for what happened that night. Some would have said it wasn’t his fault, or that there was nothing he could have done to prevent it. But Lars still felt he was to blame, he felt like it was his fault Nelo was dead. His body now burned with the rest of his home. Lars was still trying to forget about that day, but it seemed that all he could remember.






It’s been years since that faithful night. And Lars has changed and grown up since then, his body moved on but his heart and mind remained in the ashes of his old home. Lars couldn’t seem to remove his thought from that day, every time he closed his eyes he saw fire. Every time he slept he saw him and Nelo playing as kids, but right before he woke up; Nelo would be nothing but a shadow. A memory that would never be forgotten. Lars stood from a large mountain, looking deep into the countryside of the new territory he was about to enter. Lars was indeed much older now and he had finally learned how to turn into his human form. He was about seventeen looking and he was tall with long silver hair with strands of what looked like highlights that reached down to the front of his face. Most of the time covering his blue almost silvery eyes as if there were bangs witch was what they really were. His eyes were a soft sky crystalline blue that seemed to go a sillte ice cold at times and he had a hood on. He was wearing Nelos bell around a string on his wrist and he wore a long coat. His lower region having black pants and boots that came up to the higher parts of his upper leg. His hood was a whitish silver and really stood out in any time of day. His hood covered his eyes as he snuck a smile as he looked of the edge of the mountain down into what looked like a large city.






It was called Tyrima. One of the main cities of the seven regions of the world. Since it was almost always sunny here it was almost as populated as the capital city and held just as many people as well as events. Lars may have spent most of his time away from large populated areas and he traveled mostly to small towns but he saw no reason to see anything bigger. He rubbed the back of his head and let his arms fall to his waist. His long sleeves concealing his hands as he looked like he wore robes. He closed his eyes and let his body fall over the edge of the mountain. The earth beneath him vanished as he fell of the edge and began to free fall through the air. His breath slowing as the rush took his breath away, his cloths and tail flowing through the wind as he slowly reached the ground. His eyes were closed the whole time as he fell for a few minutes. Lars opened his eyes and looked to see the ground before him a black road with people walking on it. Lars’s eyes dilated and he threw his legs down and landed on his feet. A gust of wind escaped his body as he fit the ground firmly and his hood caught up with him and fell over his head.






Lars heard the people around him shout in fear and dome nearly fell back startled. Lars’s tail flicked to the side as he slowly rose dramatically. He loved dramatic entrances, he looked at the people and saw most of them were Asterni. He tilted his head as he looked down the road to the main gates of the city. Some of the people whispering and giving him dirty looked. Most likely not wanting someone like him in their city causing drama and what not. Lars felt the same way to be honest, but his home was burned to the ground along with his best friend. So now a days he couldn’t care less. Lars walked down the road and he could feel the stares burning on his back as each step he took neared him to the gates of the city. As he neared the pearly white gates he looked at the large red door and the two guards in armor guarding it. Lars looked at them as the eyed him suspiciously. Lars paused as he neared the gates and looked at them both. One of them had their hands on their swords witch were on his waist. Lars’s ears were erect in his hood and a growl escaped his chest. Even though he was in human form he still had his wolf tendencies. His tail rose and he eyes them both. Lars may not of had a weapon but he was prepared to fight. For his age he was a very talented fighter, it fan in his family as his father had told him.






The guards took a step back and then exchanged glances. Then one of them spoke.



“Speak your name and business.” The guard said taking his hand away from his sword. Lars calmed himself and lowered his tail as he took a deep breath. He wondered why they needed to know his name.



It seemed kind of silly or maybe it was for security. It made no sense to him why there were so many guards, everywhere he looked he saw large men in gleaming white armor. A bit old fashioned in his taste but word was that each city had a different color for their guards. Lars looked at the man and tilted his head. Lars really needed to work on his social skills because he knew he was going to need it.



“My name is Lars, and I guess I’m just traveling. I was hoping to do some shopping here and meet some people.” He threw in that last part in casually with a smile. Knowing he was lying because he was broke and he had no intones of making friends. The guards looked at me and frowned.



