Bluefyre | Teen Ink

Bluefyre

April 19, 2012
By Crazyblonde2136, Diamondhead, Mississippi
More by this author
Crazyblonde2136, Diamondhead, Mississippi
0 articles 1 photo 0 comments

She sat at her desk and stared at her teacher, but not actually listening. She gnaw on her bottom lip waiting for the bell to ring although she didn't intend to wait anyway. She stands up and stretches just as the teacher turns towards her," Miss Blue, please sit down." Blue smiles and puts on her blue and black headphone, "I don't think I will." Music pours into her ear as she walks towards the window, "Just mail the test to my place, though I'm never there." 
        She pulls up the window and climbs out, " See ya later suckers, I breaking out of the stupid prison."  She jumps out the second story window to a tree just outside. The teacher runs to the window screaming into the phone, " Code Bluefire! Yes Bluefire!" 
        Blue rolls her eyes and climbs down the tree quickly, not wanting to deal with the guards. She lands and takes off running towards the gate with her silk, black hair flying behind her, but it was to late. The guards were already there in their black suits and bullet proof vest underneath, but she never used bullets for anything.
       The guards point their semi-automatic pistols at her and she skids to a stop, " what's with the guns people?" she complains but grin as well," You know they never work."
                  "You still have the bracelet on. You are powerless, so I suggest you head back to the institute." says the first guard.
                  " You must a new recruit because I'm never going back there." she pulls off her jacket revealing a black tank top with two sharpened toothbrushes, a knife made out of chicken bone, and one of the guards police bat. She jumps up and kicks the rookie in the jaw then the hoard of guards comes after her. Some step back and shot at her. Cowards she thought, but she didn't have time to time because the biggest guards was charging at her. She narrowly missed the attack, but the guard grabbed her shoulder and pulled her down with him. The other guards run to get right equipment to contain her while she was down, " Get off of me officer fatty!"She yelled and spit in his face, but he didn't move. She tried to reach for her chicken knife that fell out of the pocket and that when she saw her headphones on the ground, smashed by officer fatty's butt when they fell, " My music." she mumbled to herself. Then she was furious. She pushes her hands up on the officers fat chest. Her normally green eyes, glowed bright blue. The officer began to sweat instantly, "Um guys, is it suppose to be hot today?" officer fatty asked in panic but the other guards were busy untangling fire proof chains. The officer looked back down at her and quivered when her eyes glowed brighter. He began to breathe faster and sweat poured from his face. He thought his insides were melting and they were. Soon, Blue rolled officer fatty off of herself and smiled at the two black hand prints on his chest. She turns to the other guards and snatches up her chicken knife, "Who's next?" she asked with venom in her voice.
            Half of them screamed and stared down in shock of the body of officer fatty. The other half pulled out walkie talkies and yelled back up into them, but the back-up would never get there in time to save them. Blue steps forward with her eyes still blazing, the braver guards pulled out their guns again and shot at her. She narrowly misses each bullet and charges at the officer in front. She lunges at him with her chicken knife in head. He falls on his back as she lands on him and slices his neck. Blood spatters on her face and hands. One of the other guards knocks her off of his friend with the butt of his gun. As she goes to the ground, Blue grabs the butt of the gun and finds the trigger quickly. She pulls it and shoots the officer in the face. He crumples to the floor and two more come after her. One shoots her in the arm as she goes for gun and slams the butt in his face and elbows the other.
            She throws the gun on the ground when all the guards lay on the ground unconscious or dead. She grabs her shoulder to help stop the bleeding and jumps the gate quickly then takes off running.
             She walks into the nears bus station bathroom and turns her shirt inside out so the blood wouldn't show and washed all the blood off her face. She winced as she cleaned her bullet wound, but pulling the bullet out with tweezers  was painful. She wrapped her shoulder up with toilet paper and a gauze she found in the first aid kit under the sink. When she was done, she pulled her cellphone out of her jeans pocket and called an old friend, " hello?" asked Rin.
             " Hey, it's Blue."
             "Ha, long time no see. What did you do now?" He asked casually.
             "I'm going to need your help, so get the bike over to the old bus station across from the lake." she demands
             " whatever." He hangs up. 
           Blue walks outside and paces back and forth,while chewing on her bottom lip. As Rin pulls up on his red, custom made Harley Davison, "Hey Blue, who did you get in a fight with now?" he teased. She hopped on and wrapped her arms around his waist," shut up and drive. We don't have all day." she ruffles his shaggy blonde hair. He rolls his eyes at her and takes off. Blue smiled and her eyes cooled back to green quickly. She loved speed and the wind in her face with her hair whipping around behind her, but she backed out of her trace when Rin spoke over the roar of the wind and engine, " Ok, I know your senior in high school now, so I was wondering how did you get out of that high security institute?"
            Blue laughed against the wind," High security my butt. The guards there are the laziest, stupidest, and fattest people I have ever gotten away from. Their just called high security because their in the middle of nowhere and have tall fences with cameras." 
            " how did you get past the cameras?"
            " I don't care if they get me on camera because I'm always prepared."
            " Um ok, so where's Cole?" He asked a little concerned. Blue's muscles went limp and she laid her head again Rin's back, " That's why I broke out. I need to find him."

 Blue was laid put on a air mattress, that Rin put up for her, when he walked in and handed her a bowl of soup, " can I please clean up your wound properly? You know I can't stand to see it like that." blue laughs and takes the soup, " sure you can do that while I eat and think of what to do next." Rin smile with glee and jogged to the bathroom to get the supplies. Blue scooped up some soup and sip it out of the plastic spoon. Same old Rin, she thought, but she had no idea where to start looking for her little brother, Cole. All she could remember was her and Cole were eating lunch at waffle house in Gulfport, mississippi when the FBI busted through the door and dragged Cole away while someone held her back. But back then she didn't know she had the power to stop them, so after that she had trained herself to fight and practiced her powers often.
         Rin came back in after a minute and instantly started to work on her arm, " So what are we going to do to find him?" he ask.
         "First, we must get to Gulfport, Mississippi by tomorrow."
         Rin looked up at her in shock, " You do know that we're in Toronto, Canada, right?"
         " Yes, I'm fully aware of that." she smiles at him.
         " How on earth do you plan to get there by tomorrow?" he sounded doubtful.
         " I have my ways, but we'll need two fake IDs and you need a fake pilot license. Also, I need a waitress outfit." she said it as if she was reading it off of a checklist. Rin looked at her like she was crazy. She pulled arm away from him and pushed him towards all his techie computer stuff," Get on it. We don't have all day." Rin jumps in his computer chair and rapid typing begin immediately.
        Blue stands up and puts her bowl in the sink and begins to pack their bags, with the waitress and a make-shift pilot outfit in her bag, " Oh yeah, look up the nearest airport and a plane that leaves about 4 o'clock. She calls to him.
         " Do you want me to buy tickets? He calls back.
         " Nope, we're flying for free." she laughs
         " You know for a senior, you're kind of crazy." he comments
         " Hey, I'll do anything for my brother!" she snaps then she remembers something," I need new blue and black headphones. A really fat cop smashed my last pair with his butt."she laughs
         "I don't even want to ask."he shakes his slowly. Blue comes back out to the main room with too bags and drops them on the floor, " Got the IDs and stuff?" 
         He nods
          " Good, I'll drive," she throws a thick book at him," while you read that." Rin looks at the cover," How to fly a plane for dummies. Are you serious?"
          "Very, I suggest you start reading because flight leaves in about an hour."

