It Happened | Teen Ink

It Happened

By twpercy BRONZE, lansdale, Pennsylvania
twpercy BRONZE, Lansdale, Pennsylvania

“The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don’t want, drink what you don’t like, and do what you’d rather not”

I don’t know how, but, i’m in Virginia. I am in that little crappy town that my cousins live in. I hate it here, but, I was getting bored of New York. My name is Sarahus, but I use, Sarah. I also use whatever last name, I want. I invite myself in, I can since I was invited in, last year; when I stayed a week. Being a vampire has its perks. “Hey any one home.” I yelled.

“Hey, what’s up cuz.” Damon yelled back. Damon come to the living room.
“Where is Stephen” I asked.
“What? Can’t spend time with me.” he asked.
“No I can’t. Not with self absorbed killer.” I answered.
“Hey, Sarah.”Stephen said uneasily, coming in the front door.
“Hey Stephen” I said.
“You could have called.” He told me.
“I was getting bored.” I answered.
“K. How long will you be staying?” He asked.
“As long as I feel.” I answered. “I’m tired, where is my room.”
“You can have the top floor.” Damon said.

“Hi” I said to Stephen, when he finally came downstairs from spending the night with his girlfriend. “You must be Sarah. I’m Emily” she said. “I know.” I answered. She has a little brother around my age. He used to do drugs but he stopped. “I know a lot about you.” I added.“Well, we are having a barbecue, at my house today. Do you want to come?” Emily asks all of us. I had nothing to do in this little crappy town. “Sure,” I said. “But, first, I have to buy a car.” I picked out a red truck. I don’t know why. I usually picked out, fancy cars. This small town is getting to me. I started toward Emily’s house. I started smelling the food. I hated human food. When I get to the door, a boy around 16, who I expect was Jeremy.

" Hi I’m Jeremy. You must be Sarah" He said.

“Hi, you’re Jeremy?”I asked. He’s kind of hot.

“Yep, come on in.” He said.
“You do know, what I am?” I asked.
“Yep” He answers. Wow he’s hot.
“So, do you have a boyfriend?” Jeremy asked. Damn it! I forgot about Jake.
“Yep” I had to answer.
“OK, I was going to ask you out.” He said. I smiled my sorry smile. Then, I went to get some food. I heard Jake’s rabbit. He built the engine himself. “Jakey” I yelled.
“Sarah, I missed you so much!” He said once he got to me. He pulls me, into a kiss.
“I have only been gone one day. Weirdo.” I tell him. Then, I see Jeremy’s face. It was to painful to look at, so I left.

So the next moring when I woke up Jake was gone. Then i saw my cousin Baily’s car. So I went to find her. she was in the kitchen. “Hi wat’s up” I asked. "Nothing, Jake let me in” Baily says to me.
“Where is he?” I ask.
“He left when he opened the door” she answers.
2 HOURS LATER
“Jake, where have you been? You haven’t answered your cell” I said to Jake when he came back.
“I got hungry and I went to get this” he said as held up a bracelet with forever written on it. “OMG” I said “That is awesome.” Then he kissed me. So that night I went to bed before Jake. I went down to get water. When I got down there, I got my water. And on my way out I saw two poeple kissing on the couch. At first I thought it was Stephen and Emily. But then I looked closer. “Jake!” I yelled " What are you doing." “Sarah” he pleds.
“just leave, both of you.” I say angrily.
“sarah I’m sorry and don’t get mad at him I started it.” Baily says.
“Oh and Jake just in case you don’t understand I’m breaking up with you” I say slowly. Then I call Jeremy and ask him to come over.

“hey wat’s up?” he asked when he came in.
“I just broke up with Jake” I answer.
“why?” he asks.
“I found him kissing my cousin.” I answer " I was wondering if you still want to go on a date with me."
“I’ll pick you up at 7 tomorrow.” he says.
THE NEXT DAY
In the morning my phone wakes me up. I look at the caller ID. It’s him. “hey” I say when I answer the phone.
“Are we still up for the date?” he asks.
“yep, see you soon” I said and mean it. I went to bed at 11am and I woke up at 5pm. So I start getting ready. I take a shower. Then I get into that stupid dress my aunt got me. Lastly I did my makeup. It took 1 hour for me to get dressed. Then I get a snack.