“Sorry sir but we are going to need to check you.” The guard said in a deep voice walking up to Lars and waiting a second to see it he reacted negatively.



Lars watched the man and raised his arms as if he were spreading his wings. The guard who had his face covered with a helmet slowly got closer and began to touch Lars’s legs and worked his way up. Lars twitched a few times as the man touched him. Lars was not comfortable being touched by other males and especially the way he was. Lars felt him reach his hips and then his lower pit witch tickled a bit. He then reached his arms and began to mad for any loose objects that he could have had in his sleeve. When there was a sudden ringing from his sleeve. The guard looked at the small round lump from showed up barely under his sleeve and reach to grab Lars’s sleeve. Once he did he pulled it down to his forearm to reveal a golden bell that was tied to a thread around Lars’s wrist. Nelos bell was engraved on the side of it and Lars almost shed a tear when he saw it. The guard looked at Lars and blinked.



“says here you name is Nelo, why is that?” The guard questioned a bit too far out of line.



Lars had a deep temptation to blasé the guard square in the face for speaking Nelos name. He didn’t have the right or reason to say it. Anger surged through Lars’s mind as he looked at the bell and then the guard. Since he did not reply straight away it most likely made Lars look guilty but he couldn’t care less. His blue eyes looked deep into the guards brown ones and by the look in Lars’s eye it wasn’t hard to tell he was angry. Looking at the golden bell Lars closed his eyes and spoke with a hint of sadness more than anger. If anything there was regret in his tone.



“No, my name is Lars, this bell belongs to…someone I used to know.” Lars said as his eyes lowered as well as his ears and his tail. His voice could have been lying, but his body language said otherwise.






The guard looked at the bell and then Lars and shook their heads, one of them back away and pressed a strange object and the doors slowly began to shake and slid open. Revealing a large cross road with many people of many races seemed to flood the streets. Way too many people in his taste, Lars looked at the guard as he back away and Lars lowered his arms. His black hear hanging over his face as his crystalline ice cold blue eyes eyed the guards as if he were staring through them. The guard looked away and spoke once again.



“Welcome to Tyrima, try not to get into any trouble okay kid?” the guard said stepping aside. Going back to eyeing the rest of the people walking around outside the gates.



It had no crossed Lars’s mind that they probably saw him fall from the mountain. Lars walked forward without giving a second though and entered the city. As he did many scents seemed to be flying around and it kind of through Lars’s sharp sense of smell off. Lars coughed a moment as he walked down through the middle and to the first intersection. Didn’t seem to be and cars or traveling vehicles like he had heard about on his travels. Just a bunch of people walking around going about their day, some of them in pairs and even more of them in groups. Lars was probably the only one there who was alone. Lars put his hands in his pockets and walked through the city. Each step he took seemed to take him no were for this city was fucking huge. He walked for hours and soon came across a very large mall, filled with people and teens that looked about his age just hanging around talking. Some of them Asterni or even angel. He spotted a few of them who had large wings on their backs, walking around and bumbling into tables and what not.



Lars’s tail wagged for reasons unknown to his subconscious mind. He often did not know why his body language said things his face did not. It was however possible to be somewhat exited now with the being in a new place and meeting new people. So Lars understood a bit but not completely. Lars watched as many different type of people exited and entered the mall with their friends laughing and smiling. He felt his heart clench and his fist tighten as he thought of Nelo. The way they were always hanging out and playing together. Lars missed him so much when he heard the bell ring fatedly in his sleeve. He sighed and took a deep breath as he walked forward and past the multiple people standing outside. As he entered he was nearly knocked over as a large group of teen ran by him and to the side of the mall. Lars stumbled and growled at them as they fled to a gathering crowd. All of them speaking rather loudly and pointing up at what seemed like a large arena. Lars looked around and wondered what exactly was going on. Soon after watching nearly half the mall gather around as if they were vultures descending on someone else’s kill his curiosity soon got the best of him and he made his way over to the crowd.