           Blue pulls up at the airport 10 minutes before take off. She throws Rin his bag and grabs her and slams the door shut, " ok, we head to bathrooms, change then high jack a plane. Any question?" Rin raises his hand, but Blue swipes it away, " we have no time for questions. Now, come on." she snatches up his arm and drags him to the door. The airport looked so clean and secure. There was police in each station, but she didn't care a out that. She had the power to destroy this whole place if only she could get the stupid bracelet off. She could blow this place to the next continent, but the bracelet was in her way.
         Blue strolls casual towards the bathroom and nods to Rin as he enters the men, " time to get to work." she mutters to herself. She steps into a stall and locks it. She pulls out the waitress outfit and frowns at it, " it looks so uncomfortable, but she changes anyway. She comes out and looks at herself in the mirror. Her jet black hair was up in a pony tail, she had a small neck tie around her neck with a shirt underneath a white and blue jacket. Then a white skirt that goes down to her knees, " This is such a bad fighting suit." she complains.
         She walks out and finds Rin on the bench outside waiting. His usual shaggy blonde hair was actually combed and half hidden beneath the white pilots hat. There was a white long sleeve collared shirt with a pitch black tie around his neck that was perfectly tucked underneath a navy blue jacket with big round gold button going up and down the front, "Hmm you actually look very good in a suit with your hair combed." she smiles and takes his arm in hers, " ok, take us to the plane mister pilot man."
         Rin rolls his eyes, " By the way, you look stupid in a skirt."
         "Shut up, I know I do." she lightly steps on his toe with her heel as a warning when a police guard walks up to them, " IDs please." he holds out his hand to them. Blue digs it out of her bag as Rin fishes out of his pocket. They hand them to the officer at the same time as if they were robotic. The officer gives them an odd look then takes the IDs. Rin tensed as the officer slides them over the scanner and the light turns red. He looks at them, " Are you sure that you're Captain Hoda and Mrs. Riley?"
        Blue stays completely calm and smiles," I'm positive. Can you try it again?" the officer gives them a suspicious look, but does it anyway. The moment he puts the card on the scanner, Blue's eyes glow blue. She stares hard at the scanner, but since the bracelet the was on her wrist, it was a little harder than normal. Blue could feel the muscles in Rin's arm tense and get ready to run, so she stared harder and her eyes glowed brighter. The scanner was right on the edge off turning red, but it snapped green and so did Blue's eyes. She was exhausted from fight against the bracelet to take control of the scanner, but she pulled herself together as the officer looked up at them, " apparently, the scanner was mistaken. I'm sorry for your wait." he hands them their IDs and goes to the next person in line.
       Rin let's out the breath he was holding in. He never been much for a fight, she thought, but she sighs too. They walks toward the docking station for employees only, " Ok Rin, get to the cockpit and I'll meet you there in a few minute. If there's another pilot, don't do anything to him. I'll be the one to do that." she smiles up at him then lets go of his arm, " Don't speak to anybody. Just keep walking." she warns him them follows the rest of the plane waitresses.
       She was climbing into the plane when someone taps her shoulder, " What?" she turns and sees another waitress with short red hair and big brown eyes covered by even bigger black rimmed glasses. Blue stares at her, " Do I know you?"  The girl just looked just really giddy and excited, "Of course you know me!" she throws herself at Blue, but falls flat on her face when Blue continues to enter the plane. Blue strapped herself in her seat in the waitress quarters just behind the cockpit.
       The little red head girl sits next to her and smiles up at her, " Don't you remember me?" Blue rolls her eyes, " I don't know you."
        " Of course you do! I'm Debby." her smile widened and giddiness did not fade
        " I didn't ask for your name, bucked-tooth face." Blue just wanted to slap all the freckles off her bucked-tooth face. Debby kept smiling, " you're still so nice to me." Blue stared at her like she was absolutely insane," you retarded or something?" the girl just shook her head.Blue rolled her eyes and took a deep breath, " Hey, why don't you get your safety manual out from under the seat. We can look at it together." 
        " Great idea." she bends over the grab it. When she bends down, Blue's eyes turn a shade of light blue as a little blue flame appears on top of her finger. She quickly starts to burn the girl seatbelt so it's not attached to the seat anymore. Her eyes snap back green when Debby comes back up with the manual, " here we go."
        " Um why don't you get started on that while I go talk to the captain." she unstraps herself and strolls over to the door that leads to the cockpit, " Hey Rin," she turns to see a man younger than Rin standing behind her, " I mean Captain Hoda." the man stared at her suspiciously, " The Captain is the bathroom at the moment. I'm Jace, the co-pilot." he says with a very former voice. He had on the same uniform as Rin did, but with a tag that said Co-pilot. He had dark brown hair with deep blue eyes. He had the teenage look to his face like Blue did, " Um do you mind if I sit here and wait for the Captain?"
         " No need to wait, I'm here." Rin came up behind her and made her jump, " I see you met Jace." Blue nods. She didn't think that the Co-pilot would be about her age. She couldn't kill him. She snatches up Rin's arm and drags him to the far side of the cockpit, " Rin, please tell me that you read enough of that book to fly this thing." Rin shook his head, " What?! I thought you were a fast reader."
        " Calm down, I have Jace's help, so unless you want to die, don't kill him." he stares her in the eyes which bothers her greatly, " Fine, I wasn't planning to kill him anyway. He's to young. Now take off, I want to see something." she walks back to her seat where Debby is still reading the manual. Blue sits down and straps herself back in as soon as the engines turn on. She looks down at Debby's seatbelt and smiles at where she burned it off. Soon the plane starts down the run way. Debby looks down the aisle and screams, " Everybody, please put on your seat belts." Blue continues to grin when the plane slowly starts to come off the ground and it's angle becoming more vertical. Debby continues to yell, " everyone please put on your se-!" she going flying down to aisle, tumbling and hitting head on each object in her way. Blue pointed and laughed at her until she was out of breath then she laughed some more. Debby lay unconscious in the back of the plane by the bathroom

