heavenly love | Teen Ink

heavenly love

By girlygirl951, west salem, Ohio
girlygirl951, West Salem, Ohio

you cant judge a book by the cover or whats written on the outside. you have to read the inside to fully understand it.

A light shined upon me. I saw a man so beautiful in his own way float down, but once he was close enough I realized he wasn’t floating down. His wings were flying him down. He reached a hand out to mine and pulled me up. I then could finally see his face. Light blue eyes that looked so heavenly. Dark blonde hair that highlighted his face. We then were on the ground. I felt his wings. So soft and gentle. Each feather could be seen. They all were as white as the snow. He made me feel safe in the world. He took me up from the hell I feel. He held me in his arms and flew high into the sky. Through the clouds we went. He released all the bad thoughts from my mind and body. He showed me the good in the world that god created. We flew over the bright blue waters to the mountains in which god steps created. Then we flew back to my house.
He set me down on my bed and closed my eyes. He kissed me with his soft lips and in which I fell into a deep sleep. He set my head down on my pillow and kissed my forehead. He spread his white angelic wings and took flight. Then he disappeared into the soft white clouds. During my peaceful sleep I started to hear a soft faint voice.
“Christina, wake up,” the voice said. Then it grew into a loud yell. “Christina, wake up. It’s the first day of school!” I woke up startled. I rubbed my eyes and saw my mother standing by my bedside. “Good morning sweetie. When you’re done getting ready come downstairs for breakfast,” she said. Then my mom left the room. I slipped out of my tank top and shorts into my first day of school outfit that I picked out. I did my makeup and waved my hair. I was wearing my favorite pair of blue jeans I bought with a light purple ruffled shirt. I put a bow in my hair and headed downstairs. I sat with my mom at the table.
We finished eating our breakfast and my mother drove me to school. I told her to have a good day at work and went inside the school. I walked up and down the hallways looking for my locker. My locker was 208 and I couldn’t find it. I started to read some of the locker numbers down the main hallway. Until bumped into someone and knocked their books down.
“Oh, sorry,” I said looking at the person. He looked kind of familiar but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it.
“It’s ok,” he said. I helped him pick up his books. “You must be new here. Hi, I’m Alex,” he said while standing up.
“Alex? Alexander Yates right?” I asked. I was smirking. He looked at me with a what the heck expression on his face. I knew Alex. He was my best guy friend. Of course though he didn’t recognize me at all.
“Um, do I know you from somewhere?” he asked.
“Oh really, you don’t remember me! Come on think about it. I’m wearing a bow in my hair. My hair is brown, but I got highlights. Who were you friends with last year that wore this kind of stuff?” He put his finger on his lips and thought. Then I saw him smile really big.
“Oh my, Christy! I can’t believe I forgot about you! You look good though,” then he gave me a hug. We started to talk more and he helped me find my first period. The funny part was that we both had first period together.

Mr. Finn sat us in our assigned seats for the year. I sat next to my best friend, Maci and Alex. Mr. Finn gave us review sheets to get our brains going. Then we would start our advanced math homework. He said that we could work with partners so I worked with Maci. We said hi and told each other about our summers. I hugged her and then I started to tell her about my dream.
“So you had a dream that an angel flew you into the sky and then rested you on your bed, and you fall asleep in the dream?” Maci asked me.
“Yeah, and I actually really liked the dream. It was peaceful,” I said. Then I looked over at Alex.
“Well, I’m going to work on our math assignment,” then Maci started solving a problem using factoring. After she started to explain it to me I toned her out. I was too busy looking at Alex. He was working with his best friend Dave. He looked really good this year. He must have grown because he is a lot taller. He waved hi at me and I waved back. Then I noticed a glow around him. It almost looked like the one from my dream. I rubbed my eyes and looked again. The light it was … gone. Vanished into the thin air and just left him there. Then the bell rang.
I went to my locker to get my writing class notebook. I love writing class so much. I wanted to be a writer for a newspaper article some day. I looked in my locker for it and I couldn’t find it. Then I heard Alex close his locker.
“Hey Alex, have you seen my writing notebook? I can’t find it anywhere,” I asked him.
“Is that it on the ground near your feet?” he asked. I looked down and saw it and picked it up.
“Thanks,” I said. Then I went off to find my next class. I went down the main hallway and found Mr. Rennerals classroom. I sat in the front row and noticed that there were a lot of older teens in the class room. Mr. Rennerals silenced us all. Then he started to speak.
“Good morning class. I am Mr. Rennerals your writing teacher. I would say your tenth grade teacher, but we have two advanced students from the ninth grade. They are Mrs. Christina Woods and Mrs. Kate Briceson,” he said to the class. He gestured for us to stand up so we did. I knew we would be in writing class together but I didn’t think we would be advanced. He gestured us to sit down and then told the class to open our notebooks and write a short story so he could see what we like to write about. I opened my notebook up and saw a note on the first page.