At seven I heard a car door slam. I met Jeremy at the front door. “Ok where are we going?” I ask Jeremy.
“That is a surpirse.” he answers.
“I hate surpises” I say.
“well too bad” he said with fake anger.Then he stoped the car at a small beach. It had no people on it. I loved it. It was the kind of place I would spend all my freetime.“So are you going to my school?” Jeremy askes interuped my thoughts.
“I might, but I don’t know.” I answered. So then we had a picnic. “I had fun” I say to him.
“Me too.” he replys. Then he leans over and kisses me. At frist it’s soft, then I kiss back.

I spent the whole night thinking about Jeremy and if I want to go to school. I never went to school. If I went to school I could be with Jeremy all the time. I think I’ll go to school. I could become a cheerleader. That would be fun. Also I could have alot of friends. I’ll have to be careful of the werewolves. So then I called Jeremy. “hey”, I say, “I’m going to your school”
“Awsome!” He yells.
“I’ll see you later” I finsh off the phone call. I spent the whole night thinking about Jeremy and if I want to go to school. I never went to school. If I went to school I could be with Jeremy all the time. I think I’ll go to school. I could become a cheerleader. That would be fun. Also I could have alot of friends. I’ll have to be careful of the werewolves. So then I called Jeremy. “hey”, I say, “I’m going to your school”
“Awsome!” He yells.
“I’ll see you later” I finsh off the phone call.

Today is my first day of school. I can’t wait. Jeremy is going to pick me up at 7:30. School starts at 8am. It’s 7am. I have an 30 min. to get ready. I’m so scared. I only know 3 people. jeremy got here 10 minutes late. “I can’t be late on my first day of school” i said.
“Sorry, I didn’t know you cared about school.” he says back. And then he kisses me. “Sorry i just worried.” I say.
“We have to get going” he says " what’s your first class"
“I have the same classes as you” I tell him.
“That’s awsome.” he says. The morning went by fast. I had gym,art, and history. Then at lunch we sat with Stephan, Emily, and Emily’s freinds. “Sarah, you should join a club” said Emily’s friend,Beth.
“Maybe” I say. Then lunch is over. then to finsh school I have math and L’arts.

after school Jeremy came to my house for dinner. Stephan was at Emily’s house. Damon was out sleeping with whatever girl he was dating. So we had the house to ourselves. “What’s your favorite movie?”Jeremy asked. “The Last Song” I answered.
“Favorite song?”Jeremy asked.
“Ghost Of You”I answered.
“Favorite book?”Jeremy asked.
“Umm every book”I answered.
“that’s not an answer” he said.
“yes it is” I told him. Then he started to kiss me. We went up to my room. He took off his shirt. We kept kissing. Then we fell asleep. We got ready for school when we woke up. “I love you” Jeremy said to me.
“I love you too. I answered back.

Last night was amazing. I couldn’t focus in school. my math teacher Mr.James asked what was wrong with me. All my teachers thought I was sick. One even sent me to the nurse. The nurse sent me back to class, with a note saying I wasn’t sick. “Sarah what’s wrong you’ve been looking at the sky all day” asked Emily.
“nothing, I’m just thinking” Iaswered.
“about what” she said prying at me.
“Nothing” i said and then the bell rang. Saved by the bell. Which is weird of my to think since i think it’s lame to say that.

today I’m going to meet his aunt. this should be fun. they never like me. “hi” she said when I came in the door. She seemed nice. this might be fun. she asked questions like what college are you going to? I answered to that with duke. What for? folklore. The day went easy. we ate, we talked and we cooked.

