New Generation | Teen Ink

New Generation

February 25, 2012
By Blaah, San Diego, California
More by this author
Blaah, San Diego, California
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live, Laugh, Love


Author's note: I guess wanting to be in the army and the movies I've seen about the military made me write this.

Jeremy's POV

Gun shots went everywhere flying like crazy, my brother, sister, and I stood guarding the captives, we were ordered not to shoot at them unless they ran or tried to attack. We stood there with our black expressions, when a captive got up and made a run for it. My siblings looked at me and I gave them a single nod, my sister turned around and positioned herself, he was already 15 ft. away but my sister was a pro at shooting, as soon as she got her gun up, she pulled the trigger.

BOOM!

I opened my eyes and waited for the alarm clock to go off; I beat it by two seconds. I hit the snooze button as soon as it started to beep. I sat at the edge of my bed fully clothed, the only thing I had to put on were my black high top Nike's and my black Adidas sweater.

I got up and went to the bathroom and washed my face and teeth. I then I looked at my reflection, from a different perspective I looked like a normal teenager. Only I wasn't, I wasn't a normal teenager I was a new generation just like my brother and sister. We were the new generation.

I kept looking at myself and in the mirror, my black medium hair was a mess but I didn't care, and my ice blue eyes were cold as stone, I had an athletic body considering that I've been trained since I was a child, and I was 6 ft. tall.

There were some battle scars on me, but not big enough to be noticed the only one that was noticeable was the one in my arm, but no one knew of that one because I always wore a sweater. No one could know our secret, no one.

There was a knock on my bedroom door; I was instantly in alert mode. I walked towards the toilet and from behind pulled a small gun out, last time I let my guard down I was nearly killed in my own house; no way in hell was I going to let that happen again.

"You don't need to pull the gun out Jeremy, it's me, Gypsy," my sister said quietly but loud enough for me to hear. "Now open up."

I relaxed and put the gun behind the toilet again, I was still in alert mode but I slowly opened my door. Her eyes gave me an emotionless stare, when I noticed that behind her was my brother, Anthony.

"What?" I said in bored tone.

They stared at me with same bored look, but didn't answer. My brother Anthony somewhat resembled me, with same black hair only it was short, but his eyes weren't ice blue but a dark blue, athletic body, and he was 5'11". My sister had black brown hair, blue eyes in between ice and dark, and was work out too, she was 5'5".

We were practically emotionless; you could compare us to rocks. I let them in and they walked in and sat on my bed. I stared at them; they had their dog tags around their neck. I walked over to my wardrobe and found it underneath a book and started to put it around my neck.

Even though we weren't supposed to let anyone know who we were, it was a strict order for us to wear it just in case there was an emergency and we needed to be deployed. After I was done putting my dog tags on, I went over to my bed and put my Nike's on and then pulled my sweater over my head covering my tight white V-neck shirt.

I looked over at my siblings; they were staring out the window blankly. Anthony wore a tight black long sleeve shirt, with dark jeans and high top Vans. Gypsy wore her hair down to the side, with a white tank top, beige shorts, and white converse.

"Kids, come get your breakfast," Our 'mother' called.

And the reason I say with quotes is because she is our guardian, but doesn't know about us, at all.

"Coming," we all said unison and headed out to the kitchen, where Alexandra was happily moving around like a ball of sunshine.

I honestly don't understand how she can be so happy with all the chaos we cause at school and besides that the way we mysteriously disappear every now and then. We ate in silence, Alexandra babbling on about how she got a promotion or some crap like that. We smiled at her with no humor, and then she told us she was leaving and literally skipped out the door.

"How sad," Gypsy said, of course she didn't feel sorry at all. "Her happiness might not last long, but who am I to say how long her happiness will last?"

We didn't answer, and started pick on our food. We were all lost in our thoughts.



Anthony's POV

We were only picking on our food, as soon as Alexandra went out the door the mood in the room changed, we were back to our statue selves. It was then Jeremy got up and picked up his books.

"Time to go," he said in a bored voice, and headed out the kitchen.

Gypsy and I followed behind; we didn't really care what time we got to school our record would always get clean by the government. That was until they got tired of us and decided to get rid of us. We weren't at point though, well at least not yet, but there was a trespasser that tried to kill Jeremy a couple months ago since then we've staid alert just in case another dumb ass decided to attack us.