I read the note and smiled. Alex wrote a note inviting to me his costume party on Friday. I started to write my short story and think about what I was going to dress up as for the party. I wrote a story about two best friends who loved each other, but they never admitted it to each other. Finally at the end the girl told him how much she just wanted to be loved and he told her that she was the most beautiful thing in the world to him and they kiss.
During class Mr. Rennerals made us pass in our stories and read mine to the class. I bunch of girls cried and guys just sat there with blank expressions. At the end of the story everyone clapped and the bell rang. I walked back to my locker so I could find him. I went there and waited for him to come. Finally a minute later he came. He high fived me and opened his locker.
“Hey, how did you get my notebook?” I asked him. He started to smile while opening his locker.
“It fell out of your book bag this morning,” he said. “So, are you going to come?”
“Yeah, sounds like fun! What are you going to dress as?” I asked him. He grabbed a new folder and notebook from his locker and shut it. Then he smiled at me and walked away. I guess I’d have to wait for the party on Friday. I started to walk to 3rd period when Maci grabbed my arm and dragged me to the ladies room. Usually she would do this to tell me something she heard about me or if she was having boy trouble.
“Christy, there’s a rumor that Alex likes you!” Maci said a little too loud. I shushed her and calmed her down.
“Maci, we are just friends. I don’t like him and he doesn’t like me. At least I don’t think so,” I said to her. Now that she mentioned it I started to think about it.
“Well anyway did you get an invite to his party Friday?” she asked while showing me her invitation. I shook my head yes. “Well, what are you dressing up as?” she asked me.
“I don’t know yet,” I said as we started walking to our 3rd period class. She told me all about this guy she met and how hot he supposable he was. I was too deep in my thoughts to care though. I wasn’t sure about my feelings toward Alex. I didn’t even think he liked me at all. I shook it off so I could focus in history… maybe.
Class began and Mrs. Peters started telling us the rules and a little bit about the class. I tried to focus but what Maci said was still on my mind. I didn’t think I liked him that way. I was pretty sure he didn’t like me either. Of course we had this class together to. He sat in the front with his friend Brady. I looked over at him and thought about it. I heard Mrs. Peters say to the class that she wanted to go around the room and have us tell her our names and something about ourselves, so I stopped looking at him and waited for my turn.
After we were all done with that I started to write what I could possibly dress as for the party in my notebook. I still couldn’t focus then, so I flipped the page and started to draw angels and hearts. That started to make me think about my dream. I loved it and yet I never understood it. I didn’t even know why I had it. Light bulbs started to flash in my head. Why don’t I be an angel for the party!

After school I walked upstairs and went online to look for the perfect angel costume. I went through what seemed like a hundred websites until I found the perfect one. I ordered it and headed downstairs to tell my mom about the party. She said it was ok just as long as I was home by midnight. She started to set the table for dinner so I grabbed the chicken she made and put it on the table.

We started to eat dinner and my mother told me about her new position at work. She talked about the advantages she gets and how much more she’s getting paid. My mother then had some very interesting news for me also.

“Christy, I have some very exciting news for you,” she said. She smiled really big at me. “Your brother Simon is coming back from college to stay with us!” she shouted. My mouth dropped open. I hadn’t seen my older brother in a year since he went to live with our dad to save money since his college was close to where he lived. I was excited but at the same time I was nervous.

“How long is he staying?” I asked still in shock. She opened her blackberry and looked at the text from Simon.

“Just a month,” she said. I shut my mouth. I didn’t know what to think. Whether this would be a bad thing or a good thing. So much news was dropped on me today. My mother could tell I wasn’t sure about this.

“So how was your first day honey?”