 Blue heads back to the cockpit as the plane levels out. She walks in to find Rin and Jace laughing and making jokes. She takes off her shoe and hits Jace in to back of the head, knocking him out. Rin stared at her angrily ," What is wrong with you? Now we're going to crash!" Blue rolls her eyes and pushes the auto-pilot button, " Stop overreacting. I came up here to tell you that this plane is going to Texas, so we have to jump when we get to about Arkansas."
             " Jump?! Who's going to fly the plane?! Jace is going to be out for at least and hour and the plane lands in about an 30 minutes!"
             " Shut up!" she snaps and chews savagely at her bottom lip, " Ok look, the plane is on auto-pilot, so it just keeps flying straight till it runs out of gas."
             " How does that help anything?! People will die!"
             " This plane is full of old people, they've lived their lives. That's all I can do. I'm not perfect." she counters
             " What about Jace?! He's your age. Just a kid."
             " Theres only two parachutes so I suggest, if you want to keep your little buddy, to strap him to you and jump. Now hurry up," she looks at the GPS, " we're about to be over Arkansas." she grabs the parachutes and throws one at him, " hook up, we have a long jump."
            " You know, for a senior, you're very dangerous and act like a criminal." he accuses.
            " Look, they took my brother and he was the only family I had left. I promised him I wouldn't leave him." she pulls the parachute on to her shoulders and winces when it touch her gunshot wound, but she still hooks herself in. Then helped Rin hook Jace to him.
            Blue yanks the door open and the alarm goes off immediately, " Oh, come on! Hurry up Rin. You're going first." she yells over the roaring wind while her hair slaps her face.
           "Wha-?!" it was to late for him to say anything because blue shoved him out the door. Blue gets ready to jump when Debby burst through the door, " Don't jump!" but that only made her jump faster, but Debby snatched at her foot when she was in midair. Soon, they were both falling, " You're so freaking stupid!" blue screams as they spin out of control. Debby sounded like a siren welling as she fell. Blue reaches out for her hand, but finds her hair instead. She pulls Debby closer and hooks her to herself. All at the same time, she pulled the cord and her and Debby were yanked up five feet in the air, but Debby kept scream, " Shut the heck up!" the scream stop instantly," Are we dead yet?" Debby asked squeamishly
             " No, we're not going to die. Do you know how to swim?"
             " Yes, why?"
             " we're taking a dip. Hang on." Blue reaches down and in unhooks Debby then herself. Of course Debby starts to scream again, so Blue pulls her up by the hair and holds Debby's mouth and nose, hoping to make her go unconscious. It works, right before they hit the water, Debby is out. Blue braces herself and wraps her body around Debby. 
            The water was freezing as they hit. It felt like needles stabbing her everywhere. Blue was momentarily stunned when she surfaced. She looked around with Debby barely on her back. She swims in circles till she saw the lake's bank, but it was so far. It was either swim or freeze to death she thought, so she swam and it was a lot harder with Debby on her back.
            After at least an hour of swimming in freezing cold water, Blue finally dragged Debby and herself to shore. She collapsed onto the sand from exhaustion when she heard a little electric sound. She looked down at her bracelet as smoke rose from it, " it shorted out." she mumbled then slowly went into unconsciousness.

           She woke up with the faint glow of a fire in front of her. There was a pillow under her head and a blanket on top of her. Her wet clothes lay a couple feet away. She looks underneath the covers and finds that she had on a brown long sleeve shirt and some blue jeans on. She instantly sat up, but her head started to pound, " Debby?" she calls.
          " She's still asleep, Blue." she looked up hoping to find Rin, but it was Jace sitting beside her.
          " How do you know my name?"
          " So called 'Captain' told me everything."
          "Where's Rin?" she questioned
          " Looking for food." 
          " Who put me in these clothes and whose are they?"
         " They're my clothes and I put you in them." he says casually.
         " What?! What is the matter with you!?" she was appalled completely and covered herself with the blanket.
         " Hey, I was trained to fly a plane in a hurricane in the pitch black dark. I think I can put you in dry clothes with out looking." he comments," Not saying I did that." Blue glares at him and slaps him across the face, " Pervert!" she jumps up and runs in the other side of the bank when she runs into Rin. She falls hard on her butt, " Oh my gosh Rin, that freak show is harassing me." she tattles, but Rin just laughs, " I told him to watch you if you woke while I was gone. Also, it doesn't look like we'll be in Gulfport by tomorrow. I'm sorry."
          " oh well, I guess we'll stay here tonight because I'm not going to carry that Debby chick. She may seem light but she's like a big bag of bricks." they both laughed at that and headed back towards the smothering fire, " Can i please relight this. It's pitiful."she asked curiously. Rin nods and Jace pulls a couple of stick out of a pile behind him and throws them on the fire. Blue stands up excitedly," I suggest y'all get back. I'm not the best of aim." they take her advice and take several steps back.
             She closes her eyes and puts her hands to together. She relaxes her face as she slowly opens her hands to find a burning blue ball of fire. Her eyes snaps open and are blazing blue. Rin and Jace stand in awe as the ball of fire burns between her bare palms. It would rotate slowly and beat as if it had a heartbeat. Blue seemed to be in a trace as she had to fire against her chest and in her hands, " Blue, light the fire." as if on command, Blue extends her arms, palms out, and fingers spread. The blue fire shot out in columns of heat and light, hitting directly in the center of the sticks. They went ablaze in seconds, " Blue, turn off the fire hands!" Rin yells as the fire burns across the sand. Blue's hand fall to her side and glowed slightly blue, but eyes faded back to green, " Did I do it?" Rin and Jace both pointed to the blazing blue fire, " I see why they always used the code name bluefire every time you escaped." Rin commented. Blue sat down and smiled at her handy work.