When I locked the door behind me, Gypsy and Jeremy were already in the black convertible waiting. As soon as I got in Jeremy sped down the street before I could even close the door, I didn't worry though we were trained for this kind of stuff.

When we arrived at school everyone turned around, we were pretty much the center of attention since we never ever tried to make friends. I got out as soon as Jeremy parked the car, and let the seat down so that Gypsy could get out. I offered her my hand but she looked at it blankly and got out herself, I dropped my hand and waited for Jeremy to stand on the other side of our sister.

We might be right out heartless but we still looked out for each other, that's what family does, don't they? I wouldn't know we never had actual parents we were orphans. Actually, we also sometimes took care of bullies and jocks when they pick on kids who can't defend themselves. As soon as Jeremy was next to us we walked in together ignoring the greetings, stares, compliments, and dumb offers we got.

We walked over to our lockers, the school was told we had to have our lockers next to each other, I put away two books I didn't need until after lunch. I looked inside my locker faking that I was looking for something but I was actually listening around to tell Jeremy if there was a black code.

All I heard was 'he looks hot in that black shirt, makes his abs look so eatable' or 'I would so do the Boorda brothers', and all that crap. I closed my locker and looked at Jeremy who looked at me and I shook my head, he gave a single nod and we were on our way.

Well we were until replicas of Barbies' stopped us. "OK so, like, we just wanted to know if you were, like, free this afternoon to do some after school studying, if you know what I mean?" She was directly talking Jeremy but there was another replica of Barbie standing way to close to me. I guess she thought it would turn me on or some s*** like that.

I took a step back causing her to slightly stumble. She faked pouting. "Aw, don't be shy I will try my best to get a good grade." She said running a hand up and down my body.

I looked at her blankly. "I'm not shy," a smile appeared on her face, "I'm repulsed, or disgusted if you know what I mean?"

Her smile disappeared and I heard Jeremy say. "I'm repulsed as well."

There was disbelief in their faces, but we paid no attention. We went to our classes; it was inevitable to get the same schedule but we didn't make any drama about it, we never did, the only class we had gotten together was physical education. I walked into my first class, Physics; I sat down on my usual spot all the way in the back and in the corner next to the windows. We didn't need to be here we had passed school when we were in training when we were supposed to be in when we were supposed to be in elementary school.

They started getting us into school as soon as we were able to talk, they put us in special programs and as soon as we supposed to be in grade 5, we were in 8th grade. We graduated high school at the age of 14 but we were assigned to act as 'normal' teenagers, but we didn't know how so we kept acting like we were raised, heartless and uninterested.

I was really into my thoughts, I didn't notice when someone sat down next to me, until the bell rang and I faced the front. I looked at her, why was she sitting here? I've been sitting alone for the entire semester.

She must have I noticed that I was staring at her because her green eyes were soon looking into mine. "Uh hi, I'm Kayla, what's your name?" She said extending her hand.

I gave her a blank expression, and turned my head to look at the teacher. When she saw that I wasn't going to answer, she put hand down and muttered the words. "Ass wipe."

I fought so hard against myself so that I wouldn't look at her again; this was the first time a girl hasn't tried to get my number or tried to get me down their pants.

The class went by quick and when it rang I took my time getting my stuff. I heard something fall to the floor.

"Crap," the girl said lowly as she bent down to pick her book up. I looked at her and saw how she picked her book up having a good grip so that it wouldn't fall again. When she saw me looking at her, she frowned. "What are you looking at?"

"You obviously," I said in a bored tone.

She rolled her eyes. "No s***, dumb ass." She said, picking up her books from her side of the desk and walking out without looking back. She was rather odd.



Gypsy's POV

I walked to the cafeteria alone, my brothers were somewhere around campus coming to the cafeteria only I was earlier than them because my class was closer to it. I walked with my books in hand, when a jock stopped in front of me. Here we go.

"Hey there Gypsy," The jock said with a flirty smile.

"What do you want?" I said in a bored tone.

"Well I was wondering if you and I could hang out after school?" he said.

I gave him a blank stare. "No," I said and walked away.

He didn't even get to answer because I was already inside the cafeteria in the lunch line. Of course we don't eat here but we had to look as 'normal' as possible. When I got a sandwich with some orange juice I went to sit at the table we always sit. All the way to the back, near the exit by the window.