“It was good. A lot happened today. Also I was so advanced in writing class that they put me in the 10th grade writing class,” I told my mother.

“That’s awesome honey,” my mom said.

“Hey mom, can go to my room now? I’m not that hungry,” She let me leave the table. I went into my room to think about everything.

I lied down on my bed looking at the ceiling. I couldn’t believe what I found out today. My brother coming home and the fact that Alex might like me. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know how I felt. My stomach started to turn. My head started to fill with questions that started with what if? What if my brother hated my guts because I stayed with mom? What if Alex and I broke up? Would we still be friends? What if, what if, what if? That’s all I thought. Until I heard my cell phone ring. I picked it up and read the number. I didn’t know it so I answered it.

“Hello,” I said into my phone.

“Hey Christy, its Alex,” he said. At first I bit my lip so I didn’t say anything stupid.

“Oh, hey what’s up?” I said while turning on my stomach.

“I kind of need some help on my math homework,” he said. I let out a sigh of relief.

“Sure, which problem?” I said while walking over to my bag to get my math homework. After I helped him we started to talk for a long time. He told me about his summer and I told him about mine. He made me laugh so much. I took a look at the timer on my phone.

“You know we’ve been on the phone for two hours, right?” I asked him.

“So? I like talking to you?” Alex said to me. I smiled on my end.

“How come you won’t tell me what you are going to dress as for the party?” I asked him. He laughed.

“It’s a surprise. No one knows,” he told me.

“You are such a jerk!” I shouted. He started to laugh more.

“Sorry, you’ll have to wait. Well, I have to go. Its ten so, night!” he said to me.

“Night,” I said. Then we hung up. I lied there with a big smile on my face. Maybe Alex wouldn’t be a bad boyfriend after all. Maybe I should give him a chance. I shut my eyes and pictured us together. We looked pretty good. I turned the lamp by my bed off and shut my eyes to go to sleep.

I walked to the mail box after my bus dropped me off at my house. My package finally came with my costume. I ran inside the house really excited up to my room. I started to do my makeup when I got a call from Alex. I answered it and put him on speaker while I put my eyeliner on.

“Hey Christy, I was wondering if you could come earlier to help me decorate?” he asked me.

“Sure, what time do you want me over?” I asked him well using my eyeshadow brush to blend my crease color.

“How does six o’ clock sound?” he asked me.

“Sounds good. I’ll just have my mom drop me off. Well, I have to go finish getting ready so, I’ll see you there!” I said. I got more excited cause’ I get to spend some time with him alone before the party got started.

“K, see you there,” he said. After he hung up I did my hair and put on my costume. It was already five thirty. I took a look in the mirror. I thought that I looked damn good. Before I left my room I put my makeup back in my purse. I took my purse with me. I walked downstairs to tell my mom that I had to go. She told me I looked beautiful. She grabbed her car keys out of her purse and drove me to Alex’s house.

I walked up the door. I grabbed my mirror in my purse and checked my makeup. I looked good. I rang the doorbell and waited for him to answer the door. The door opened and Alex was dressed as an angel to. He took one look at me and his jaw dropped open.

“Wow Christy, you look… awesome,” he said.

“We match yay!” I said.

“Um, yeah we do,” he said to me awkwardly. He let me inside. His house looked very nice. He had already gotten the stereo system set up and the food. He told me to set up streamers for the party. As I started to hang the streamers I thought about why Alex thought it was weird that I said we matched. After all we were both dressed as angels.

An hour later a bunch of people started to arrive. Of course though Maci wasn’t here yet. She was always fashionable late. I decided to hang out with Alex and his friends. Brady was telling the funniest jokes so we all were laughing really hard.

“I love Alex’s angel costume,” I told him and his friends. They all looked at me weird. Alex looked worried though.

“Um, Christy Alex is slim shady,” Brady said. I took a look at Alex. He was clearly an angel.

“I know that. I was just kidding,” I said to them. I didn’t’ want to look like a weird idiot. They all started to laugh but Alex still looked worried. He started to rub the back of his neck and join his friends. I looked around and saw Maci. She was dressed as a fairy. I walked over there and pulled her away from this guy she was talking to.

“Maci, is Alex dressed as an angel?” I asked her. She leaned her head so she could see over my shoulder.

“Christy, he is dressed as slim shady,” she told me. “Are you sure you aren’t looking at the wrong guy?”