               When she woke up, the fire had died and Debby was staring at her like the creep she is, " Get away from me, you freak."
           " I thought you were dead." she frantically.
           " Well I'm not , so back away, stalker." she pushes the girl away and rubs her head, " Where are we again?"
           "We're at Lake Nixon. Exactly west from Little Rock, Arkansas." It was Rin. She turned  to see him carrying a bag on his back, " Where did you get that?"
          " There were these really nice campers camp just beyond that ridge. They gave me food and a pan." 
         " A pan is a good weapon actually. Anyway, let's go." she stands up and stretches then kicks Jace, " Get up. We have a lot of ground to cover." Jace mumbles and rolls on his side. Blue kicks him harder, " Get up, stupid!" 
        " No, I'm tired and don't call me stupid." he mutters then rolls onto his stomach. Blue glares at him and a small flame appears on her finger. She points her finger towards Jace's butt and zaps him. Instantly, his shorts catch fire. He jumps up and pats his butt repetitively. Blue zaps him again and watches his repetivily pound on his back. She keeps zapping him till he runs into the lake, he dives straight in a wave. She points and laughs at him, " So you really are stupid. Ok fun's over, let's going." she starts to walk.
        " Um, Blue. Mississippi is this way." Rin points to the southeast. Blue glares at him, " I knew that." she walks southeast with Rin, Jace, and Debby trailing behind her. As they walk, they all hold out their thumbs for a ride, but apparently no one wanted to carry four people along with them.
         They finally hitched a ride in a pick up truck with pigs in it. At least Debby had fun talking to the pigs. The pick up truck only took them Bryant, but they took a bus all the way to Pine Bluff. Jace and Debby ended up buying everything considering Blue and Rin were flat broke. While Jace bought them bus tickets all the way to Greenville, Mississippi, Rin, Blue, and Debby sit at a table and ate burgers, " Ok so, in a couple of hours we'll be in Greenville. We can rest there tonight and reach Gulfport by tomorrow." Rin planned
         " Or we can travel all night and be at Gulport around one P.M.. " Blue countered
         " I'm not travel all night, the last thing I want to do is walk." it was Debby, whining as always.
         " Debby just shut up and let the smart people talk." she snapped. Rin glared at her, " Be nice Blue, she just putting in her suggestion."
         " I don't like suggestions. They're always so stupid."  She takes a bite out of her burger and stuffs some fries in her mouth, " I see you're a sloppy eater too." it was Jace. Blue looks up, " You better have the ticket or I'll zap you till your crying for your mom." Jace pulls four rectangles out of his back pocket that said ticket on each one, " Great," she stands up and wipes her hands, " let's go."
         " Wait." Rin had her arm and slowly pointed to a poster on the wall of the bus station. There was a picture of Blue with the words wanted in bolder letters and at the top of her picture it said: Bluefire dangerous. They all stare at the picture in shock, " How did they get my picture all the way from Canada?"
        " I'm guessing your bracelet." Rin suggested. Blue looked down at her bracelet and of course, it was blinking, " They're tracking me. They know we're in down here. They must have sent to picture , so that we might be captured." Blue had to take a deep breath, so she didn't lose it, " Well now we must be very careful because there's people already staring at that poster and looking around. So we must go." She grabs Rin's and Jace's wrist, not really caring if Debby saw them leave or not.
        She walks outside and stops dead. The posters were everywhere. On post, buildings, windows, everywhere, " Oh come on! This is not my day. How did all of these posters get here. Were they here when we got here?" they both shook their heads then Debby came running out of the building, " Run! There's a whole police force in there!" she ran pass Blue, but didn't get to far because Blue snatched up her hair, " Shut up, you freak. You'll give us away. Act normal." but it was too late to be acting normal because as people walked by, they noticed the posters and Blue holding a girl by the hair with two men behind. They whipped out their phones and started to call and take pictures. Blue glares at Debby," you loud mouth! We have to go, now. By the way, y'all are criminal now." Blue takes off running, dragging Debby behind her by the hair. Rin and Jace run after them , " Is blue always this crazy?" Jace asked as he ran. Rin nodded and sped up.
        Blue turned plenty of counters and cut through alleys till she finally thought it would be safe to actually walk. Debby's hair that Blue had in her hand had come off her head and made Debby fall flat on her face. Blue just laughed at her new bald spot, " I told you to run faster, but you just fell so I dragged you." she continues to laugh as Rin and Jace catch up and stare at Debby who was crying. Jace crouched down and stared at all of the scratches and cuts on her legs. He especially notice the bald spot, " What did you do to her?!"
        " I was running and she wasn't fast enough so I dragged her. Would you rather I dropped her and kept run because I could have done that."
        " you ripped a whole chunk of her hair out of her head! Do you not have any sympathy?!" He snapped at her.
        " I have plenty of sympathy, but not for that freak or for you, mister pervert!" she counters.
       " You're just a heartless witch, who doesn't care about anybody but herself!" Jace screams in her face. Blue swings her hand around and slaps him across the face then punches him in the gut, " I do what I have to to survive! I learned not to trust anybody and not to worry about anybody unless I honestly care for them!" She watches him double over and clutch his stomach, " You can rot in a hole the rest of you pitiful life, for all I care!" She turns on her heel and hightailed it out of there.   
       Blue was at the bus stop by the time they found her. She allowed only Rin near her, she glared at Debby and Jace, " Rin we're going to have to fight. I can feel it and my bracelet is going crazy." she looks down at her blinking bracelet. Rin looks over his shoulder and sees to men standing there, staring at her. He cursed under his breath, "They're already here." Blue looks behind herself and sees two more men. She could see the faint shape of a gun in one their jackets, " These Americans are all about guns ,aren't they." she stands up and turns her whole body towards them, "Rin, face the other two. I know you know how to fight. Jace and Debby, get behind me and Rin." they do as their told and so do the officers. Blue can see that one of the officers in front of her has a walkie talkie and is speaking into it. She takes a step forward and instantly the cops pull their guns, "Come any closer and we'll shoot." he warns.
       " I guess you didn't realize that I'm more dangerous from a distance, now that my bracelet is broken."
       The cops look at each other then nod. Guard one slowly comes up to blue, " spread your legs." he demands and starts to pat her sides for weapons. The officer looks back his partner and chuckles, " She has no weapons on her. She's just an innocence girl." his partner chuckles with him as he walks back with his back towards Blue. Blue looks over at Rin and mouthes: watch this. She grabs the cop by the collar of his shirt slams him to the ground. His partner runs up shooting out of control. Blue picks up the man on the ground and uses him as a human shield. That's when the other two guards come running to help. They stop behind a pillar and start to shoot. Rin goes into action immediately, he tackles one of the guards and dodges a punch from the other. He slams the guard on the ground against the pillar, but his own face gets slams into it too. He picks himself back up and wipes the blood from his nose. He swings at the officer,but the officer was faster. He punches Rin in the jaw then jabbed him in the stomach. Jace jumps into the fight and kicks the officer in the chest sending him backwards. Jace grabs the officer's police bat and rapidly hit the officer in the head.
      Blue pushes the dead officer off of her, but the other officer is already on her. He knocks her in the head with the butt of his gun. She falls to the ground hard. The officer goes to hit her again, but she kicks him in the groin. As he goes to the ground, she grabs his gun and shoots him in the head. She throws the gun down and runs to Rin, " Are you, ok?" he honestly looked horrible. His nose was pouring blood, his lip was busted, and had the biggest welt on his forehead, " I'm fine." he sits up and looks at Jace, still hitting the guard with the bat, " Thanks Jace." 
       He looks up and smiles, "No problem." he stands up and helps up Rin," Where's Debby?" Blue looks around and finds Debby sitting curled up in a ball behind the garbage. Blue must have looked horrible too because Debby screamed to the top of her lungs when she saw Blue, " Shut up, it's me Blue."
        Debby stared in reply, but Blue didn't have time for staring, " Come on, bus is here." she dragged Debby to her feet and walked onto the bus. Everyone on the bus was staring out the windows at the scene of dead cops then looked directly at Blue and Rin. Blue smiled and waved slightly at the frightened people. As she walked by, the people leaned away from her, so she and the gang just sat in the back, but people still stared at them. As if they where waiting for Blue to attack.
        After awhile of staring and quietness, Blue burst out laughing and everyone flinched even Rin. She looks over at an old lady ahead of her, " I must look terrible if y'all are staring at me like that. Do you have a mirror I can borrow?" the lady began to dig frantically in her handbag. She finally found one and her hands shook as she handed it to her. Blue smiled,"Thank you." she looks in the mirror and jumps. She had two welts on her head. One on her forehead and one on the side. Her hair was plastered with blood, but not her own thank god. She looks at herself for a few more minutes then hands it back to the lady," Thank you again." the lady snatches the mirror back and shoves it into her handbag again.