I put my books on the table and sat down putting my back to the crowd; I put the tray down as well and unwrapped my sandwich. I slowly started to pick on the sandwich, I was really bored we haven't been called for a mission and the truth I was starting to feel a little irritated.

"You know you really shouldn't do that," a male voice said.

I didn't notice he was there and I suddenly on alert mode; I snapped my head at him and put my deadliest face. "Who the hell are you?" I said calmly.

He was holding on to his tray of food and he took one of his hands off it and raised it up taking a step back. "Hey, I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you, I just thought you knew better than waist food seeing there's people who don't have any."

I stared at him, I felt sudden annoyance. "That's their problem not mine." I said calmly.

He frowned at me and shook his head. "Can you be any more heartless?"

"Actually I can," I said. "Now walk away before you end up in the hospital, you're starting to annoy me."

He rolled his eyes. "Heard that before," he said and walked away.

I turned my head back to my sandwich and started to pick on it again, when I heard chairs move across the floor, I didn't need to raise my head to know it was my brothers. They put their books on the table as well and started picking on their food as if was the most fascinating thing in the world.

"Who was the guy?" Jeremy asked without looking at me.

I shrugged. "Some dumb ass telling me not to pick on my food, because there were others out there that needed food."

"Hm," was the only thing he replied and it was back to silence for about 5 minutes, when we heard trays falling down and shouting.

I didn't need to look up and nor did my brothers, to let us know that there was either a fight gonna happen or someone was being picked on. I looked up to see Jeremy's face; he was facing the scene and looked pretty bored.

"I told you to give you damn money, you wuss!" shouted a girl.

"I don't have any, it was my lunch money." A smaller softer voice said.

I heard smacking sound, and the cafeteria went silent. I heard sobbing coming from the girl and insults coming from the other one. I was still looking at my brother waiting for him to approve that I go help the girl, when he saw me looking he nodded once and I was up in an instant.

My chair made no noise and nobody noticed, except for the guy who went to talk to me. He followed me with his eyes. When I reached the bully I noticed she was pretty fit but not as much as I was, and she wore dark jeans and a black tank top, with some black toms.

"You are a good for nothing piece of s***!" The bully spat.

The girl cringed, and the bully was up for another hit. I caught her hand before she made any movement. "Leave her alone." I said in an ice cold and bored tone.

The bully looked at me. "Or what?" She said.

I gave her my deadliest and darkest look. "You're going to regret it." I said in a dangerous voice.

She seemed to hesitate at this and I thought she would back out with a fight, boy I was wrong. With her free hand she tried to swing at me, it was all in slow motion I dodged the punch and I was my free hand a hit scare in the jaw, there was a cracking sound and she yelled in pain.

I had broken her jaw. There were two guys standing next to her now. "You b****, you broke her jaw!" said one of them.

I didn't reply I was too busy waiting for what was coming. Another girl came and took her straight to the nurse, while the two guys started to gang up on me, I was calm and bored. They were even a foot away from me when my brothers jumped in.

"Touch her," Anthony threatened. "And we swear on your lives you will wake up in a death bed."

The guys didn't even pay attention to what he had said and started to swing; the fight didn't even last 30 seconds before they were punched in the face as well and unconscious.