“I’m sure I looked at the right guy. Anyway you look good,” I told her.

“You look pretty to,” she told me. “Now if you accuse me I’d like to go talk to Zach,” then she walked back over to the guy she was talking to. I stood there in confusion. I didn’t understand why I was seeing Alex dressed as an angel. I rubbed my eyes and looked over at him again. He still looked like an angel. He had really realistic wings on. I felt like running. I didn’t understand what was going on.

“Christy, can I talk to you?” I heard Alex say. I turned around. I was taunted by what I was seeing. He still looked like an angel. My eyes, they must have been playing tricks on me. Then all of a sudden I saw the same light surround him like the one from my dream.

“Sure,” I said to him. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up the stairs. He opened the door to his bedroom and shut it. My heart started to pound and my hands started to shake. I hid them behind my back so he didn’t see them. He looked at me and then down at his shoes. He started to rub the back of his neck again.

“So, um, what did you want to talk about?” I asked him. He looked back up at me.

“I just wanted to thank you for the help today,” he said.

“Oh, you’re welcome,” I smiled at him. My hands stopped shaking and my heart relaxed a little.

“Christy,” he said as he grabbed my hand. My heart started to pound again. “Listen I just wanted to tell you that…,” he paused and bit his bottom lip. “That I like you, a lot,” butterflies in my stomach started to form. I didn’t know what to say. Then I remembered that I did like him and he was my best guy friend. I told myself to just trust him. I looked into his eyes and smiled. He started to pull me closer to him. I rapped my arms around his neck and we kissed just for a second. It felt magical and sweet. He was soft and gentle with me in his arms. I felt as if he would never hurt me. Then he started to kiss me more passionately. I loved it and I never wanted to stop, but he did. He leaned his forehead against mine. “So, I take this as a yes to if you want to go out with me,” he said while smiling. I laughed and kissed him on the lips.

“I never knew that you felt this way about me,” I told him. He smiled some more.

“Well now you do,” he said. He hugged me and let me out of his arms. He kissed my forehead and we headed back downstairs holding hands. I noticed though that the glow I saw around him got really bright. I still didn’t understand why I saw him as an angel but I was way too happy with what just happened.

It was the day that my brother Simon was coming home. I sat in my room listening to my mp3 and writing in my diary about what happened at the party yesterday. I was just about to write about the part when Alex and I kissed until my mother came in, so I shut my diary really fast. I took my headphones out and asked her what she wanted.

“Do you want to come to the airport with me to get your brother?” she asked me. I thought about it for a minute.

“I’d rather stay home and relax. I’ll make his bed for him if you’d like?” I asked her.

“That’s fine. Just make sure you change the sheets,” she told me.

“K, bye mom,” I said. She shut the door and left while I went back to writing in my diary. I turned my mp3 off because I was having a flashback of the kiss. I really wanted him to kiss me now. His lips were so sweet and soft. His hands were soft and gentle against my body. I longed for him to hold me. I sat there on my bed wishing he was here with me to hold my hand. Coming back to earth I heard something knocking on my window. I walked over to my window and saw Alex sitting there on the roof. I opened my window.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him. He crawled into my room.

“I came to see you. I just couldn’t quit thinking about you,” he said.

“So you climb up on my roof to my window? I have a front door you know,” I said to him.

“I knocked and you never came. I saw you from your window so I climbed up,” he told me while trying to kiss me.

“Wait how did you get up here? I’m on the second floor,” I told him. He looked down at his feet and then back up at me.

“My brother had a latter with him from a job he did,” Alex said while looking down at his feet again. I felt like he was lying or hiding something from me.

“Okay,” I said. I kissed him on the lips. He held my hand. Then he started to kiss me some more.

“So, how are you?” he asked me.

“Good, I was just missing you,” I told him. He hugged me.

“Well, I’m here now,” he hugged me again and started to kiss me again. He put his arms around my waist and I put mine around his neck. I felt so safe in his arms. I never wanted to leave them. Every time we touch I felt a spark. We stopped kissing and he looked me in the eyes.

“Have I ever told you how pretty your eyes are?” he asked me.

“Nope, you never have,” I said. We just stood there and starred into each other’s eyes. I felt a connection with him in that moment. Also I saw him look like an angel. Then I looked down and back up to him. Still he looked like one. He even had the glow from before only it was even stronger than the last time. It’s like every time I see him that glow gets brighter. I shook my head in my hands. I felt Alex grab my hand and hold it tight.