Riding on a bus with a bunch of frighten people was fun, but it old when they flinched every time she moved. So when they got off at Greenville, she relaxed a little better, " Ok Rin, you win. We stay here tonight, but that Debby chick has to sleep on the floor."
         " Alright." Rin sighed. Blue smiled, she liked to get her way. She, Rin, Jace, and Debby all walk down the street towards a cheap looking motel, " Ok, who's going to pay for this?"
         " I guess I will."Jace steps forward," considering Debby paid for our last meal."
         " Ok, I'll go with you. Rin and Debby found a dollar general or something and buy some cheap clothes because we smell and look like murders."
        " technically we are murders."it was Debby.
        " Shut up and go." she gestures for them to leave and they do. She looks over at Jace, " lets go." she takes his arm and drags him to the motel. As they walk, she hands him Rin's fake pilot license, " What's this for?"
        " Your picture has been taken with you right by me. Your a criminal, you need a fake name. Your name is Mike Hoda and mine is Riley Blue."She explains
        " Um, why are you using your first name in your fake one?"
        " I'm not, my real name is Riley Blue, but I go by Blue since its the color of my power."She explains again.
        "Then what does everybody think your real name is?" he asked.
        " Blue Walker. I know it a stupid name, but I was in a hurry when I made it up. By the way, not even Rin knows my real name. So I suggest you keep your mouth shut unless you want to die." she threatens. Jace just smiles and chuckles a bit, " I feel so special."
         " Well, you're not, so shut up."she says and pushes the door to the motel open. There was a middle-aged women sitting at the desk reading a magazine, " Hello, how may I hel-?" she looks directly at Blue," Ma'am, would you like me to call the hospital?"
        " Why?" Blue had completely forgotten her face was messed up.
        " Your face is swollen." the women says in shock.
        " Oh that's why, I totally forgot. It's ok, I just fell." she knew it was a bad lie, but it worked, " Well, if your ok, welcome to the Super 8 Motel. How may I help you?" the women offers. Blue smiles, " We would like to buy a room."
         " We only have two rooms left, but they're strictly for married couples only. Y'all are married right?" she informs them.
        Blue tenses and gnaws on her bottom lip when Jace says, " Yes ma'am, we are. We are Mr. And Mrs. Hoda." he hands the lady the fake ID. Blue glares up at him, but he just shrugs. The lady hands back the ID  and the room keys," Have a nice night." she says nicely.
      Jace smiles, " You too. Lets go, dear." he take Blue's shoulders and walks towards the room, " Yeah let's go, 'Honey'." she elbows him in the stomach at the word honey. When they get to the room, Blue lets her anger out, " Is your head screwed on backwards?! If you haven't noticed, we're not married nor do I even like you, you pervert!" she sits on the springy bed, " you're sleeping in the tub." Jace just nods. Blue continues to glare at him as she pulls out her phone and calls Rin, " Hey Rin, when you get to the motel, you and Debby have to check in as a married couple." she listens for a minute, " Yeah ok, we're in room 409. See you in a minute." she hangs up and throws the phone the bed, " What you staring at?"
      " You're face looks really bad." he takes off the bathroom and comes back with a wet cloth," Stay still." he gingerly rubs the cloth over her blood-crusted hairline and even more gently over her welts on her head. He continues to wipe her face when their eyes meet. He looks her in the eyes sweetly and surprisingly it didn't bother her at all  ," You look much better without all that blood." he comments. Blue rolls her eyes and laughs, " You're totally hitting on me." 
     Jace's eyes widen, " I am not! I swear Blue, you have gone completely mad." But Blue keeps laughing and doesn't stop till Rin knocks on the door, " I have clean clothes." Blue yanks the door open and snatches a black shirt and a pair jeans then runs to shower, " Finally, I can stop smelling like a man." she yells as she jumps into the shower.
         After thirty minutes of just standing in water, Blue gets out and drys off and pulls on the clothes. She walks out to Jace already clean and in navy blue boxer with a white shirt, " How are you already clean?"
        " I used Rin's shower since you took so long."
        " Well, excuse me for missing hot water." she snaps
        " I'm not accusing you of anything. I was just say." Blue walks over to him, " I'm sleeping in the bed. You get the tub."
        " I believe it would be quite wet considering you just got out." he smiles at his cleverness.
        Blue gives a big sigh," you really are a pervert, aren't you? I guess you can sleep in the bed, but one snore and you burn to a crisp." she threatens. Jace chuckles and scoots over. Blue sighs and climbs under the covers, " night." she turns off the lamp.

        Blue woke up with Jace's arm around her. Blue reacts immediately, she slams her elbow down on his cheek and kick him out of the bed. Jace falls to floor with a scream, " What the heck?!" he comes up holding his cheek, "You were cuddling me, you little weirdo." she grabs her shoes and dashes out the door. She runs door to Rin's door and pounds on it," Rin! Rin, wake up." he came to the door with his hair a mess. He had on a red shirt with blue jeans," what?"
      " time to go." She grabs his arm, " come on, Debby." she calls into the room and tries to drag Rin with her, but Rin holds her back, " what's the rush?"
      " We're going to leave Jace while he's trying to put on his pants." she says quickly.
      Rin's eyebrows come together," I'm not even going to ask." 
      " Good because we don't have time. Debby hurry up or we'll leave without you." Debby comes running out with a toothbrush tangled in her fiery red hair. Her glasses were crooked and she was holding a brush with toothpaste on it. Blue stared at her like she lost her mind, " What were you doing in there? Trying to eat your brush?!"
      " No, that be insane. I was trying to brush my hair." she smiled as if she was a genus, but all Blue saw was stupidity, " It's official, I'm traveling with complete morons." she turns around and bumps into Jace, " Am I a moron too?"
      " No, your a mental disturbed lunatic! I'm leaving." she shoulders pass him and out the door. She walks down the sidewalks and stops, " Who wants to drive a Ferrari?"
       "What?" asked Rin. Blue points to the black Ferrari in front of her and grins, " I bet you I can get it started." everyone nods in agreement. Blue smiles and put her palms against the hood of the car. She doesn't close her eyes this time, but they still turn an icy blue. She keeps her hands there for a minute when these bright blue lines appeared on the hood and started towards the windshield. They looked like veins to Blue. The blue veins crawled all over the car till it was completely covered with blue veins. Blue took a deep breath then whispered, "Start." the car roared to life. She let the breath out and all the veins crawled back into her hands. She smiled and looked over the Rin. Her eyes melted back to green and she opened the car door, "Come on, we don't have all day."
        They pile in with Rin driving, "Where to?"
         "To Jackson." Blue smiles and turns on the radio, " I'm so glad to be out of a bus."