Jeremy's POV
The silence was broken when a loud deep voice boomed through the doors. "Boorda siblings with me, now," He boomed.
I turned my head to see my adopted grandfather; he was just as cold as us unless we were worse. He silver hair was cut into a crew cut, he wore his uniform, and the cut that went down his left cheek made him look more intimidating than he was.
"Good to see you too, grandfather." I said coldly.
"Cut the crap and move," he said in a serious voice, turning on his heel and heading out the door.
Everyone stared at us quietly as we one by one left the cafeteria, I looked back at the two guys before I left and slowly made my way out. As soon as I was out I turned around the corner to follow the Major and my siblings, I crash into someone.
"Ouch, I just crash into something fricking hard." She said.
I looked down to see a girl wearing a red turtle neck sweater, and some baggy jeans. Her hair was brown but frizzy, and she wore some granny glasses. I didn't help her up, I just stared at her. She looked up.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you." She said.
I said nothing; she looked at me from the floor. As soon as she saw that I wasn't going to say anything or help her up she let out a sigh. "What a jerk, I apologize and he stands there like a turd." I heard her say under her breathe as she got up.
I turned to walk away, when she spoke up. "An apology would be nice you know." She said.
I turned my head and saw slight frown on her face. "Why should I have to apologize to you were the one who ran into me?"
She frowned. "Well you're the one who came out of nowhere," She said. "And I gave you an apology so at least you should say you're sorry as well."
I looked at her. "I do not owe you an apology, it was an accident and we both bumped into each other so there is no need for me to apologize, and I didn't ask you to apologize."
She was about to say something again when she was suddenly pushed against the wall. "Loser get out of his way, you're nobody here."
I looked at the person who had pushed frizzy girl. She had stuff plastered all over her face and wore clothes that were not even her size; it made her look like she was from the corner.
"What is your problem? I've never done anything to you." Frizzy girl said.
Wannabe Barbie snorted at her. "Nothing I just dislike you for being ugly."
I looked ahead of me; I needed to leave to catch up to my grandfather or else I would suffer the consequences.
"Hey there want to have some fun?" and then again I was held back with this wannabe.
I stood there staring blankly at her. "No."
I walked around to leave, when I heard the girl scoff and push frizzy girl towards me. She tripped and landed on top of me crashing her head against my chest.
"Ow," Frizzy girl said. "Why did you push me? I didn't do anything."
I heard the girl snicker. "Because I don't, duh."
I looked down to see frizzy girl holding her head and had her eyes closed. "Damn it, I hit my head again."
When did she hit her head, I thought, and why am I even wondering? I looked at the girl who had straightened herself out and was about to walk away when wannabe pushed her again and made her fall to the floor and hit her head.
I heard her groan, I looked back at the other girl who was smirking, and she then turned to me and flipped me off and walked away twitching. I looked back down.
"When did you grow spots?" She blurted.
Great, I thought, now I have to help to the nurse.
"Corporal, I expected you to follow me not to get in a middle of a fight!" I heard the Major say.
I stood up straight and put my hands behind my back and stared ahead of me. "I wasn't getting in a middle of a fight, sir."
The Major snorted. "Right, take her to the infirmary she looks bad."
"Yes sir." I said and then saluted him.
I knelt down next to frizzy girl, she was now unconscious. I walked swiftly away with her, when I reached the infirmary the nurse was suddenly alert.
"What happened?" She asked walking quickly towards us.
"She was pushed and hit her head." I said.
She shook her head. "She hits her head one more time and she'll be having a concussion, this can't go on like this." The nurse said in a worried tone.
I said nothing; this wasn't my problem so why care? The nurse told me to put her on the bed and thanked me; I said nothing and walked out. Outside my brother and sister were already waiting for me. Anthony was leaning against the wall with his eyes closed and his arms crossed a scowl on his face. Gypsy was looking up at the sky with a thoughtful look.
"Where is the Major?" I asked, with a bored tone.
"He left," Gypsy said, not looking at me. "He said we had a mission, and it doesn't involve going to another country."
"Then what does it involve?" I asked I hated getting mission that didn't allow us to leave the country.
I heard Anthony sigh. "We are to protect 3 strangers." He said.
I felt a scowl on my face. "Why? We are the combination of Elite Rangers, Delta Force (Army Compartmented (Secret) Elements (Unit), or ACE), Black Ops, and Green Berets. We're elites, why should we look after strangers?"
We were a combination of all this, we used unlimited guns like M4 5.6mm Carbine, MP-5 9mm Submachine gun, M24 Sniper Rifle, M249 Squad Automatic Weapon (saw), M9 Berretta 9mm Pistol, and so on. We spent 61 days in training to be Elite Rangers, and we are sent into mission by land, sea, and air.
In ACE we do the dirty work, we take care of the terrorists, we were black ops, we rarely work with any other groups, and we are specialized in parachute assaults.
In Green Berets we conduct stealth raids and ambushes, we are trained for guerrilla war, sabotage, and subversion, and we learn a foreign language. We are consisted of 12 members in the group but we are a new generation of combining three special operation forces so we don't need the group just us.
I looked at Anthony. "Who are we to take care of?" I asked.
He looked at me, giving me a blank stare. "I don't know we'll find out later on today."



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.