“What’s wrong babe?” he asked me. He hugged me and held me tight. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

“I can’t. It’s stupid and you’ll think I’m crazy,” I told him. I still was crying and confused.

“You can tell me anything babe,” he said. At first I just felt like leaving the room but I decided to tell him.

“Well Alex, when I look at you I Always see you as a angel,” I stopped there and looked at his face. He was still looking at me. “And well, when we kiss, touch, or even look at each other there’s this glow I see. Its gets stronger every time I see you,” I told him. I started to cry and he let me go from his arms. My tears started to drip on the floor.

“Christy, I wish I could tell you the truth but I can’t,” he said. I looked up at him now. He looked upset to. Actually he was crying.

“Why Alex?” I asked him. He looked at me and opened his mouth to speak. Until I heard my door open.

“Hi Christy!” I heard Simon shout. I turned around and he saw me crying and Alex. He came over and hugged me with a big bear hug.

“Christy, I should go,” he said. I heard him leave out my window and shut it. I stood there in my older brother arms crying. I felt so confused and misunderstood. I didn’t know if Alex and I were together anymore. I felt as if he wanted me to be hurt. My heart felt like it was ripped into many pieces. Why couldn’t he tell me the truth? I would rather feel the pain of him leaving me and calling me crazy then him hiding something from me. I just stood there and cried. Alone with my brother who just came home.

Later that night after Simon calmed me down we ate dinner with my mom. Simon never mentioned anything about Alex to my mom cause’ he knew I was hurt and that my mom would kill me. I ate in silence with Alex on my mind. I felt broke and left in wonder. I was drowning in my own thoughts of him. I just wanted to see his smile again. I just wanted to feel his touch again. I just wanted to be loved. I sat there wishing for the soft touch of his lips against mine.

I lied there in my bed that Saturday night feeling broken. All my mind could do was think about the boy I loved. All I did was play what happened today in my head over and over again. His words lingered in my mind. “Christy, I wish I could tell you the truth, but I can’t,” repeated over and over. I started to cry and sob from the pain I felt. I heard my window open but I didn’t get up. I just starred at the wall. I didn’t care if it was Alex or not. Even though I hoped it was. I felt the bed move and a arm on my waist. Yep, it was Alex alright because I felt that spark he gives me. I turned my head to look at him. The moon light was shining on him from the window. He smiled at me and wiped my tears away. I smiled back. He kissed my forehead and held me closer.

“Hey babe,” he said to me.

“Hey,” I said.

“Listen I’m sorry about earlier. I still love you and I don’t want to let you go,” he said while looking in my eyes. I could tell he really meant it.

“I still love you to, and I don’t care if you tell me or not. I just want to be with you,” I told him. He smiled at me and I smiled back. He brushed my hair with his hand and I kissed him on the lips. That night he stayed with me and we talked about all the stuff we love about each other. It was the first time I felt wanted and loved.

“Hey babe, I brought you white roses. I set them on your table over there by your dresser,” he said to me while holding me in his arms.

“Thanks,” I said. We starred at each other while we lied there. His eyes gleamed in the moon light. My eyes started to flutter shut because I was so tried. He held me tight and I feel into a deep sleep. I feel asleep with a smile on my face because I knew that Alex still loved me. His touch always made me happy and smile. I went to bed that night knowing that I was loved. I went to bed knowing that he wouldn’t let me cry.

I woke up in the morning with the sunshine gleaming through my window. I turned my head so I could kiss Alex, but when I did he wasn’t there. I felt alone in that small moment but I thought maybe he went home though so his mother wouldn’t freak out. I yawned and stepped out of bed to look at the roses Alex said he got me. I took one out of the vase and sniffed it. I walked over to my window and looked out to the trees. I noticed a small nest with 3 eggs in it. Then I looked at the Flower garden my mother was growing. I thought about Alex and the happiness he brought me. I smiled at the thought of his kisses, but then I walked over to my computer and my world shattered.
The dark is all I see in this world now without you by my side. In this room I lie in my bed wishing you were somehow here again. My tears of pain trip from my face to the floor. The regrets they remind me of. Letting you love me, letting you hold me, and letting you into my life. I’d thought you’d never leave me. I trusted you with my heart and instead you took it in your hands. Your soft, gentle, and strong hands. Ripping it into little pieces not giving a damn about me in the end. You slipped from my arms in the middle of the night with a note on my computer saying our love is forbidden. When I awoke from my deep, peaceful sleep to read that note rage filled my body. I looked over at the vase filled with the white roses you brought me.