The closer Lars got the more people seemed to get there. And the louder it got. The mall was large and echoed with their voices and their scents. Most Asterni probably felt the same way he did. As Lars’s silver hair hung over his face with his strands giving him that type of shady higher up look his carefully weaved around and found a nice spot in the back of the crowd were he could see the arena. Since Lars was fairly taller than most the people in the crowd he had a good view. Lars watched a black man in what looked like a black suit walking around the stage with his arms open as if he were trying to pep someone up. Kind of stupid to Lars but whatever, people did what they did. He wanted nothing to do with it so he patiently waited for something to happen.



Suddenly the man began to speak, very loudly and it seemed to shut everyone else in the crowd up.



“Ladies and gentleman, Asterni and species of all, you know what’s coming up. The annual tournament of the gates is almost here, and for those of you in the crowd who don’t know what that is, it is a national fighting held only once a year in this beautiful city. Fighters from all around come to be deemed the best of the best. However, there is only one way to get in. you must compete for your spot in the ranks, the very first match will be held tomorrow at noon in the public park. Any riff raff who think they have a shot at winning will have to go through that auditions first. “The man said in a deep and exiting voice, making the crowd talk amongst themselves.



Lars was a bit confused as to why they would hold fights for peoples entertainment. It was in many ways barbaric. Lars watched as some male walked up on the arena and approached the man, he was medium sized and had a good muscle build, stocky and broad shoulders and he had blond hair. He had green eyes and also looked pretty young, Lars tilted his head as he no began to speak. The other guy was standing there looking at him dumbfounded.



“Yeah, and if any of you bitches wanna take me and my crew on, do it right here, and right now. And save yourselves the embarrassment and us the time at the auditions.” The boasted in front of the crowed as if they were hot shots. Were they fucking nuts? Calling people out like that was a good way to get hurt.



Lars blinked a few times and heard some voices and Lars sighed. He was about ready to leave when out of no were some kid about thirteen years of age jumped up on the arena, but the kid didn’t even say anything. The crowd gasped as the kid held out his arm and gave the teenagers a thumbs down, calling them out. Now what was to damn cute even for Lars. He covered his moth to hide his chuckling laughter from everyone else. The crows all just began to laugh at the kid but Lars was simply laughing at the whole idea. That kid had guts no one would have ever seen Lars do something like that. That was more of Nelos style than Lars’s. The kid wore a blue hoody and black shorts. His hair was bluish and it seemed spiked back a bit in a wild type of hairstyle that reflected many peoples hair. Lars looked to see the reaction on the teen face but all that Lars saw was fury and embarrassment. Suddenly Lars heard a loud smack and bones cracking afterwards. Lars heard someone scream and the crowd gasp as the kid hit the ground after being pounded in the face.



Lars at the very second ran up and jumped over the crowd by thrusting his legs up, his own speed matching that of the speed of sound. Soon Lars was in front of the boy who was on the ground and appeared to be crying. Lars’s hood flew down because he moved to fast and his ears were erect and his tails was up with his hackles raised. He could see the surprise in the teens eyes as he stumbled back a bit and the crowd that cheered but as to what Lars did not know. Lars stared at the teen with his ice cold blue eyes and his silver hair hung in his face. The teen then jumped up and tried to kick Lars, by the sight of his aim apparently in the face. Lars cocked and eyebrow and threw his hand out. Catching his foot and using a bit of his strength to flip him over. After Lars did this the teen maneuvered and landed on his feet and went in for a punch. Lars was going to hurt this bastard.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 1 comment.


on Sep. 6 2012 at 7:58 am
Vagabond SILVER, New Delhi, Other
8 articles 0 photos 107 comments

Favorite Quote:
Every end is a new beginning;
What a caterpillar calls an end the rest of the world calls a butterfly;
"Begining are normally sacary endings are normally sad,
it's in the middle which makes life worth living"

O M G wow!!! god i really loved it!! mind checking my book ''a new era'' i would be really glad to recive comments :)