Between Us | Teen Ink

Between Us

By Aaliyah02 SILVER, pflugervile, Texas
Aaliyah02 SILVER, Pflugervile, Texas

" If you can dream it, you can do it"

Author's note:

It is inspired by my darkest secrets...

I am helpless, I see him just standing there, he is letting them hurt him because he wants to protect me from the shadow-lands. They are black fingernails waiting to stab into my chest the moment he goes away from me. They are poison waiting to sink into my heart. I do not know how to stop it, I try and try to run but I never move, I stand there vulnerable to the lies, vulnerable to the deceptions, and yet I cant seem to figure out a way to save him. I call out his name so often but it only seems like the more I want to be around Varen the farther he slips into the world of dreams which in actuality is the land of nightmares. Every time I close My eyes I see how he use to be, His skin paler than the moon, his eyes the color of ice with a small tint of emerald and gold, and oh he had the most beautiful lips they were rose colored with a lip piercing that every time I look at them I want to lean in for a kiss, but I stop myself knowing if I do that then he will forever be under my control. Why I had this effect on everyone I kiss I have no clue but I was brought no joy from it. I sleep and he is there in my dreams but his eyes turned a coal color and his lips crimson. I want to find him but how can I if every time he appears to me he does not say words he communicates with his mind, almost every time I try to follow him some how he manages to throw me off guard. I want to hold him in my arm again, I want to be able to tell him that I love him. I know he loves or loved me before the wretched witch stole him from right before my eyes. I want to see him alive and well and most of all Normal like he use to be. I have to find a way to save him, I will never rest until I do, the police are useless, they can’t see into the dream world like I can, it infuriates me that not even I can save him and damn it I am the most stubborn person I know. I know what happened to him but If I try to tell even my closest friend she will think I am out of my mind and I will be sent to an Insane Asylum. I know Varen wants me to stay safe, to stay out of the dream world but if he knows anything about me he should know I will not give up until I find him. I refuse to stand here and do nothing, I care about him way to much to let him slip away. At that moment I realized something… His jacket, it has been two months that he has been missing and just now I remember the note he said to look at if he ever went missing for more than two weeks. God how I wish I would have remembered it sooner. I went to my closet and pulled out his jacket and there in the right hand pocket was a folded piece of paper,I snatch it from the pocket and I read it, instantly I am confused, he had drawn pictures of ways to reach him (and luckily he was an artist so I knew exactly what he meant after a minute) there was a picture of a gravestone that said “Edgar Allen Poe” and the rest was blurry but there was enough showing to where I could figure out what it said, it was instructions, but they were written in a code that only he and I knew. He told me to go to the library down the road from my house and ask the book keeper for his keys to the attic and he will know it is me , the girl Varen loved so deeply. Then the book keeper would give me the keys and escort me to the attic unseen. The rest of the instructions said to go to the 5th stair and there will be a board that I had to lift and I was then instructed to climb into the stair. I did as the instructions told me and I found myself in a secret compartment, the next part of the instructions told me to close the stair (with me in it of course). I tripped over a box of matches and a candle stick and holder, I struck a match and lit the candle and I look around and see I am In a compartment the size of a Master bedroom, I looked to the left and found his laptop open with a note that said “ Aali, plug in my laptop and watch what pops up”  I did just that an there was a file open and it was a video and I hit play and the video was of him telling her to go to the fountain in front of his father’s house at half past 5 am. He was telling me to look into the surface of the water and say “amity amity li love” it sounded like a bunch of non-sense to me  but I do it anyways and an opening in the water pulls me in, I feel safe and warm, I call out to him and I hear someone clearing their throat behind me and I turn to look and I can’t believe what I see- he is here right in front of me and his eyes are the normal color she remembered them to be, she looks at his lips and sees that they are the same rose color that I remember and his snake bite is exactly as I remember it… before I could think I leaned into him and cried into his shirt while tracing his muscles with my fingers. He did something I would have never expected… he kneelt down and asked me to marry him… I practically screamed yes even though my mind told me to say no, I mustered up the courage to finally tell him I love him and when I kiss him I feel his snake bit on my lip and I feel like the kiss could last forever, but then I remember something… my curse in which anyone I kiss is under my control and I stop kissing him, and he still seems like himself and then I tell him to get lost as a test and he says “yes my lady anything you want, I only want for you to be happy” he starts to walk away but he turns around and says “Sike baby girl” I was so relieved, I ran up to him and kissed him longer and it felt like it had a deeper meaning than the last one. And bam just like that I wake up hating myself for having a dream like that but then I roll over to find him there next to me… for real , his shirt on the floor, and a ring on his finger as he says “Good morning my love, sleep well?”