I stepped over to them and starred. Tears filled my eyes as they reminded me of what we had. The rage took control of me and I punched the vase. I heard the glass shatter as it hit the floor. Water splattered everywhere and petals were floating down. I caught one in my hand and looked at it. Just like me. Soft and vulnerable to the world. Alone with no one, but I remembered that I still had a picture of us in my heart. The tears rolled down and I jumped into my bed.

Now I lie here exactly like the way we would. I longed for your touch of your soft gentle skin. I wish you would brush your hand on my hair once again. The gaze of your soft light blue eyes that reminded me of the sky. Your arm around my waist, but most of all I wish I could say goodbye one last time.

All I did that day was think of him. I still loved him though even if he did cause me the pain he left me. I never felt like coming out of my room that day. I just lied there thinking of his touch. His soft skin against mine. Our kisses flashed through my head. Then I thought about him when I saw him as an angel. I never quite understood it. I longed for his touch again though. I wanted to erase him from my thoughts but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. I loved him too much. I didn’t care if he broke my heart. I loved him as if he were my true love.

“Christy,” I heard Simon say as he opened my door. “Are you okay?” he asked me. He took one look at my face and how I looked like a was in pain. I pointed to that note on my computer. I couldn’t bring myself to look at it again though because it would just cause my heart to crack more. It would cause more tears and more thoughts to flood my mind, but most of all it would make me think of why our love was forbidden.

Simon hugged me and left. He left me to my thoughts and pain. I got up out of the position that Alex and I fell asleep in and went downstairs. I turned on the television to keep my mind off Alex but of course my heart was still on him. My heart was the one that couldn’t let go of him.

It has been four days and I hadn’t seen Alex at school at all. He must have left or something. I haven’t talked much at school to. I sat there in silence and did my work. I was tortured by my thoughts. When I got home all I would do is sit there in my room and stare out the window. I couldn’t bare myself to look at pictures of us together. Instead I wondered if he was ok and if I’d ever see him again.

Then one day after school I set my bag on the couch and saw a note on the table from my mother. She told me to ride my bike into town and get some groceries for her. I decided to walk instead though. I walked up to my local drugstore and got my mom her stuff and a pack of gum for me. I walked out of the store and started to walk home when I heard a man screaming for help. I looked in the direction I heard the scream and I saw a small faint glow. Immediately Alex crossed my mind. I shook my head and started to walk away. It couldn’t have been Alex and the police could help him. My heart on the other hand just kept saying go help Alex while my head said no, it will just cause your heart to crack more. I gave into my heart and dropped the bags I was carrying. I started to run as fast as I could toward him. I jumped over trash cans in the alley ways until I saw Alex on the ground. He had a bloody nose and blood all over him. He had his angel wings spread out open. They were white as the snow but with blood splattered on them, and each feather could be individually seen. His eyes were shut and his lip was bleeding.

“Alex!” I shouted while running to his side. I started to cry at the site I was seeing. I put my hand on his chest. He was still breathing.

“Christy,” Alex said faintly. I kneeled down on my knees and held his head up. He opened his eyes and looked at me. He grabbed my hand very weakly. He barley had a grip.

“Alex what happened?” I asked him. I took off my jacket and wiped off some of the blood on Alex’s face while I held his hand again.

“A demon from Hell tried to kill me,” he told me. I looked at him with confusion.

“What?” I asked him. He started to cry and moan. “What’s wrong?” I asked him.

“He stabbed me Christy,” Alex told me. He turned to his side and I saw the stab in his left side. I started to cry more. “Christy, listen to me. I don’t have much time to live, but I want you to know that I love you,” Then Alex shut his eyes.