              After driving straight through Jackson, Mississippi, Blue and her gang finally made it to Gulfport. Blue stares out her window at all the familiar buildings that she use to go to with her brother. She smiled at everybody playing on the beach and cringed away when she saw a really fat man jogging without a shirt. Blue rolls down the window, " Hey fatty, put on a shirt!" she yells at the fat man and he flips her off. Blue rolls up her window," Rin can you go down this alley then take a right and there should be an old rusty garage door." he does as he is told and pulls up at an old rusty door. Blue jumps out of the car before it even stopped. She jogged to the door and ran her fingers over the rusty metal till she found the little notch," Blue, what are you doing?" Rin came up behind her to watch.
         " Um, Rin before I open this door, I'd like to tell you that my real name is Riley Blue and not Blue Walker, but you can still call me Blue." She opened up a tiny compartment in the metal with a keypad inside.
         " Wait, what? When did you change your name?" he was confused.
         " I didn't," she types in 2136 on the keypad and the green light blinked on, " I just decided to tell you before you saw my real house. So if you didn't already realize it, I lied to you for the three years we've known each other." she says as a voice scanner pops out and records her voice as she talk. The light blinked green again then an eye scanner slides out, " My gosh, Cole put a lot of scanners in this thing." she sticks her face against the lens.
        " How could you not tell me your real name?" he finally wrapped it around his brain.
        " It's not that big of a deal and I was trying to brake out of prison, so never got around to  it." she pulls away from the scanner and lifts up the door to reveal rows a pawn rows of guns and weapons. Blue's favorite aisle was the swords aisle, " What were y'all? Terrorist?" It was Jace. He walked in beside Blue and eyed every weapon, " Not at all, my brother was one of the smartest people on earth even though he was only twelve years. He was like a computer, so he needed protection after our mother and father died. I at the time was only 16 and training to be a secret agent like my father, but I didn't trust the agency after my parent's death. So I went rogue and many times the FBI or the SWAT team came after us when we traveled. That's why I have all this stuff." she strolls in casually and rans her fingers over each weapon she walks past. She goes the end of the aisle and sits at a desk, " It's time to get technical." she mutter and switched on an old looking computer. The screen lit up with a picture of her and Cole. He had black hair just like hers but his eyes where naturally blue, but turn solid purple when he used his powers.
          She clicks on the file icon quickly to get away from the picture so she wouldn't cry. The comes up with a black background with neon green codes loading. Blue clicks on a code called Orange-death. It pops up with an article about seventeen FBI agent being burned to ash. Rin comes comes up behind her and looks at the article, " Did you do this?" 
         Blue nods," this is what got me set to prison. It was when I first discovered my powers."
         " Brutal." Jace comes up with his hands tucked safely in his pockets," I know this is totally of topic, but what exactly happened to your parents anyway?"
         Blue turns and looks at him, " That's to personal buddy." she stands up and stride over to another metal door and types in the same password into the keypad. The door slides open and shows two sport cars , two blowup beds, and two dressers," y'all can do whatever y'all want, but don't touch anything in the weapons room or I'll kill you. The kitchen is through that door and the bathroom is right there." she points to the door next to one of the beds. Debby goes running towards the bathroom screaming, " I have to pee, move!" she pushes pass Rin  and slams the door shut. Blue rolls her eyes and walks to one of the dressers and pulls out a black tank top and some skinny jeans that cut off at the knee, " what are you doing?"asked Rin.
         " I'm going for a midnight walk. Y'all stay here and rest." Blue goes into the bathroom and pushes Debby out. She pulled on the familiar clothes and walked back out, " I'll be at the beach if anybody needs me. Hopefully, nobody will need me. Again, unless someone attacks y'all, don't touch my weapons." she eyes them all especially Jace then walks out.
         She walked barefoot on the wet sand. The water was a bit cold, but she liked it that way. She stares up at the sky, " Where are you?!" she screams at the nothingness of the Gulf of Mexico, " If your referring to me, I'm right here." Blue turns quickly with her foot high in the air and kick Jace right in the face, " Oh my god.... Don't scare me like that!"
         Jace rubs his jaw, " Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."
         " Well you did." she sighs and sits down in the sand, " Are you going to sit down or just stand there like a freak?" Jace chuckles and sits down beside her, " So why did you come out here?"
        " I wanted to say I'm sorry."
        Blue raised an eyebrow," What for?"
        " For judging you when all you were doing was trying to save our skins."
        She smiles at him, " I have had many people judge me in my short time on this planet, but you are the first to ever say sorry. Thank you."
        " So I'm forgiven?"
        " yes, you are forgiven." she chuckles. He smiles too, " So, what now?"
        Blue jumps up and runs half way down the beach and comes back with two pieces of driftwood, "Bonfire."
        " we don't have any matches."
        Blue rolls her eyes, " We have me genus. My code name is bluefire." she places the pieces of wood on the ground and encircles they with seashells. Then she creates a ball of fire and places it gently on top the wood. It catches fire quickly, " There we go, a blue bonfire." she smiles at her work and sits back down by Jace. They sat in silence for quite awhile until Jace finally broke the silence, " So about your parents, is their death like a major secret or something?"
       Blue sighs," I guess I'll tell the story since your dying to know. It was me and Cole walking home from school when Cole noticed police cruisers in our drive way. And of course, we ran for the house, wanting to know what was going on. So we ran in and saw at least ten cops standing around, taking pictures of two bodies burnt beyond belief. I was only 14 then and Cole was 10. We were put in several foster homes, but always escaped back to Gulfport, to our hideout. Then Cole completely developed his powers and became the smartest kid ever. He knew everything there was to know, but soon the word got around to the government that there was this oddly smart kid and his overprotective sister. They gradually started to attack us more and more often. Then one day, I let my guard down while we were eating and they came and got him. I ended up in prison shortly afterwards. That's my story." she gives him a halfhearted smile, " And today was his 15th birthday." she said half sobbing, half whispering. She leans against Jace's shoulder, " I miss him so much that some days I might explode." she cries into his shoulder. Jace wraps his arm around and rubs her back gently, "It'll be alright."
          " How do you know?" she sobbed.
          " Well, you have three loyal friends who will help the best they can through all steps." she looks up at him with tear streaked cheek," and when you get furious, you're hotter then dragon's breath." Blue laughs at the last comment and punches him in the shoulder, "You're still a weirdo pervert to me."
          " Hope to be more than that one day." he mumbles.
          " What do you mean?"
          " I mean, I want to be more to you than just a weirdo pervert."
          Blue looks at him a little confused, " Yeah, we can be friends too." Jace frowns at her, " What?"
          " I mean this." he frames her face with hands and ever so slowly leans in and kisses her. Blue stares at him in shock and tries to push him away, but he doesn't budge. Finally he pulls away and Blue slaps across the face, " Now, you'll be nothing more than just a pervert to me!" she stalks away, back to the hideout. Jace smiles and rubs his cheek, " I had a feeling she might do that."

  " Jace told me, that you kicked him off the bed when we stayed in Greenville." 
          Blue's jaw tightens," Well, he deserved it." she climbs off the bed and stretches. She looks over at the other mattress and sees Rin on it, but Jace on floor. She runs her fingers through her hair, " Come on, boys. Wake up." she lights her finger and zaps them both, but zaps Jace twice. Jace jumps up with a start and Rin falls off the mattress," Can you stop that?"
          Blue smiles, " No, I find it funny. Now come on, we have work to do."
          " What work could we possibly have? We have no clue to where Cole is." Jace points out. Blue glares at him, " Cole can contact us, but he will only do it when he absolutely needs to which I hope is soon."
          " How can he possibly contact us and why hasn't he done it already?!" Jace was getting aggravated.
          " Because he has the power to. He get into a person's head no matter the distance, but it makes him exhausted, so he doesn't use it unless its a life or death situation. Our job is be ready when ever he does." she explains.
          " how will we know when he tries and which one of will he try to get into?"
          " Thats easy. Me. It most likely that I'll have a blank expression on my face or just fall to my knees in pain because when he gets in head and he's pain, you'll feel his pain too." she turns and looks at Debby, " I'm going to teach you how to shoot and how to dodge a bullet." Debby's eyes widen, " No, I can't do that."
          " You can and you will. Come with me." she grabs Debby's wrist and pulls her towards the armory. She stops in front of one of the semi-automatic pistols, " Pick it up."
        " I-I can't." Debby whines. Blue forces her hand on the gun, " Pick. It. Up." she says slowly.
        " But I-"
        " Pick up the God forsaken gun!" she screams in her face. Debby flinches and snatches up the gun. Her hands shake slightly. Blue smiles, " Now, look behind you and their are three targets. I want you to you to line up your sights, so that the the front sight is between the rear sight." Debby does as she is told, "Ok next, aim the sights right under your target then pull the trigger."
         Debby turns and looks at her," I'm sorry, but I just can't do that."
         Blue's face hardens, " you will do what I say. And I say. Shoot!" she screams in Debby's ear then a loud explosion of a shot ripped through the air. Jace and Rin both go to the floor while Blue laughs, " Try not to hit Rin, but you can shoot Jace any day." she smiles at Debby ," But seriously try to hit your target." she pats her on the shoulder, " Practice that." she walks over to Rin, " Teach mister pervert, how to fight with a sword or knife."
        " What are you going to do?"
        " I'm going to try to get Cole to-." her face turns blank and her eyes slowly turn purple. Rin waves his hand in front of her eyes, " Blue? Blue. Blue, why are your eyes purple?" Jace laughs in the background, " I wonder what she'd do if I flicked her nose." he walks past Rin and flicks her nose. She doesn't move. He chuckles, " I think I know how to make her snap out of it." he brushes the hair off her cheek and goes to kiss her, but Blue snaps back second before he kisses her. She goes to punch him, but he was already on the floor. She looks over at Rin, " Did you just punch him?"
       " Yes."
       " Good job, but no time to talk we have to get ready." she runs to one of the dressers and pulls out four wetsuits. Rin looks at her likes she's crazy, " What are those for?"
        " We're going for a swim." she says with a sly grin.