Her eyes are her weapon, her breath is her spell, and her pale skin and red flowing waves of hair made you want to serve her, it sung out like a siren’s haunting voice luring me in like a magnet. All she has to do is say my name in her melodious, soft , yet persuading voice to get me to walk into the depth of her shadows  and darkest dreams. Her name is Lilith, that demon who won’t let me find Varen. She took him from my arms and pushed him into a parallel universe where nothing is as it should be and I Violet, vow to never stop searching until I find him. I want to see his bluish-green eyes, his crooked smile, and the warm kisses he gave me before he disappeared into a place I can’t see. He left me with a note that said to find a boy named raven in the alternate universe, I have no idea who Raven is but Varen said that Raven was the darker part of himself and he told me that Raven would know where he was. Varen never told me that once Lilith knew he had a connection with me that she would come after me as well but then again he did not have to tell me because I already knew. I tried to warn him about that wretched witch but he ignored me as well because he already knew, He and I were brought together by the same demon and now that demon is trying to separate us because she needs our hearts so she can raise Lucifer from the hot and fiery depths of hell. I refuse to let her win this time, I refuse to stand here and let her enchanted voice draw me to my own death. I will find Varen if it is the last thing  do! I stopped dead in my tracks because I know she is following me I can hear her Lullaby reaching out to me as if it had the soft hands of a mother trying to comfort a crying infant, it intertwined its self around my whole body and it was leading me to a fountain, the same fountain that Varen disappeared from.I am trying to figure out why she brought me here when a sudden whoosh of wind knocked me into the fountain only for me to emerge dry and in a place where everything is opposite from what it should be, then it snapped into my brain that I am where I can find Varen. I can smell the scent of Pine trees and blood oranges, and I want to go forward but something draws me to the right and I find myself looking into the window of Varen’s bedroom to find a young man who looks like Varen but is not and then I realize something… it is Raven! I call out his name and he looks my way and opens the window for me to slide in quickly. As I slide in I can feel his eyes looking at my back I turn and he shows a slight sign of relief but it is covered quite quickly to a stone hard face. He spoke somewhat quietly, he whispers to me “ Violet why did you come here?” I told him I am here because I want to save Varen. Raven looks into my eyes and said “ Violet, how did we get a girl like you to be with a guy like us?” I am suddenly aware that there must be another me here too, all of my deepest and darkest feelings and secrets were buried in a different me, a darker me. I try to speak but it only comes out in a whisper, She, I mean me, no I mean Crimson, is there standing next to Raven. I ask them to help me find Varen and they both agree. I fall into a dizzy spell and fall into a vision, I see Varen he is in a garden, a rose garden, and the smell from the roses is over-powering, he is sitting on the edge of a fountain looking at his reflection, I feel like he can see me because he looks right at me and starts walking like he has a mission but when he reaches me, he tries to touch me, or at least I think he does but then he goes back and sits down on the fountain.I start coming back with a feeling of spinning and I awaken back in Varen or Raven’s room, I am surrounded by Raven and Crimson trying to get me to wake up, and as soon as they see my greyish-violet  eyes flutter all the way open. They let out a breath of uncertainty and then relief at the end. They ask me what I saw and I ask them how they know I have visions and dreams like that and Crimson tells me that she has them too and then I just  think for a second feeling stupid. I tell them it was in a rose garden with a fountain and that Varen was sitting on the fountain. Suddenly a slight sound entered the room but it was not  slight for more than two seconds before the haunting Lullaby filled the room, I yell out for everyone to cover their ears and we are safe for now, Lilith’s voice left the room and we uncover our ears. Crimson gives me a necklace, a hamsa lay in the middle of my chest as Raven put it on me. Raven grabs both of my hands, well one of mine and one of Crimson’s and he takes us to all of the rose gardens in the alternate universe but we found none with the fountain I saw in my vision. I stick my hand out and imagine a door with the rose garden and the fountain I saw on the other side of the door and I opened the door and one after the other we enter the door, which I close and make disappear before anyone could follow us. I turn to see Crimson and Raven kneeling by the fountain and I run to go investigate and there Varen lay asleep but nothing Crimson and Raven tried would wake him up, so I step in and kiss Varen and he wakes up staring into my eyes.He looked normal, he looked safe , he looked like he could kiss me for hours longer, Varen sits up slowly and I kiss him again and this time he does not hesitate to kiss me back. We both shout out “I love you” at the same time… He is mine and mine only I will never let anything happen to him again.