“Alex, I love you to,” Then I kissed Alex on the lips. All of a sudden Alex’s Body started to glow a light so bright that I let him go and backed away. The light shined around him to the point where I couldn’t see him anymore. I sat there on the ground looking up at the luminous light that surrounded him. The Glow lifted towards the sky. As it did the luminous light disintegrated into small particles of light that fell towards the ground and vanished into the thin air. I could then see Alex. His body had no blood on it and his wound was gone. His body descended down to the ground. I walked back over to him. His eyes were still closed and his wings were still spread out.

“Alex,” I said to him. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. I was hoping he was ok because I didn’t understand what was going on. His eye lids fluttered and then finally they opened. I helped him up on his feet and he looked down at his hands and his body. “Alex, are you ok?” I asked him. He looked at me and smiled.

“Christy!” Alex shouted while hugging me. He kissed me on the lips. I stood there in disbelief and confusion.

“What just happened?” I asked him. He held my hand and kissed me on the cheek.

“Here, come with me. I’ll explain what happened,” Alex told me. He started to walk me home but first he grabbed the bags I dropped. He carried them and held my hand as we walked down my street. At first Alex was quiet.

“Well?” I asked him. He looked at me and then down at the ground.

“Christy, you know how you see me as an angel?” he asked me. I nodded my head yes. My heart started to pound. Somehow the truth was going to be hard for me to shallow. “Well, that’s because I am one. I was sent here by god to defend the earth from the demons of hell. Without me and all the other angels here on the earth… well, we don’t know what would happen because we’ve defended it,” Alex said to me. I started to feel a little dizzy.

“Alex you’re an angel?” I asked him. We stopped walking and just looked at each other. “I mean, I can see you as an angel right now,” Alex put his finger on my mouth. He grabbed my hand and made me touch his wings. They were soft and beautiful. He let go of my hand and I brushed it against the feathers. “Alex, wow, you really are,” I said.

“You’re not freaked out. Are you?” he asked me. I started to pull him closer. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. Then I put my hand on his face. “I guess not,” I started to laugh at his joke. I started to feel his wings again. They were so different and soft.

“Wow, Alex your so different and yet so sweet,” I told him. He smiled and blushed at me. He held my hand and kissed me on the lips. His lips were as soft as a rose petal. We started to walk back to my house and he told me all about angels. It was so weird because I thought I was dating my best friend, but I’m dating my best friend who’s an angel.