When I woke up, I relized today was my birthday. It was my 17th birthday. March 20th. I had so much to do. I was having a dinner party tonight. Everyone I knew was coming. I had to start cooking. When the doorbell rang it got me out of my mental to-do list. It was Jeremy. “hey” I said.
“I came to help you with the dinner party” he said.
“You don’t have to” I said. He pulled me into a kiss.
“I want to” he said.
“k, but there’s a lot of food to cook.” I said and then we started cooking.

we finished cooking right as the first people came up to the door. When everyone was here, there was at least 50 people. the dinner went fast i had alot of fun. i invited everyone back for next year. Jeremy stayed over the night.

When I woke up, the day after my birthday, I saw a car. O.M.G! It’s Jake’s car. What is he doing here? I went downstairs, and opened the door, before he could ring the doorbell, and wake Jeremy up. “What are you doing here?” I yelled when I opened the door. “I want you back!” Jake said. “Too late!” I said. “Really?” he said as Jeremy came downstairs. “What is he doing here?!” Jeremy yelled when he saw Jake. This is a disaster. “He wants me back, but I said too late” I explained to Jeremy. “Get out!!!” I yelled to Jake.

After the disaster with Jake, we went out to the park. He went home really late. I went to bed around 1am. I had school tomorrow, since it was Monday. My whole week went well. I still hated school, but my life was going well, at least for now.

I woke up and got ready for school, like always. When I went downstairs Jeremy was already waiting for me. When we went to school I saw a new girl. I went up to say hi and say Jeremy’s mouth hanging open. Wtf. “hi, I’m Sarah.” I said to the new girl.
“Hi, I’m Jesse” she said.
“That dork over there is my boyfriend, Jeremy.” I told her.
“Hi” said Jeremy. At least he could talk. He sometimes was so weird.
“So what class do you have first?’ I asked trying to be nice.
“Homeroom with Mrs. James” she answers.
“Me too.” I tell her “I’ll walk with you”
“K” she answers simply.

Have you ever had that time when you knew your boyfriend was going to break up with you? That time you know your life is going to change? That’s what I felt when Jesse moved here. Two days after Jeremy broke up with me I found out I was pregnant with his kid. I wasn’t going to let him even see the child. I left the town that changed my life and moved to a small town near my mom, and stayed and waited to have my child.

on Aug. 2 2012 at 1:39 pm
KaylaAmy-Marie BRONZE, Wilsonville, New York

"When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open which open for us."

No offense but..? I went downstairs to get a water. When i got there, i got my water...

It sounds kind of silly.

Nessa13 GOLD said...
on Jan. 26 2012 at 7:54 am
Nessa13 GOLD, Charlestown, Indiana

"Love, but never fall in love, because things that fall get broken"
-Taylor Swift

I just finished the book.....I didn't like it. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be mean.I think that it didn't have the details that it needed, and it was choppy. It went by way to fast. Things were chaotic and confusing. I think that you could do better. I didn't like the ending. If she was pregnant, then she should have told Jeremy. She shouldn't have left town. The ending just annoyed me. Sorry):

Nessa13 GOLD said...
on Jan. 26 2012 at 7:46 am
Nessa13 GOLD, Charlestown, Indiana

-Taylor Swift

I just got finished reading the first chapter, and I think that it went a little to fast, and was to choppy. but it was good.

MeIsMe18 said...
on Jun. 11 2011 at 3:53 pm
MeIsMe18, Roswell, New Mexico

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; But often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

i really liked it i did but it's choppy where it goes from  one scene to the other , try to put more longer scenes. but other then that it's really good and the names stephen and damon reminded me of Vampire diaries to

on May. 13 2011 at 2:46 pm
Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
I really like your story a whole lot. It was very good to read, and I hope you keep on writng some more to some day. Good Job!! :)

on May. 11 2011 at 11:57 am
twizzlerluva97 GOLD, New York City, New York

"Success comes to those who persist after all have given up. Which is why it is never crowded along the extra mile."

a little longer more gramically correct and it would've been perfect it was good tho reminded me of The Vampire Diaries and fyi vamps cnt get preggers