Violet
Every night I wake up screaming because of the same recurring nightmare. I have had it since Varen disappeared. He swore to me that everything was going to be okay yet everything is not okay. Never would I have thought Lilith would ever find me again but here I am. I have seen her so many times in my nightmares and visions but every night I wake up screaming, calling out his name. There are times when I swear Varen is with me, like he is watching me, trying to keep me safe. The very thought of him still being out there, alive, comforted me. I can never fall beck asleep after the nightmares but some how, some way, I always end up back in the dream world. I long to hold him in my arms. I wish I could kiss his soft lips again and oh how I wish to feel his snake bit brushing my lips. Varen has or had the most beautiful eyes they were an emerald color with the slightest gold flecks. He use to stare into my grey eyes and whisper the three words (which I long to hear so much) and those three words were like a whisper to my heart. Those three words were what made me aware of his scent, he always smelled so good, like pine and old spice. I was never really aware anyone could ever like me, I always felt as if I were just a rose petal in a garden filled with the most beautiful spring flowers, which the petal (me) was never noticed. The attention was always on the flowers in bloom rather than the petals alone. That was until Varen came to town… he was the new kid in the school and I couldn’t help but to be drawn to how mysterious he was. I guess he felt the same way because at times I was able to feel his eyes on me. When I finally mustered up the courage to speak to him we made a brand in each others heart. Eventually  things became more serious… we gave each other promise rings, I wore mine on my left ring finger and he wore his around his neck.

Varen
I can’t recall where I am but I know Violet has been having nightmares about what Lilith has done to me. I wish I could see her, talk to her. I hate Violet’s stubbornness but God I love it so much at the same time. I miss the feel of her soft, silky , raven black hair. I miss holding her in my arms, I crave nothing more than to feel her heat against me. I need to see her again, to feel her heat, and I am desperate to feel her soft, red lips against mine. Lord help me make sure she is okay, One of these days in the near future she and I will be reunited and when that happens my God I will never let her go. She is the only one who understands me. Every since I saw her on my first day at that high school born from hell itself. The only good part about that damned school was Violet. When I first arrived at that school she was the first one to see me for me and not someone else. She and I are so alike and yet so different, I wish I could just tell her “my dear Violet please do not hide from any mirrors that is the only way I can see you” I have so many dreams about her, so many visions about her as well. I try to visit her in her dreams but Lilith is to strong. I want so badly to throw Lilith on her death bed (take she is already a demon) the only reason Lilith stays away from me is because I wear the Hamsa Violet gave me. The Hamsa will burn Lilith back into the fiery depths of hell where Henry (Hades) can take care of her. I have spoken to Henry before and believe it or not he is not an evil s.o.a.b. like people say. Since Kate (Persephone) and he have gotten married he has been focused on being a husband and a dad. I swear to God I will be back with Violet I don’t care what is takes!

Violet
I can’t get these damn nightmares to go away! I swear I saw him in the mirror this morning, his eyes were the same color I fell in love with and his lips were the lips I remembered. I can’t seem to figure out why my nightmares have been getting quieter, I know it has something to do with Varen because when I am in the midst of a nightmare I can see his shadow. It seems to be telling me not to be frightened and when I listen to it Lilith becomes more and more of a blur. I am hoping the more I discard my fears eventually Lilith would disappear. I can see where Varen is by training my visions to take me right to him. I miss him… his soft skin… his smooth black hair… and his lips, God his lips were like silk. I want to hold him, I want to feel him, and by god I want to marry him! He needs to come back to me, and when he does I swear I will keep him safe, I wont let any one near him unless I am there. I have burned him in my mind , my heart, and my soul and lord if he dies I shall die as well. I wish I could tell him about our baby… but I can’t risk Lilith finding out. Not that I think he would tell a demon about his child but if I told him Lilith would figure out a way to hurt him and the baby. I would die for Varen but if I die so will the baby, and I can’t let that happen. I have to find a way to help all of us! I wish I could tell him god how I wish he could know…but it is too risky. He will find out eventually but until then all I can do are whisper my favorite words to him and hope he can hear them… Varen I love you… I can’t live without you… you are the only person I could ever dream of loving.