That night Alex stayed with me in my room. We sat there on my bed while he held me in his arms. I turned the lights off so it seemed like a movie theatre. After the movie was over we were left in the dark until Alex started to glow with that beautiful light he always glowed when he was with me.
“Alex, how come you glow?” I asked him. He kissed the top of my head and brushed his hand through my hair.
“I don’t know the answer to that question. I’ve never seen anyone else do this before,” he told me while looking at himself. I kissed him on the lips so he’d relax a little. We started to kiss more passionately and I didn’t care. The more we kissed the more brighter Alex got. Then he put his hands on my waist and I put mine around his neck. We couldn’t control ourselves and he started to rub his hands around my waist. I stopped him right there. I loved Alex but I didn’t want to go that far.
“Sorry,” Alex said. I stared at him while we sat there.
“It’s ok,” I told him. Then I lied down on my bed. Alex lied there next to me. He had his arm around my waist again. I started to wonder more about Alex. I wanted to know more of why he was here. I wanted to know if he was allowed to love and if it could be with a mortal like me but most of all I wanted to know why he glowed when I was near.
“Alex?” I asked him.
“Yeah,” he said while brushing his hand through my hair.
“Can you tell me your story of like why you’re here and all that good stuff,” I asked him. He grabbed my hand and held it tight.
Alex looked at me and started to speak, “Well Christy, it all started when I was born. My mother and father held me in their arms. My dad was the head of the clan called peace makers. That was when he knew that I was meant to be one. From that day on he would tell me all about his missions he did. I would always sit there and listen to his tales. Each one sounded even cooler than the last one, but one day my dad descended down to earth to help with a massive war the demons from hell wanted to cause. A couple weeks later it was all over the news up in heaven that we had won. I was so excited that my dad would be coming home that day. My mom and I waited that day for his return. He never came home by the time I went to bed. I lied there in my bed only 10 years old waiting. I couldn’t fall asleep. I heard a knock on my door so I sat up. My mother walked in with tears running down her face. She sat on my bed and took me in her arms. Her wings wrapped around me. She showed me the letter she received from the clans second in command chief. Basically what it said was that my father died in battle. I felt my little heart break,” Alex said while starting to cry while saying that last part. I hugged him and his angel wings wrapped around me.
“Alex I’m sorry,” I told him. He just looked at me and continued the story.
“That night I held my mother’s hand and let her cry. She told me that she always still had a piece of him with her and that was me. Ever since that day I knew it was my destiny to be a part of the peace maker’s clan. I haven’t been up in heaven ever since though,” he told me while his wings disappeared before my very eyes.
“Wow Alex, you truly are my hero,” I told him. I kissed him very softly on his lips. He then looked at me.
“Christy I have to tell you something,” Alex said. I looked into his eyes. “The reason I left was because I didn’t want you to get hurt. I don’t understand why exactly, but the demons kept following us every time we were together,”
I then kissed Alex tenderly on the lips. I was glad that he did that to protect me and not to hurt me. He held me in his arms. “Alex, please don’t leave me again. I love you too much and I never want to lose you. Without you I feel broken. My heart feels incomplete and I feel as if a part of me is missing,” I told him. Alex started to cry and hold me tighter.
“I knew I should have never asked you out,” Alex said. “Christy, I hate to tell you this but, humans and angels can’t have true love. Only an angel and angel can be in true love,” he held my hand. I started to cry. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Alex wiped my tears away but I just kept crying. I looked into his beautiful eyes with mine full of tears. I kissed him one last time. Alex kissed me back because he knew it would be the last time he would ever feel my soft lips against his. I didn’t want our kiss to end but it had to.
“Alex, I want you to know that I love you with all my heart and soul. I always will till the day I die,” I told him. He started cry and held me tight in his arms. He stopped crying and kissed my forehead.
“Christy, I want to do something special for you before I have to leave again,” he told me. He took my hand and led me out to the roof. He held me in his arms and spread his angel wings out. He started to flap them we took flight into the night sky.
I could feel the breeze against my skin. I started to smile about this feeling. We flew up into the clouds. I could see the stars and how bright they were. Alex held me tightly in his arms and never wanted to let go of me. The full moon shined against our faces. Alex’s eyes looked so beautiful. They sparkled like diamonds. Alex flew us closer to the moon in the sky and under its light we kissed. It was the most magical feeling in the world. My hair flying in the wind. The stars and moon shining down on us. Flying above the city seeing all the lights shining. Then it all came to an end when we landed in my front yard.
Alex and I said goodbye to each other that night. I watched him fly into the sky. It brought a tear to my eye but I knew that if I loved something I must let it go. That night I fell asleep knowing that the love of my life would be gone forever to keep me safe. I knew a piece of my heart will always be missing.

I got up the next morning in shock. I was being carried by a boy I never even knew. He had short brown hair and green eyes. I rubbed my eyes and looked again. He was still there and this wasn’t a dream. This was more like hell.
“What the hell are you doing with me!” I shouted at him. He smirked and laughed. He started to run so fast that I couldn’t see where we were at.
“Christy, it’s nice to see you’re awake. I hope you had such a sweet dream because from now on you’re going to be living in a nightmare,” he said. His eyes turned into a deep dark red like blood, and I felt his finger nails sink into my skin.
“Alex! Help me!” I cried for dear life. The boy just laughed and kept going. “What do you want with me? I’m just a mortal,” I told him.
“You’re more than a mortal Christy,” he told me. I started to cry. I felt a pain in my stomach. My side started to bleed from his nails. I felt my warm blood drip down from my body and onto his arms. My tears dripped down my face. I knew I was in deep trouble. The boy just kept laughing and running with me in his arms that is until he was knocked over. I flew into the air and onto a tree. I hit the ground on my side and cried out a loud scream of pain. I started to run as fast as I could into the forest. I dodged tree after tree and jumped over bushes. I needed Alex at this point. I turned my head and saw the boy or whatever he was chasing after me. I felt myself fall and I landed on my hands. I turned around on my back and he was on top of me. My face was covered with dirt and he was breathing down on my neck. I heard him smell my neck.
“Aw, I love the smell of fear,” he told me. I closed my eyes so I didn’t have to see how I would die.
“Get your filthy hands off her!” I heard Alex shout. I opened my eyes and saw a flash of light flash before my eyes and knock the demon thing off of me.

This book has 1 comment.

shearbear24 said...
NICE BOOK! :D