 "It's ten miles off shore." she conforms. Rin looks at her doubtfully, " Alright, but if we get eaten by shark, I'm going to kill you." Blue smiles at him and pulls her air mask over her face, " You can't kill me if your already dead." she secures it to her face then dives in the water with her sword thumping against her thigh. Rin glares over at Jace, " Don't ever try to kiss her ever again." he slides his air mask on his face and jumps with his own sword on his thigh. Jace looks over at Debby and shrugs. He does the same as Rin and Blue with Debby right behind him.
       Blue swam as fast as she in the murky water of the Gulf. She looks back and sees the other far behind her. She gestures the best she could for them to hurry up, but they stayed at the same pace all the way to the fissility.
        When they made it to a porthole, Blue peeked in and saw three guards posted at one door. She swims to the next porthole and sees what like an infirmary with a person already on the bed. Blue looks a little closer and notices a enormous needle resting on a table next to the bed with purple liquid in it. Suddenly it hit her, that was her brother's blood. Blue looks around and jumps when she sees Rin right behind. She signals for him to open the hatch at the top of the dome-shaped structure. Rin nods and swims to the top. He ran his fingers over the slimy metal until he found a crease. He unhooks his sword and jams it in the crease. He forces the sword the side with all his might, but it doesn't even creak. He motions for Jace to come up and they both swim against the sword. Why won't you move thought Rin.
        Blue swims up with Debby at her side. She glare at the both of them and pushes them aside. She pulls the sword out then slams it back down. Immediately, thin, little blue veins climb down the sword and on to the algae covered door. She pulls her mask up and breathes: open into the water. The door pops open and engulfs them. Blue pulls the door closed with help from Rin when they all swam in. Blue pulls her mask back down on her face and turns her search light on. Ok, she thought to herself, there has to be a button in here to drain all off this water. As if reading her mind, Debby points to a tiny red button next to a medium sized door. 
        She pushes past Debby and slowly presses the button. Instead of the water draining, the door swung open and sucked them into an alarm filled room. The sound was overwhelmingly loud and stunned Blue for a moment, " Guys, we have to move," she stands up," Now." she drags Rin and Debby to their feet, leaving Jace behind, " Get up, stupid!" she calls to him, but he doesn't move. She groans and runs back to him, " wake up, pervert!" she zaps him and he jumps to his feet, " Your lucky I didn't stab you. Now come on." she takes off running with him right on her heels.
       The alarm continues to blare, but there were no guards. She stops in her track, " Wait," the other stop and stare at her, "there's something wrong. Where are all the guards?" 
       Rin seemed to realize quicker than the other two, " You're right. There should be guards chasing us." 
        " Doesn't that make things easier for us if they're gone?" it was Jace being as stupid as ever.
       " It could be, but it could also be a trap." replies Rin.
      " I guess we're going to find out." Blue takes off running to the next corridor, but is hit in the face before she can even stop. She falls on her back and groans, " I think I found them." she pulls herself off the floor right when the guard charges at her. He didn't seem to have any weapons, so Blue kept her sword at her side to keep the fight fair. 
        The guard swings at her and narrowly misses her head. Blue jumps back then kicks him in the jaw. The guard grabs his jaw and pushes it back in place with a sickly crunch of bone. Just that made Blue want to vomit, " Dude, you are disgusting."  she ducks under another throw of punch and pounds him in the stomach. He collapses to ground clutching his stomach. Blue turn with a smile, " That's how you beat down a lousy guard." she goes to turn when she is hit on the back of the head with the butt of a gun. She falls to the ground and slowly falls unconscious while Jace and Rin both lunge at the tons of guards that were pouring into the room.

        " Wake up. Wake up, Blue." she opens her eyes with a moan looks around, " Where am I?"
       " You are in a top secret military science lab."  Blue continues to look around for the mysterious voice, but there was nothing around the pool of light. Only darkness, " Where is my team? Where's my brother?!" She demands, struggling against the ropes that hold her to the chair.
       " I promise you that they are safe. And as for your brother, he's right next to you." another pool of light appears and reveals her brother, tied to a. Hair just like her, but asleep, " Cole!" Blue calls over to him and he jerks awake. His black hair was almost as shaggy as Rin's and his clothes were way to small. He looked a little when he saw Blue, but he smiled after he realized it was her, " Blue! You're here!" 
       " Yeah, but we're a little tied up." she tries again to get the ropes, but fails.
       " Oh dear Riley, no need to struggle against the ropes. We will not harm you." This was a different voice, much different. Blue glanced around frantically. Only six people knew her real name, but two of them were dead, " Who are you?! How do you know my name?!" she was panicking, "Show yourselves!" she heard a chuckle as two dark figure stepped into the light, " Oh my god..." the life was taken out of her as she and her brother realized who was standing in front of them. Cole was the first one to speak," Mom? Dad?" they both nodded with faint smiles on their faces. Blue stared at her mother. She thought she would never see her others black curls or her fathers silky blonde hair and his piercing green eyes. Soon her stare turned into a glare, " How could you?" she said under her breath.
          Her looked over at her, " Pardon?"
          " How could you?!" she tried to lunge out of her chair and ended up flat on her face. Cole looked over at her with a shocked look," Blue, are you ok?" he sounded concerned. She turned her head, so she can look at Cole and her parents, "I'm fine, Cole." she says through grinned teeth. Cole could definitely see the his sister's green eyes turn blue.
          " Now Riley, you know better than to squirm in your seat while someone is talking." her mother shakes her finger in a disappointed way.
          Blue looks directly at her," Are you sure about because no ones been there to teach me that." she says bitterly. Blue's father nudged her mother," Why don't you just go ahead and tell them why we did it, Kate. Make this easier." 
        " Alright Brian." she looks back at Blue and Cole," I know the biggest quest in your minds is: Why did we pretend to get killed in a fire then kidnap Cole. It's simple. As y'all know, we use to work at NASA for studies of extra terrestrials. Well, when Cole all of a sudden got smarter then a junior in high school when he was all twelve, made me and your father wonder. So that night, we snuck into Cole's room and drew some of his blood. We were dumbfounded when it appeared to be purple. Immediately, Brian called our boss and he order us to bring the sample to the lab." Blue found this story agony to have relive the scene, but this time she gets to see the backstage action. Her mother continues," We ran some test on it and find some unknown substances. Our boss contacted the government and commanded to classify Cole as dangerous and was to be destroyed." Her mother smiles as if was the happy ending to the story then her father continued the rest," The reason we pretended to die was so that we didn't get arrested while we worked on him."
        Blue glared, " If y'all never really died, who were the two people in the fire that burnt beyond recognition. Were they even human?"
        " Yes, they were you're old friend's parents. We ordered  one of the guards to trap them in the house and catch them on fire when they started to snoop around." She made her face actually for the people she murdered. Blue flared as tears ran down her cheeks, " You murdered Patty's parents! How could you murder someone so innocent?!" She was so furious that she shook. Cole looked over at her with fear in his eyes, " No, Blue! Don't do it!"