Varen
For the past couple of nights I have found a way to see Violet, well almost see her. I know she knows I am there because when I am there she manages to let all of her fears go away. I can feel Violet getting stronger, almost like she has two heart beats. Except the second is weaker but almost as strong. It is like I can hear two peoples blood rushing through their veins. I can’t believe I forgot to tell Violet that she was literally an angel… I am an angel as well but she is the strongest angel anywhere, she is almost as powerful as God himself! I am earning my ranks and I am hoping to become just as powerful as she. God knows that Violet and I are in love… it almost seems like he put  Joanna (Aphrodite) up to it. I keep thinking to myself that maybe it is true… opposites do attract but I never knew the bond between the positive and the negative were so strong! My God how is it that she is the angel of death yet she is so beautiful! I am the angel of life and I have never seen a soul as pure as hers, a heart that is as golden as Joanna’s apples, or eyes that can outshine every star in the damn universe! Me… I look like a normal man and she looks even more beautiful than Joanna! I could get cursed for saying that but damn Violet is so gorgeous! Her greyish-violet eyes are so damn haunting but the beauty of them is far more powerful! I can’t believe they did not let her stay in heaven where she belongs! Hell, if she were in heaven none of this would have happened… Lilith would have never found out we were angels…Lilith would have never known what scares us… and Damn it Lilith would have never trapped me in this strange place that keeps me away from my one and only true love! Violet, baby if you can hear me I need you to know what we really are that way we can work to get Lilith in her own personal hell, one that she could never escape…not even using her damn mind games.

Violet

I saw him again in my visions, the only difference was he was mouthing something this time. I wish I knew how to rewind my damn visions. Wait… maybe I do… What the hell! It looks like he is saying something about us being angels? He is telling me he is the angel of life and I am the angel of death… Uhhhhhhh…. If this is true why does Lilith keep messing with me? Wait a minute! Lilith knows that’s why… she knows we are angels… If we are angels that means we can see each other and talk to each other, actually not talk… plan would be a better word. I can contact people through my visions and through their dreams… God why didn’t I think of that before! I swim through everyone’s dreams until I find his. He dreams of me… except I am not me… the me he sees is not me but it is Lilith! I cry out his name and suddenly he snaps away from Lilith and directs his attention towards me (and thank god I am not showing yet) He is walking towards me when Lilith lets out a shrill scream and I accidently got distracted and a flame came from my hand and it was hurdling towards her. Varen starts running towards me and I take his hand and squeeze it he lets out a grunt but I keep squeezing his hand tighter until he starts to glow (I hope I am not hurting him) It was like he was reading my mind because he started counting down: 3,2,1, and we both swing our arms out wards and we could hear the impact when our powers combined and hit her dead in the chest. Lilith cried out in pain and turned into pure ice. I let go of Varen’s hand and I head towards Lilith, he reaches out towards me but he knows how stubborn I am so he stops moving. When I reach Lilith I see a single tear drip from her eye, she wasn’t ugly, or scary at that moment. I reached out and wiped away the tear, she flinched and then reached for my hand. On instinct I cover my stomach with my other hand and hope Varen did not notice. I look back slightly and I can tell he saw.I look back into Lilith’s eyes and see something… I see that her eyes are the exact same color as mine but she was not in my form… I have only had dreams about my mother but in this moment she looks exactly like my mother. Perhaps it is my imagination but perhaps it is not. I sneak a glance at Varen but he does not look like the young and vibrant Varen I know… He looks like an older version of himself… his eyes cast downward… he almost looked ashamed. I can’t help but to look back at Lilith who was now holding my hand, which I did not even notice until now. I search her eyes for something some sign or clue to let me know what was going on. I can’t find anything. I am startled as my own voice breaks the silence saying What the hell is going on here! Varen tries to fade but I don’t know what I did but neither of them can move. I look at Lilith and practically scream out What the hell is going on here you little bit……. But I stop myself before I say something I would regret in the long term. I look at Varen and He seems so surprised like he had never heard me this angry… I have to think a moment before I remember that he looks like that because I have never been so angry. I look back at Lilith who has tears rolling down her face. I hear her whisper something but I am unable to understand it… Lilith senses this and says it louder not letting her tears stop her from saying “ Violet, remember when you saw your mother get killed... I was astounded by this remark and I guess it shows on my face because she says “ My god… I forgot I erased your memory of me…” I tried to take a few steps backward but her grip on my wrist is strong. I look at Varen then Lilith then Varen again. I can feel my face getting redder and redder by the second… I start to grind my teeth (something I do when I get really angry) and I clenched my jaw and said Lilith What the hell are you trying to tell me? She began crying again and said “ Violet I am your… mother” I turn to Varen and start screaming at him asking him is he knew about this, but damn what a stupid question that was of course he knew!

Varen

I try to tell Violet I am sorry but she just turns away from me. I look at Lilith and tell her to tell Violet the rest of the story but she refuses. I call out to Violet but she turns around and looks at me with tear streaked cheeks and tells me I am a piece of … junk… to put it nicely. God in all the years we have been together she has never been this mad at me. I swear to God  I will never forgive myself.  My God I have never seen Violet with so much hurt in her eyes… come to think of it I have never seen Violet cry. Oh lord what kind of man am I? how could I hurt the one and only girl I have ever loved! I look at Violet and I call out to her even though her back is turned to both me and Lilith. She looks at me and I can tell she still loves me… or at least I think it is love in her eyes… I try one more time, Violet I am so sorry baby please forgive me! She starts to turn her body to look at me and starts coming towards me but then she turns away and walks the other way. I follow her but she walks out of a door that I can’t enter. Damn it I scream, Damn it Violet come back! I did not even realize it but Lilith was right next to me and we were both crying. I look at her and I tell her this is all your fault and I turn back away and try to find the door that Violet exited through. But all I find is a stone wall with roses growing out of the cracks. I pound on the wall and I hope something will happen, I hope the door Violet went through reappears. I heard a crackle behind me and I turn to see Violet with a purple mist around her. I always thought the purple hue meant relaxed but Violet looked everything but relaxed. She took my hand and sent me through a door… it is like the one she went through except all I see on the other side is plants and trees but a sharp scent.. (Lilac and blood oranges I think) filled my nose. I have heard of a place like this… I am in the Garden of Eden… I hear a large clash of thunder and suddenly I am in an office? Wait no not an office a living room (one far bigger than a normal living room) and a pale ghostly man stood in front of me, one second I was amazed,But the next I was on the ground (not hurt though) I was definitely surprised when I was lifted up and I looked at my reflection in the mirror on the wall. I had a faint blue mist around my body and I appeared back with Violet in the stone room. Lilith stood crying with her back facing Violet and I. I think I startled both of them because they both turn to me and Violet came running towards me. I look into her normally clear, sparkly  greyish-violet eyes, except at this moment they were more grey and clouded. When she didn’t stop running as she was about 1ft. In front of me I got scared but somehow I couldn’t move. A few seconds later she impacts me, it doesn’t hurt but it startles me when she wraps her arms around me. They felt stronger , more powerful, more protective. I look deeper into her eyes and I see something flash… I don’t know if it is a good flash or a bad flash but a second later Violet looked back at me fully and I saw her eyes return back to their normal color and she stood on her tippy toes and kissed me gently. She turns away from me and heads right for Lilith. I call out Violet’s name but as stubborn as she is I knew it would not phase her. Violet got right in her mother’s face and then snapped. She starts screaming in Lilith’s face saying “ I can’t believe you! You are my mother and yet you tortured me in my sleep and in my damn wake!” As Violet said those words I could tell she said it with more hurt than she meant to, Violet continued to to scream at Lilith (whom was originally known as Lilly)