Rin pounded against the door, " Let us out!" Jace and Debby sat on a metal bench and stared at him, " Dude, no matter how loud you scream or pound on the door, they're not going to let us out." Rin spins on his heel and scowls at his bloodied and beat up face, " Do you have a better idea?!"
            Debby scans over then the creamy white room. She points to the porthole, " Couldn't we get out like that?" Rin raises and eyebrow," Do you want to drowned?"
           " No, but this door is solid and will probably hold the water long enough for us the grab Blue and her brother then hightail it out of here."she explains.
           " Wow, I guess there is something inside that little head of yours." Jace snickers.
           " Shut up, you pervert." she snaps.
           Jace looks over at her, "Whoa, Blue has really been rubbing off on you." Debby smiles, " Thanks. She's my roll model even though I'm older than her."
           " We're all older than her." he snickers. Rin starts to pace back and forth, " You Debby, that might actually work, but we'd have to out of here in less than 30 seconds. You'd have to go out first. Can you hold your breath long enough?"
           " I should be able to if I surface then come back down." she says.
           " Jace, we need something to break the window with."
           " I don't take orders from 'you'." 
           " You will if you want to save Blue." Rin threatens.
           Jace take a heavy breath and blows it in Rin's face," Fine, but only for Blue."  he stands up," Get ready to swim." he pulls the metal bench off the floor. Debby jumps down frantically. Jace picks it over his head with major effort. He rams it into the window and a little crack appears. He rams it again and the crack grows larger. Jace sets the bench down as the  crack begins to grow in size, " when the water pours in, wait for it fill up to at least above the porthole. It will be easier to swim out that way." he explains quickly.
         Then crack continues to grow until it stretches all the way across, " Brace yourself!" Rin shouts. The window explodes.

     
           Her eyes flare bright, fiery blue. She shook violently as she bored into her mothers eyes. Her mother glances over at her father," Brian, weren't her eyes just green?" he nods. She looks over at Cole, " Cole, what is going on?" Cole eyes were glued to Blue, " She has the Power." he whispers," Much greater Power than me. She's a Bluefire."
           The ropes the bound her wrist, start to catch flame as Blue's skin glows a faint blue. Soon even the chair starts to catch fire, but she doesn't wait for it to burn completely. She pushes off the floor and to her feet, " You will pay for your crimes." her eyes glow solid Blue. Kate takes a step back with Brian right beside her, " Now Riley, no need to get violent." 
           " Don't call me that! My name is not Riley Blue! It's Blue Walker!" she takes a step forward and patch of blue fire emerges from the floor. Suddenly the alarm goes off, Blue looks around, " What did you do?!" she screams.
          " We did nothing Ril-- Blue." her mother cringes away from Blue's rage. Blue continues to eye her parents as she walks over and unties her brother," Cole, I want you to stay behind me." she was to late to tell him though. His eyes were already purple. He grins a sly grin at her and stands up. He takes his stance next to his sister as his hands turn into fireballs, "Die." he mutters.

           
            Rin pushes himself out the porthole after Debby and Jace. He catches up to them at other porthole a few yards away. He watches as Jace thrust all his weight at the window till a small crack appears. Debby looks as if she might pass out. Rin gestures for her to go to the surface and she doesn't refuse. Rin looks over at Jace and nods. Jace nods back and counters the seconds till the glass caves in. 
             Jace got swallowed in before Rin, but they bothe hit the floor hard, coughing. Blue's head snaps up and over to them and so does three other people's, Rin didn't know. His eyes focused on Blue's perfectly featured face. Her high cheekbones, her perfectly plush lips, and her big, round, blue eyes. But that was all covered up by cuts, bruises, and welts. He pulls himself off the floor and staggers as he tries to stand, " Rin!" Blue runs to him and throws her arms around him. He hugs her right back, " Um guys, I hate to break up the reunion, but we might want to leave before we all drown." Rin instantly let's go of Blue and she yelled to the boy with purple fire for hands, " Cole! Run!" he looks back her then took off. She snatches up Rin's hand races after Cole with Jace right behind them, " Where's Debby?" she asked as they ran.
           " she had to surface when we broke the window open."
           " Good idea: let's break open a window when in a 'underwater' military base!" she shouts when a metal door burst open and water surging out of it with dead soldiers in it. Blue skids to a stop, she had lost Cole. Where was he, she thought, but she only had seconds to think. Maybe not even take, " This way." she turns to other direction and starts to run, but water was already rushing down the corridor. 
          Suddenly,  time slowed. The water froze in its place with Rin and Jace looking panicked. Then a voice appeared in her head: Use your Power, Blue. You can save them. You just have to dig deep. Blue fire is the most powerful of them all. The voice fade and time slowly can back to normal speed, " Get down!" she shouts. They fall to the floor just as Blue throws her arms out and brilliant, blue light flows out of her hands. She pushes with all her might against the water's force. She had no clue how long she could hold it like this. 
         Rin goes stand up, but a figure pushes through the water and on top of them. It was Cole, " Stay down if you want to live." his eyes were neon purple when a thin layer of what looked like a dome shaped shield formed over them, " What going to happen to Blue?"
        " She's going to blow this place to shreds. I'm sure she'll be fine." he says confidently, but Rin stares at him, " you guys are actual nut jobs." but his sentence was drowned out from the loudest sound he has ever heard, but it takes him serval minutes to realizes that in seconds that was being engulfed in a black and orange explosion and serval more minutes to realizes he is fly through the air. He stares blankly at the sky as he heads straight for the water. 
        He plunges into the warm water. All he could think about was Blue's face, but hates the ringing in his ears because might not ever be able to here her voice again.

          Blue flies into the air as the base blows to pieces. She watches as fire emerges from the waves. She braces herself as she hits the water. Please let them be alive, was all she thought. She swims towards the surfaces when she sees  Rin floating in the water. She panics and swims frantically over to him. She pulls his face out of the water and pulls his arm over her shoulder so he has the tiniest bit of support she can offer. She swims to beach which wasn't to far away, " Please don't be dead." she cries softly.
         She pulls onto the sandy beach and glares at anybody who walks up. She gets on her knees and puts her ear to his nose, " Oh my god," she begins to pound on his chest, "breathe, Rin, breathe." she puts her ear to his nose again then pounds some more, " please, don't make me give you CPR. Please, breathe." she listens again and nothing, " You will not die on me." she tilts his head back, pinches his nose, and blows air into his lungs. She pulls back and listens. Nothing, " No, we will not leave me." she pounds on his chest again then blows more air into his lungs, "Come on, take a god forsaken breath!" she cries, " Please show me the slightest sign of life, Rin, please!" she listens again and she can feel his breath in her ear. Her heart leaps, " Thank the lord." she prays as Rin twists to and throws up water. Blue pats his back, " you're alive." 
           " So are we." Blue looks up and sees Cole and Jace. She jumps up and runs and hugs Cole. She looks over at Jace and punches him in the shoulder, " Rin's ok and so are y'all." she runs back  Rin and helps him sit up, " You're ok." she says again with tears running down her face, " Is that a bad thing? What are you crying?" he croaks.
          " No, I'm happy." she throws her arms around him and kisses him. Rin is taken back but kisses her back. Jace stares sadly at the ground.

Kate's head pops out of the water, " I'm going to kill you, Blue. Just like I killed your little red head." her eyes flare into a bright crimson red.
            



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.