Violet was yelling out “ My god mother what the hell was your original name?” At this point I can’t help myself… I scream out Violet Lilith was not meant to be Lilith! She was meant to be Lilly, she was suppose to be the angel of death because she was the most beautiful person until you came along! Once you were born Violet your mother, Lilly decides that she would make herself evil to save you! Henry was going to marry you instead of Kate but thank god your mother saved you other wise we would have never gotten together! Violet stares at me with surprise and then she looks back at Lilly.Violet stared in her mother’s eyes with tears rolling down her cheeks and asks “ Lilly is this true?” and Lilly tells her “ Yes Violet…I am so sorry baby girl” The once soft purple mist around Violet turns right red as she says “ Lilly I can’t believe you! Why the hell did you torture me in my dreams? Why the hell did you take Varen away from me? And why the hell did henry think I was going to marry him?! “ I try to turn away but once again I was held in place by Violets magic. She looks at me and starts tearing up and she ran to me and the mist around her turned a soft cloud-like white. She took my hands and said “ Varen, I love you but if there is something you aren’t telling me I need to know…” I look at her and said nothing happened between your mother and I Violet. She gently leaned towards me and said “ I have some news for you but I won’t tell you until Lilith, or Lilly, or whatever the hell she is, is imprisoned. I will give her a home and I will make sure she has everything she needs but by god she will never be able to leave from where I trap her not even god will be able break my spells!” I look at Violet and say Violet, are you sure you want to do this, I mean she is your mother… She looks like she could have slapped me then,  but instead she just grabs my hands I feel her powers surge through my veins and before I know it we were staring at an island in the middle of a shark infested ocean. I look at Violet and she does a weird little thing with her hands and bam Lilly is right beside us. Violet Shakes her head a bit and Lilly goes flying to the island. I watch as Lilly disappears and then the feeling of Violet’s power rushing through my veins again I close by eyes and focus on the flow on her energy. As I do this I can feel Violet’s pulse it is going faster than it is suppose to. It is going as fast as two people’s pulses added together. Every time I focus on her with my full attention it seems like one person’s everything except doubled…

Violet
My god I can’t believe after al these years Lilith, or Lilly turns out to be my mother. I look at Varen and it seems as if he were focused on something other than my voice. I realize I am still using my powers on him even though we are already at our new home. I quickly eject my powers from him… I just don’t want him putting the pieces together. I can’t let him find out about the baby. He looks at me with his normal look back, he looks intrigued but I don’t think it is about me… He looks me in the eyes and says “ Did I just hear you say ‘baby’ Violet?” I looked at him and said Varen don’t be ridiculous, I said it with more power than I meant to put out there. I tell myself Damn it Violet you are giving yourself away! He smiles as he looks back at me and says “ Violet are you sure you didn’t say baby? I heard you clear as day honey” I curse at myself for not turning of my telepathy. I look at him and say Varen stop playing with my mind, that is not how you impress me you know. In spite of my brain telling me not to laugh I end up giggling just a little bit. He looks at me and says “ Now Violet, if there is something you aren’t telling me I need to know” I curse at myself again for using those words to him. I can’t help myself from looking him in the eyes and saying Damn it Varen you know how to use someone’s own words against them. He looks at me and smiles and says “ Now babe what the hell is going on with you lately? I know you haven't been sleeping, or eating, or in fact anything else.” I look at him and say I guess it is just “that time of month” (hey it is every girl’s excuse at some point or another) He looks at me suddenly not smiling anymore and says “ Violet, what is the real reason?” I look back at him defeated and say fine… here it goes… You and I are expecting. He looks at me and says  “expecting what?”  I look at him confused and say really Varen you are going to make me say it again he has a glare in his eyes (which usually means he wants to be a smart donkey) he has it again “expecting what Violet?” I look for some sign in his eyes that would give him away but damn it he is (almost) as stubborn as me!Damn it Varen! We are having a baby! Good lord… did I just say that out loud? I look at Varen and he is as pale as a ghost… well damn it I guess I did say it out loud. He looks at me with his soft look and says “ Violet… why the hell did you not tell me sooner?” I look away and tell him Varen I was scared okay… he ran his fingers through his hair and said “Violet, if I would have known sooner I would not have put you through all the hell you had to go through with Lilly and shi… stuff like that… I could have been more of a father… god I can’t believe I am going to end up like my dad… Violet please don’t shut me out because I am acting like my father” I look at him in disbelief, Varen why the hell do you think I am going to shut you out? He looks sad now and says “because after what I am about to say, you might never want to speak to me again…” I look at him with a fire burning in my blood, Varen spit it out you little bit……I mean you… you …coward. He looks at me as if I called him the devil himself but continues on “ Violet, are you sure the baby is even mine?” I can see in his face the moment he said it he regretted it. I look at him with my eyes starting to well up with tears… what do think I am some kind of harlot…some kind of…of …slu…… He stopped me before I could continue. He said “ Of course not Violet, I am just wondering because you know I am the angel of life and I didn’t even sense that you were, or are pregnant. I mean it seemed like you were more powerful but never would I have guessed you had a fetus inside of you… you aren’t even showing Violet, you show no signs morning sickness, nothing…” I cut him off saying Varen… in case you have forgotten we are opposites… I am the angel of death… an angel that even if I were pregnant with quintuplets you would have never been able to sense them god Varen you can’t even sense me sometimes… I turn away as her reaches out for me…

Varen

I try to reach out for her but she just pulls away… Violet… I’m…I’m sorry okay. I never wanted to hurt you but I was just in disbelief. Violet… Violet come back here… I can’t loose you…not again… At that she turned towards me so sharply I thought she was going to stab me in my chest, but then again… even her stare was enough to kill me, with her once rosy cheeks turned as pale as her bosom in the moonlight. She spoke to me in a tone that could be heard all the way in Olympus and said “ Really Varen! Because if I remember correctly I am the one that lost you… twice. So please Varen go look in the mirror because I swear to god go do it because Varen guess what you don’t seem to have changed very much in all the time you were gone! I stood waiting for you to reappear! I couldn’t sleep because I was so worried about what Lilly was doing to you! I did not eat because I wanted you to be around me when I was feeding the baby! Good god Varen look at me! Look at how much I have changed! I am carrying our child for god’s sake and you are asking if the child is even yours! How did I ever fall in love with such a selfish jerk! Guess what Varen… I can’t live without you but it seems like you wouldn’t give a damn if I disappeared out of your life!” I call out to her one more time Violet… please… you said you wouldn’t shut me out… I am sorry Violet… please forgive me…please I would hate to have you out of my life… I love you Violet! I love you damn it and I will do what ever it takes to keep you and our child safe! My love don’t walk out on me now! I reach for her hand and thank god this time she didn’t pull away. She spun around and planted a soft kiss on my lips. She looked at me and said in her soft voice “Varen I would never walk out on you, I would never leave you on purpose and I know you are gong to be a wonderful father.” My god those words were the ones I was dying to hear. I drop to one knee and ask Violet a question… Violet would do me the honor of making me the happiest man in Olympus and Marry me? She practically screamed Yes!

It seems like they have kids twice but really it is only once :)

I hate him so much…the way he ditched me at the haunted graveyard, yet when I think back to the day it happened I can’t help but to laugh!  He looked so cute that day, with his black T-shirt that was loose enough to show me some mercy to me but, tight enough to show the outline of his ripped muscles. He was also wearing the leather jacket I bought him with some Calvin Klein jeans and his black Sperrys (which I also bought him) The best part of his outfit was his lips, that day he walked around with his sly smile with his lips slightly parted and his white teeth showing just enough for me to see. The reddish-pink color of his lips was tempting me, I was dying to feel his snake-bite on my lips. Later that same day, in chemistry I believe, we were paired up for a project. While we were working he whispered in my ear “Violet, I have a surprise for you later.” and if you know me at all you would know where my mind went…I thought he meant a tub full of rose petals and a nice massage. Nope, my surprise was a graveyard… oh and not just any graveyard… oh no it just had to be a haunted graveyard. I wanted to slap him and tell him he was out of his damn mind… but I ended up being enchanted by him, the way he moved, the way he talked, and his handsome face. Ugh, he was the most beautiful person I had ever met… with his soft blue-green eyes with their flakes of gold near his pupils and his perfect lips…my god his perfect lips! I followed him deeper and deeper into the (haunted) graveyard, the fog became thicker and thicker until it was so thick I was basically blind. I called out his name but there never came an answer. I slumped against some mausoleum and waited until I was able to see again. What I saw was no where near what a normal graveyard would look like… Instead I saw a portal literally pulling me into it… except this time I am all alone, no Varen, no Raven, no Scarlet, and even weirder no Lilith. So now I am stuck in some hell which I know not how to escape. I am trying to track Varen but I have found no sign of him. I wish I could ask someone for help, but damn it there is not one damn person here except me! I could pray to god but what would that do? I can’t reach anyone here, not even the protector of heaven and earth! It is like I am trapped in my own personal hell! I want out of this place, I want to find Varen, no I need to find Varen! By god I will not stop looking until our eyes meet, hearts intertwine, and lips lock! I miss him (even though he let the graveyard without me)  I want the other half of my heart, I need my Hercules to hold up my world or worlds! I have not wondered around this portal very much because I want to escape so badly! I hear whispers… they are so quiet I can but faintly hear what they say. The whispers get louder when I sleep. The only words I can make out are roses, Garden of Eden, and Help us. I can’t help the fact that those few words make me curious as to what or whom needs help in the rose patch in the Garden of Eden, but I guess it is because what ever or whom ever needs my help might lead me to Varen. I only have one question… How the hell do I find the damn roses in the Garden of Eden (which I am pretty sure humans were banned from) I have recurring dreams about me being the angel of death… I find it hard to believe… but if there is a chance I am the one and only angel of death, I need to figure out how the hell I can contact Varen or at least find my way into the Garden of Eden. Every once in a while I swear I hear him calling out my name. I hear water in the background which lead me to believe he is in like a bathroom or by a fountain of some sort. I remember when he disappeared I kept having visions of him by a fountain… I wonder if he goes to the Garden of Eden and reaches out to me? I miss him so much and I swear I can’t wait to see him again.I had a strange dream last night… I dreamt a locket was given to me… but in the locket there was a compass, not any thing else but a locket. Today I am on my way to the Garden of Eden (where hopefully I find Varen) I can’t shake the feeling that someone is watching me but when I look around I see nothing! When I look once more I see something shiny lying by my feet. I kneel down to pick it up and I see that it is a locket… and it is identical to the one in my dream. As I stand up I feel someone or something brush the small of my back… I know that touch… it was Varen or a glowing Varen but when I try to hug him I can’t. The glowing Varen says to follow him, but I am worried it is a trick. I fall into his spell every time though so I literally have no choice but to follow him. The locket compass starts to glow when I follow him…

I can’t help but to be amazed when the glowing Varen sprouts wings and begins to fly. He asks me if I am coming and I felt all the blood flush from my face… He instantly realized I was about to pass-out so he grabs me and holds me like a queen. The only words I could force out were What the hell. We land in a wonderful blood-orange and rose scented (which happen to be my favorite scents) room. I feel like I am falling but I can tell the glowing Varen is holding me up. As we descend through the clouds I nearly fall asleep because of the faint rocking of our motion. I am so relieved we finally came to a soft stop and I saw a not glowing Varen dressed in the same outfit he was in on the night we got separated. The real Varen is here and I am here but he made no motion to come see me so I went to him. He looked as if he were asleep, and I really don’t want to startle him, but because it has been so long I tap him on his shoulder. He instantly snapped back to life  and the other Varen (the one that was glowing) disappeared. I get startled and he puts his face close to mine and he seems to be looking into my soul. He finally breaks the silence with “Violet, I am so sorry I left you , and I hope you can forgive me” I start to cry and tell him it is okay. Varen takes my hands and places them on my chest (where normally I would feel a heart he tells me “ Violet can you feel that?” I am like feel what? He places my hands by my side and wraps his hands around my waist and gives me what I longed for most… his kiss , his lips, and my god he kisses so good!I put my hands on his neck and kiss back with all the love I held. I could have kissed him forever had he not stopped to tell me where we were and what we are and why we were here. I was so surprised when he told me I really was the angel of death and he was the angel of life. The only words I could say were well they do say opposites attract. We both started laughing and he took my hand and put them on my stomach and said “can you feel what is there?” I was like uhhhhh a belly button? He laughed and said “ no there is a baby in there” I was shocked! I asked him how it happened and he laughed and said “Violet I am the angel of life, with me anything is possible”9 months later:

I screamed out Varen’s name and he came running out of the house. I told him the baby was coming and he took me into our house and sat me on one of the guest beds. A short time later we welcomed twins a baby boy and a baby girl. I felt a tingling sensation all through my body and then I felt healthier than ever in my life! The best news was I got skinny again and that was that.

The End